Windows 10: Black Background Screen unchangeable after Win10 update

Discus and support Black Background Screen unchangeable after Win10 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today I had a notification of a Win 10 updates from the 19th and 20th August 2015. The updates installed and my PC booted and now I have a Black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bingo, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Bingo Win User

Black Background Screen unchangeable after Win10 update

Today I had a notification of a Win 10 updates from the 19th and 20th August 2015.

The updates installed and my PC booted and now I have a Black Background screen which I am not able to now change.

Does anyone have a similar situation and is there a possible suggested fix for that? other than before uninstalling the updates.

It was after installing these updates and I do not know which one is the culprit.
    Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.203.2712.0)
    Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.203.2712.0)
    Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081441)
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081444)
    Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.203.2776.0)

:)

Bingo, Aug 19, 2015
  2. vdm.) Win User

Intel HD driver causes my screen to go black

After updating to win10 my screen went black. Its starts okay and show the Surface logo then nothing. It still works in the background etc but screen just black. I completely installed Win10 a few time before realizing its the display driver.

When I start the pc in safe mode, uninstall the display driver and delete it works okay until the driver updates again. I've then went and selected to not update drivers for hardware and it works okay by just using the Basic Display driver.

I would like to use the correct driver. Any suggestions.

Thanks

vdm.), Aug 19, 2015
  3. Home Screen background color

Home Screen turned background turned black after latest Windows 10 update, 1607. How can I revert the home screen to blue background?

DavidHillVJ, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Bingo Win User

Solved. Ease of access, options, show windows background was found to be off. Turned it on and my problem is fixed. Thanks to a comment found in another thread.

Bingo, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Black Background Screen unchangeable after Win10 update - Similar Threads - Black Background Screen

2. Screen brightness unchangeable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen brightness unchangeable: I cant change my display brightness whatever i do, tried it in settings. The only screen brightness only changes when i manually rebooted my laptop windows 11 home, then it cant be changed again. I have to reboot my laptop every time i want to change the screen brightness...
  3. Screen brightness unchangeable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen brightness unchangeable: I cant change my display brightness whatever i do, tried it in settings. The only screen brightness only changes when i manually rebooted my laptop windows 11 home, then it cant be changed again. I have to reboot my laptop every time i want to change the screen brightness...
  4. Black Background after Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Background after Windows update: After a windows update, I cannot get my screen saver to function. I'm left with a black screen with only the apps visible. I have checked the "change scren saver" but nothing happens....
  5. Black Screen Before Login Win10 After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen Before Login Win10 After Windows Update: I updated to version 2004 on Windows 10, now I get a 20-40 second black screen before login. It does bring me to the login screen after above time frame, I can log-in and PC functions and plays games fine. But it has me anxious to ever reboot my PC. Any thoughts on how to...
  6. Background black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background black screen: I made a folder with a bunch of pictures i use for a background slideshow and some pictures wont load. When i tried to set the picture for the background it automatically sets it to a black background. What do i do?...
  7. Black background after updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black background after updates.: Twice I have spent some time to download updates and each time I have ended up with a black background. Why ?? Then I have to spend more time to contact Microsoft to help me get back to the original display. So by getting back my original display have I not got the updates ?...
  8. Screen time unchangable

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen time unchangable: My computer has screen time restrictions which I cannot remove. I am the admin on the computer and do not have any family, although this lack of family is where the issue came from. I had parents on the family but I removed myself from the family because the emails they were...
  9. win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor: gigabyte H81M-WW, intel i7 -4770 3.40 GHZ win10 update 1809 installed working ok. direct x 12 is seen with dxdiag command. screen shot attached. with update 1903 --up to lock screen ok. but on login --only black screen with cursor and on left hand top corner --personalized...
  10. Black screen after win10 update, all peripherals unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after win10 update, all peripherals unresponsive: I installed win10 updates last night. I now only get a black monitor which immediately goes to sleep. My keyboard and mouse are also non responsive. I have an optical mouse connected via usb and it appears to be dead as no light is on on the underside. When I turn the cpu off...