Windows 10: Black bar at bottom of display

Discus and support Black bar at bottom of display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There appears to be a thin black bar across the bottom of my monitor - tried all of the solutions recommended to other users with the same issue ex.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dragon314, Apr 15, 2021.

1. dragon314 Win User

Black bar at bottom of display

There appears to be a thin black bar across the bottom of my monitor - tried all of the solutions recommended to other users with the same issue ex. uninstalling/updating drivers, searching for & uninstalling potentially problematic third-party applications, though none worked. Recently attempted a factory restart, but the issue persists. Any suggestions?

:)

dragon314, Apr 15, 2021
  2. damtachoa Win User

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Black bar at bottom of display

Black bars around screen.

Hi,

Thank you for choosing Windows 10 Technical Preview.

I understand the inconvenience caused. Let me help you with the issue.

The issue could be, due to outdated graphics card or if the Windows is not up to date.

I suggest you to first check for updates and install them.

• Press Windows key + letter 'R.'
    • Type 'Wuapp' and hit OK.
    • Towards the left pane, choose Check for Updates.
    • Install all the available updates.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If the above steps did not fix the issue, I suggest you to uninstall the display drivers and restart the computer to check if the issue is caused by Display drivers.

• Right click on the Windows Start icon.
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adaptors.
    • Right click on the Display driver and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Hope the above steps is helpful to you. Please feel free to reply for any further help/queries.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Black bar at bottom of display

1. Black bar at bottom of display - Similar Threads - Black bar bottom

2. Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.: My screen has been like this for a while, but i didn't think much of it since it started out small and it didn't bother me because it was only blocking a very small portion of the bottom of the screen, I was able to click the start button and search and use my taskbar fine...
  3. Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.: My screen has been like this for a while, but i didn't think much of it since it started out small and it didn't bother me because it was only blocking a very small portion of the bottom of the screen, I was able to click the start button and search and use my taskbar fine...
  4. Black bar at the bottom of my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black bar at the bottom of my screen: Hello, I have an issue regarding my desktop in Windows 10. A month ago, I noticed the bottom of my screen had a blue/green tint to it. It didn't bother me much, so I ignored it. A couple days ago a black bar below the blue/green tint came up. I can still interact with my...
  5. Black bar at the bottom of my screen

Black bar at the bottom of my screen: Hello, I have an issue regarding my desktop in Windows 10. A month ago, I noticed the bottom of my screen had a blue/green tint to it. It didn't bother me much, so I ignored it. A couple days ago a black bar below the blue/green tint came up. I can still interact with my...
  6. Black Bar at bottom of my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Bar at bottom of my screen: I bought this gaming laptop about 2 years ago, about 5-6 months ago I have started having some issues with my computer screen.I have this black bar that is non-transparent, and is slowly getting bigger and bigger.When I unplug my gaming laptop, and it activates the "Battery...
  7. Black Bar at bottom of my screen

Black Bar at bottom of my screen: I bought this gaming laptop about 2 years ago, about 5-6 months ago I have started having some issues with my computer screen.I have this black bar that is non-transparent, and is slowly getting bigger and bigger.When I unplug my gaming laptop, and it activates the "Battery...
  8. Notification on bottom bar

Notification on bottom bar: When i click on notifications on the bottom right bar my outlook e mails come up but when I click on each e mail to say read it or reply, it disappears and I used to be able to click on it and read and reply? anyone any idea what has happened and why its doing this?...
  9. I have black bars in the top and bottom of my display

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have black bars in the top and bottom of my display: See this . When I tried to change my display resolution a black bar appeared . Can anyone please help me to fix this ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-black-bars-in-the-top-and-bottom-of-my/74d2ecb9-0b82-45c2-8691-0ae8a4fd25f6
  10. Black bar bug on 2560x1440 display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black bar bug on 2560x1440 display: [ATTACH] Hello, lately I've been having screen issue on 2560x1440 display. I'm using 2 display setup, both displays with different resolution (FullHD and QHD). Sometimes, when I drag&drop a window from FullHD to QHD, black bar appears on top part of the window. The black...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black bar bottom right of screen

2. black bar bottom of screen

3. black bar where taskbar was