Windows 10: Black and glitched applications.

Discus and support Black and glitched applications. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So far Microsoft edge and the Minecraft launcher and Minecraft is black and glitched. Other applications are also probably glitched too. Some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by {Jerry}, Sep 7, 2019.

1. {Jerry} Win User

Black and glitched applications.

So far Microsoft edge and the Minecraft launcher and Minecraft is black and glitched. Other applications are also probably glitched too.

Some pictures:

Black and glitched applications. [​IMG] Black and glitched applications. 3ad6b8c8-4fbf-4d82-b621-c6f729f2cf53?upload=true.png

:)

{Jerry}, Sep 7, 2019

2. Nokia N97 Glitches - screen, applications, calls, email.

I have had my nokia n97 since July 2009. The issues I have had since are:

• The Lock Switch does not unlock the screen or turn on the screen immediately. I have to at times slide the switch 4 to 5 times to get the homescreen light up and to unlock.
    • When I select an application to load (e.g. emails or Ovi Store), the application will load and then it will terminate the loading and bring back the homescreen again. At times I have to select the applications twice before it will open properly.
    • The screen every now and then would glitch and make the screen black. The phone is still on, but I cannot see the screen - this also occurs when I am making a 5min call. This also sometimes occur when I am receiving an incoming call, the phone is still
      ringing but I cannot see the screen.

Since downloading the new firmware recently (Nov 2009), the glitches still remain - but it occurs more frequently nowadays. I have tried to restore the phone to it's factory settings and it still glitches. I also restored the phone and left it as it is (not
    installing other applications e.g. Windows Live Messenger, games) but it still glitches.

Is this a common thing with the Nokia N97? or is it just this handset?

Please help.

Maria.

mianguyen1987, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Screen Flickering Black and Graphical Glitches

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to access the system after an update on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

As the issue does not persists in safe mode I suggest to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Follow the below steps:

• From the Lock screen, click on
      Power
      button.

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and Click on
      Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment.

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the corresponding number.

Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, try to update the drivers

Step 2: Check if the NVIDIA graphics card is detected in device manager. If it is detected, update it's drivers and check if that helps.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• In the list of Hardware categories, double-click the category your device is in and then double-tap the device you want. For example, to see your video card, click Display adapters, and then double-click the video
      card name.

• Click the Driver tab, click
      Update Driver
      , and then follow the instructions. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

Step 3: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click “Uninstall”.
    Restart the computer and download, install the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website.

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

For blue screen/ Black screen errors, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft articles:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

And,

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Black and glitched applications.

Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Black and glitched applications.

1. Black and glitched applications. - Similar Threads - Black glitched applications

2. Black Screen Glitch Roblox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen Glitch Roblox: So whenever I play games in roblox and I equip lets say a gun, the bottom half of my screen turns black and glitches out when I move around in game. I have had this issue for months now and its very annoying.I have updated my display drivers but the fix is temporary and the...
  3. Black Screen Glitch Roblox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen Glitch Roblox: So whenever I play games in roblox and I equip lets say a gun, the bottom half of my screen turns black and glitches out when I move around in game. I have had this issue for months now and its very annoying.I have updated my display drivers but the fix is temporary and the...
  4. Windows Defender application glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender application glitch: This all started happening when I accidently downloaded a virus to my computer. Windows Defender reported back saying that I had a virus so I decided to go onto File Explorer and remove the files manually. It kept saying I had threats on my PC so I removed them but they kept...
  5. Windows Defender application glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender application glitch: This all started happening when I accidently downloaded a virus to my computer. Windows Defender reported back saying that I had a virus so I decided to go onto File Explorer and remove the files manually. It kept saying I had threats on my PC so I removed them but they kept...
  6. Windows Defender application glitch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Black screen glitch/crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen glitch/crash: I got on my laptop like I usually do, and I pressed the power button, it lit up like normal, it shows the HP logo and showed the white loading dots then it stops which usually means it's done loading but it just showed a black screen, blank with nothing on it, my laptop was...
  8. Black glitch on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black glitch on desktop: So once and a while I get this thing where my desktop slowly turn black, like when you hover over a icon or highlight Video: https://imgur.com/a/c4tEXx4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-glitch-on-desktop/8a2c0598-7b09-460c-bbd7-011a8b186307
  9. My windows application is glitched

My windows application is glitched: Every now and then my windows application tends to glitch out and not show any text or options. It just started happening recently. Attached below are some screenshots of what it looks like: This is my folder navigator [ATTACH] Some of my icons have this weird black...
  10. Screen glitch and Black screen

Screen glitch and Black screen: I was recently using Google Chrome on a computer running Windows 10 when a notification popped up informing me of a graphical error. Then the next day, just after logging on, a few graphical glitches appeared and the whole screen went black. The glitches kept appearing and...