Windows 10: Black background almost everwhere

Discus and support Black background almost everwhere in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; About an hour ago I received a solution from this site and finally got my colors back (everthing was in black and white ) but i'm still getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bvanasse, Nov 18, 2017.

1. bvanasse Win User

Black background almost everwhere

About an hour ago I received a solution from this site and finally got my colors back (everthing was in black and white ) but i'm still getting predominately black bacgrounds even with my colors back --even my folders and my word processor have a black background .I have a HP laptop with Windows 10 and just installed the latest major update .Any help appreciated . Bernie

:)

bvanasse, Nov 18, 2017
  2. za_mhz Win User

image retention(burn in)

Also, I only see the marks on a dark grey almost black background. No marks can be seen on a white background or other bright colors

za_mhz, Nov 18, 2017
  3. 60rolle99 Win User
    C1-02 text entry when in browser mode

When I compose an SMS the text background is white with black characters but when I switch to the browser and connect to my gmail account both the background AND characters are almost black which makes it very difficult to enter a message. What should I
    adjust?

60rolle99, Nov 18, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Hi again. The loss of your color was because one of the 'Ease of Access' settings (apply color filter) had been inadvertently turned on. There are other settings in that area that may also have been turned on at the same time.

Go to Settings > Ease of Access > Color & high contrast. I suspect you may have one of the high contrast themes currently selected. If so, set it to 'none' to get back to a normal Windows. The Ease of Access settings are mostly intended to help those with poor eyesight.

If it's not that, then you may have the 'Dark' theme currently selected...
    Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

5. bvanasse Win User
    Thanks Everything seems back to normal .Happy Thanksgiving to all.

bvanasse, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black background almost everwhere - Similar Threads - Black background almost

2. Powershell using almost RAM in background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell using almost RAM in background: My laptop has 8GB or RAM. Sometime when I notice it is painfully slow and I check task manager, I find a powershell process using so much ram around 3 GB . Is there a way to find what triggers this powershell? Can it be a Virus or Malware?...
  3. Powershell using almost RAM in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell using almost RAM in background: My laptop has 8GB or RAM. Sometime when I notice it is painfully slow and I check task manager, I find a powershell process using so much ram around 3 GB . Is there a way to find what triggers this powershell? Can it be a Virus or Malware?...
  4. Powershell using almost RAM in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black background of folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black background of folders: Hello!Can anybody help me, please?As you can see from the below image, Some of my folder's backgrounds are black:How can I fix it? I restarted many times but it didn't do anything......
  6. Black background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black background: I switched on this morning and the desktop background had gone black, went to personalisation, etc, etc. , changed the colour back to blue - but can't see for the life of me how to apply this or avoid having to do it again. No apply button, enter button, save button, so as...
  7. Background black screen

Background black screen: I made a folder with a bunch of pictures i use for a background slideshow and some pictures wont load. When i tried to set the picture for the background it automatically sets it to a black background. What do i do?...
  8. Black background

Black background: When I switched un my computer this morning it asked for a password. I was horrified because with Microsoft help I did away with the password option a few years ago. I switched off and took out battery and when I powered up again it seemed fine but the background is black...
  9. Black background

Black background: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and my desktop theme/picture is fine, but my task bar and all other screens have a black back ground. How do I change this? 38382
  10. Almost Black Screen of Death?

in Windows 10 Support
    Almost Black Screen of Death?: Okay, so my sister was trying to watch a Blu Ray DVD in my computer last night, but of course it didn't work. She ended up watching a normal DVD and it was fine. After she finished, I turned off my computer normally. This morning, however, I tried turning on my computer and...