Windows 10: Black arrow pointing at Microsoft Edge icon?

Discus and support Black arrow pointing at Microsoft Edge icon? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys. My Win10 just updated last night, and of course I had to go through the whole closing Edge welcome page > delete shortcut > unpin from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SolarisBravo, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Black arrow pointing at Microsoft Edge icon?

Hey guys. My Win10 just updated last night, and of course I had to go through the whole closing Edge welcome page > delete shortcut > unpin from taskbar process again. However, there now seems to be a black arrow on my desktop pointing towards my taskbar where Edge used to be - any idea how I might go about getting rid of this? It persists regardless of what background image I use.

submitted by /u/SolarisBravo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SolarisBravo, Aug 27, 2020

2. black icons

So i recently looked into how to remove those shortcut arrows and stumbled upon this registry edit:

REG ADD “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons” /v 29 /d %SystemRoot%\System32\shell32.dll,50 /f

after applying this and restarting the computer, my windows 7 now has black icons. Its not black boxes over the icons, its straight up the icon is black. when i refresh, i can see for a milisecond the real icon. Anyone know how to fix this besides a system restore? (i don't have any restore points *Bang Head :bangheadBlack arrow pointing at Microsoft Edge icon? :)

Edit and I also went into the registry and went to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer, and clicked on "link" and edited the value for it to 0000 00 00 00 00

not sure if that also contributed to this problem.

Darkgundam111, Aug 28, 2020
  3. No Cortana Icon on Microsoft Edge

Hi Praveen,

It is possible that the Show search and site suggestions as I type option in Microsoft Edge isn't enabled which explains why the Cortana icon is not visible. To check, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the Menu button (...).
    • Click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge
      option.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Show search and site suggestions as I type option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Black arrow pointing at Microsoft Edge icon?

microsoft edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Follow the steps provided below to add Microsoft Edge to your taskbar.

• Go to Start page.
    • Click on down arrow or all apps icon.
    • Search for Microsoft Edge.
    • Right click on Microsoft Edge and select Pin to taskbar.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Black arrow pointing at Microsoft Edge icon?

1. Black arrow pointing at Microsoft Edge icon? - Similar Threads - Black arrow pointing

2. Microsoft Edge icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge icon: Hello Sir,Sir, as you can clearly see in the screenshot that in the taskbar, the "Microsoft Edge" icon is unusual like a file icon. Can you please tell me how to fix this?...
  3. Microsoft Edge icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge icon: Hello Sir,Sir, as you can clearly see in the screenshot that in the taskbar, the "Microsoft Edge" icon is unusual like a file icon. Can you please tell me how to fix this?...
  4. Remove shortcut arrow icons (corrupts to black square)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove shortcut arrow icons (corrupts to black square): Hiya everyone, I have a problem. I've been trying to get rid of the shortcut arrow icons for over 2 weeks now and no matter what I do they keep corrupting to a black square. Sometimes it works, and the icon is just gone, but it's 50/50 (actually 75/25) whether the black...
  5. arrows on icons

in Windows 10 Support
    arrows on icons: hey guys. On my laptop I noticed that as you can see,there are many icons (shortcuts) and files with these arrows on it? What is this and how to get rid of it? [img] 155585
  6. Icon arrows

Icon arrows: I tried getting rid of the arrows on my icons with the directions here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-get-rid-shortcut-arrows-windows-10. After restarting, it worked BUT any time I put the computer to sleep, or restarted it, they came back. What's wierd is not ALL of...
  7. microsoft edge black screen

in Browsers and Email
    microsoft edge black screen: when i run netflix on edge it works fine until i switch to full screen when i click on full screen icon audio works fine but shows black screen amazon prime video works fine on my laptop netflix works fine but it is desktop that gives problems i am on windows 10 64 bit I5...
  8. Microsoft Edge Desktop Icon

Microsoft Edge Desktop Icon: How do I remove the Microsoft Edge desktop shortcut icon from my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-desktop-icon/18e2999e-f434-4999-8530-0a9cc9cfd756
  9. Pointer arrow changes to a pointing finger

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pointer arrow changes to a pointing finger: On Lenovo Flex laptop, in Windows, my mousepad pointer changes from an arrow to a pointing finger when I hover over a link or button. Nothing will open. How do I change it back?...
  10. blue arrows on icons

blue arrows on icons: [ATTACH] how to remove his blue arrows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-arrows-on-icons/5b5fc570-dff5-4041-80c0-080ad5c65c4a