Windows 10: Black Background, Missing File Explorer

Discus and support Black Background, Missing File Explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had this issue for two days and I haven't downloaded anything that may cause this. After signing in, the background is black and the apps are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by part_71, Dec 22, 2020.

1. part_71 Win User

Black Background, Missing File Explorer

I've had this issue for two days and I haven't downloaded anything that may cause this. After signing in, the background is black and the apps are still there. I could press at the start button but I can't open certain apps and can't type anything on the search bar.

:)

part_71, Dec 22, 2020
  2. archz2 Win User

Black/greyish background in windows explorer.

I found this image on the internet somewhere. How can I have such dark interface in windows 10 file explorer ?

Moreover, this is not a separate file manager. If you take a closer look on the left edge, you can see the a cropped portion of list having pinned shortcuts which is also dark.

Black Background, Missing File Explorer [​IMG]

archz2, Dec 22, 2020
  3. KMW_561 Win User
    PNGs have a black background in file explorer

My PNG and JPG files have a black background in file explorer. How can I change that? Many times when I download a new PNG or JPG file it has a white or transparent background at first and then eventually it turns black. It's really annoying because many
    of the files are black, so with the black background I can't see them at all. I've performed a disk cleanup already and tried transferring the files to a new folder. Neither worked.

Thank you.

KMW_561, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Black Background, Missing File Explorer

my background/file explorer are all coloured black

Can someone help me understand why my File Explorer and Google Search Bar are black. I was changing my colours and themes but I cannot see any place that I changed anything to black. Have reset to default and still my File Explorer is black background.
    Help Please

HollyMugggleston, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Black Background, Missing File Explorer

1. Black Background, Missing File Explorer - Similar Threads - Black Background Missing

2. Black Background of Folder Icons in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Background of Folder Icons in Explorer?: Hello, I am currently running Windows 11 on my system the new version 23H2 For about two weeks or so now I have began to notice that when I go into my Download Folder - my Folders have a black box background only on some of them. As you can see by the image below. A few steps...
  3. Black Background of Folder Icons in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Background of Folder Icons in Explorer?: Hello, I am currently running Windows 11 on my system the new version 23H2 For about two weeks or so now I have began to notice that when I go into my Download Folder - my Folders have a black box background only on some of them. As you can see by the image below. A few steps...
  4. File Explorer looks extremely weird now, with black text on black background and white...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer looks extremely weird now, with black text on black background and white...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dankassmememachine [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6nrah/file_explorer_looks_extremely_weird_now_with/
  5. background color in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    background color in file explorer: OS = Win 10. In my Settings>Color, I set the color to dark. All information in File Explorer comes up with a black background. Is there a way I can get a white background in File Explorer, while keeping a black background for the main program information box that comes up...
  6. my background/file explorer are all coloured black

my background/file explorer are all coloured black: Can someone help me understand why my File Explorer and Google Search Bar are black. I was changing my colours and themes but I cannot see any place that I changed anything to black. Have reset to default and still my File Explorer is black background. Help Please...
  7. Change File Explorer Background

Change File Explorer Background: Hi all, I just recently upgraded my version of Windows 10 to 1809, where Microsoft introduced the dark theme for File Explorer. I'm gonna be honest, it looks terrible. I might be just not used to it, but I want it back to the white background. I'm aware I can change the...
  8. PNGs have a black background in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PNGs have a black background in file explorer: My PNG and JPG files have a black background in file explorer. How can I change that? Many times when I download a new PNG or JPG file it has a white or transparent background at first and then eventually it turns black. It's really annoying because many of the files are...
  9. File Explorer background dark

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer background dark: Hey After an update, the background in my file exlorer turned very dark. I tried changing the theme, and tired with high contrast. The only thing that changes is the header, the background stays the same. [img] 138766
  10. Black/greyish background in windows explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black/greyish background in windows explorer.: I found this image on the internet somewhere. How can I have such dark interface in windows 10 file explorer ? Moreover, this is not a separate file manager. If you take a closer look on the left edge, you can see the a cropped portion of list having pinned shortcuts which...