Windows 10: Black bar bug on 2560x1440 display

Discus and support Black bar bug on 2560x1440 display in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello, lately I've been having screen issue on 2560x1440 display. I'm using 2 display setup, both displays with different resolution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/frycakf, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Black bar bug on 2560x1440 display

Black bar bug on 2560x1440 display bRIbaFn7sY-MUx_VolxL4rOqVIUmEXntuP1bORcI99M.jpg

Hello,

lately I've been having screen issue on 2560x1440 display. I'm using 2 display setup, both displays with different resolution (FullHD and QHD). Sometimes, when I drag&drop a window from FullHD to QHD, black bar appears on top part of the window. The black part is completely inactive (when I try to click inside area where close button is, nothing is happening). But when I resize the window with keyboard shortcut Win + arrows (for example on half screen), the black bar disappears. When I resize the window back to full screen, the black bar appears again.

This happens only on the QHD display and only with certain apps (all browsers, calculator, file explorer...). Only way to repair it is computer restart.

I already updated display and graphic drivers, but the issue persist. Did anyone noticed similar issue? Is there a way to solve it? God, it bothers me so much...

Thank you for help.

https://preview.redd.it/enqedvitgxv...bp&s=6ed648cde95b8391f47994158067db7001c7ac80

submitted by /u/frycakf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/frycakf, Oct 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 2560x1440 resolution

I have recently upgraded to the final version of windows 10 pro, 64bit machine. (Build 10240). After upgrading, I can no longer select 2560x1440 resolution for my philips 272C4 27 inch display. In my previous version (windows 7) this worked perfectly. The
    display supports and recommends the 2560x1440 resolution when I check in the display menu. I have a radeon 6800 graphics card with the latest drivers version 15.20.1062.1002-150715a-187327C.

Any suggestions? How do I "convince" windows 10 that my display supports this resolution?

Erik Boberg, Oct 31, 2019
  3. damtachoa Win User
    4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Black bar bug on 2560x1440 display

Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Black bar bug on 2560x1440 display

1. Black bar bug on 2560x1440 display - Similar Threads - Black bar bug

2. Is this a display bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a display bug?: Control panel says Discord was installed 6 days ahead of the actual date. I just want to let Microsoft know because Feedback Hub does not include a button to insert a photo....
  3. Is this a display bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this a display bug?: Control panel says Discord was installed 6 days ahead of the actual date. I just want to let Microsoft know because Feedback Hub does not include a button to insert a photo....
  4. bugged task bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bugged task bar: Hi, I recently noticed that my task bar stops working in certain conditions, ex:I normally boot up my computer.I log into my account everything's normalI switch to my another account: the task bar stops working: Only 3 icons appear: the windows logo, the search icon and the...
  5. search bar bug

in Cortana
    search bar bug: i am having a bug in search bar, as soon as i open any other window or start my laptop y search bar goes smaller and look like this :any solution for this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-bug/b6104e7d-b101-4291-acef-b3fe07935f7e
  6. Black bar at bottom of display

Black bar at bottom of display: There appears to be a thin black bar across the bottom of my monitor - tried all of the solutions recommended to other users with the same issue ex. uninstalling/updating drivers, searching for & uninstalling potentially problematic third-party applications, though none...
  7. Fuzzy display with 2560x1440 on new monitor

Fuzzy display with 2560x1440 on new monitor: New monitor with 2560 x 1440 display but very 'fuzzy' display, monitor driver is up to date plus check for my new updates on for Win 10 OS system . Whats's wrong with it?...
  8. Windows 10 black bar bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 black bar bug: Hello, I have a problem about a few weeks that appear several times. when I'm using Chrome / Acrobat Reader or another apps the menu bar of the app disappear and i saw a black bar instead and when I'm clicking on it its like I'm clicking on the desktop. I will attach a...
  9. Can't Change The Display Resolution to 2560x1440 144hz

Can't Change The Display Resolution to 2560x1440 144hz: Hey, i just got the samsung c27hg70 monitor and I want to change my display to fit it. When I click on control panel, it doesn't have a "adjust screen resolution" option. I do have an Nvidia 1080ti with nvidia control panel and tried to change it there, but it wouldn't change...
  10. NVidia GeForce 780 Not Displaying at Native Resolution of 2560x1440

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    NVidia GeForce 780 Not Displaying at Native Resolution of 2560x1440: Hey all. For a few months now I've had a minor, but consistently annoying, problem. After a GeForce driver update in the middle of the year or thereabouts, my monitor refuses to display at native resolution. Whenever I use Driver Cleaner, upon relaunch it's back at native...