Windows 10: black background using a theme

Discus and support black background using a theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and I'm using a theme. But for some reason I have a black ground, how can I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lee EllenParrott, Jun 25, 2020.

1. black background using a theme

I have windows 10 and I'm using a theme. But for some reason I have a black ground, how can I fix this?

:)

Lee EllenParrott, Jun 25, 2020

2. Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...6c6/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 25, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

black background using a theme

Background Color is black

Hello,

To set the background color of your desktop back to default, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Personalization and click on Colors.
    • Scroll down to the bottom and click High Contrast Themes.
    • Select None if you want your background to be set to default.

Let is know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

black background using a theme

1. black background using a theme - Similar Threads - black background using

2. Background Theme is blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Theme is blank: When I log into my computer, my background is blue instead of showing my themes. Below is the problem I am having. How do I change this? What seems to be the problem?...
  3. DELETING BACKGROUND THEMES

in Windows 10 Customization
    DELETING BACKGROUND THEMES: How do I delete background themes I downloaded and no longer want so I can get new ones? Charlie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-background-themes/53e71f79-3b20-4a03-8d72-44ad334248e2
  4. background theme

background theme: in background themes 1 image states it has 16 images. How do i access these 16 images? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-theme/f5581b60-a908-45b7-8c4e-d59139f207f0
  5. Using Microsoft Edge's Home Tab Background As Desktop Background Theme

Using Microsoft Edge's Home Tab Background As Desktop Background Theme: Hello, I've been using Edge for a while now, and let me start by saying it is really good and quickly became my default and main browser. Now, I've set the home tab to have the "image of the day" background and with the feedback to the algorithm I usually get images I...
  6. background themes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background themes: I decided to add another picture to my desktop, not microsoft pic now i am getting my new pic showing , plus some family pics showing in sideshow even though I have it set at 'pictures' and not 'sideshow'....
  7. Background theme disappeared

Background theme disappeared: I was just moving some files over to my old HDD after I installed a new SSD, that the OS in now on, and all of a sudden my background screen turned off. I tried to put a new theme on but it won't let me and I have no idea how to fix it. I didn't transfer any of the microsoft...
  8. background themes

background themes: How can I previews the pictures in the Microsoft themes under my personalization file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-themes/9090c28a-a194-4b8f-beb6-065d3af2426d
  9. Background themes

Background themes: I downloaded and installed a slideshow from the Microsoft Store. I can't find where it's located, and it's not where the backgrounds/themes are located. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-themes/cd33196f-a5e0-4ca4-a1e1-8fbe71eddf35
  10. Backgrounds and Themes

Backgrounds and Themes: I would like to use one photo from a Microsoft downloaded Theme that has 20 different background photos, for my permanent background wallpaper. Is there a way to do this? The options in the background settings do not let me pick one picture permanently, it forces me to...