Windows 10: black bar on right side of extended display playing video full screen

Discus and support black bar on right side of extended display playing video full screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have 2 screens connected to my PC on a GTX 650 GPU, the main screen is an Acer 17" @ 1440x900 and the other (extended) is an LG TV 32" @... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by snadge, Jan 13, 2019.

1. snadge Win User

black bar on right side of extended display playing video full screen

Hi

I have 2 screens connected to my PC on a GTX 650 GPU, the main screen is an Acer 17" @ 1440x900 and the other (extended) is an LG TV 32" @ 1920x1080 via HDMI - these work great but when I play videos in MPC-HT (need to use this program for 3rd party Interpolation plugin called DmitriRender) in full screen on the LG display a black rectangle appears on the right-hand side of the display taking up about 1/4 of the entire display? - yet when I use WMP or VLC it does not do this?

can anyone help?

thanks in advance

:)

snadge, Jan 13, 2019
  2. BasMooij Win User

Cannot play video full screen on 'extended displays - main display' monitor..

Hi, thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately this did not work..

I forgot to mention that programs like VLC do play the video on the extended monitor correct (just not web video and default film tv app).

What seems puzzling is the specificity of the problem. Again everything works fine when I set it to
    secondary display (by setting my laptop screen as main display, which by the way, does never give me the black screen).

I can also get the video image to appear when pressing and holding alt+tab while playing full screen web video (which otherwise produces the black screen).

Strange stuff, if anyone has more input let me know!

Cheers!

Bas

BasMooij, Jan 13, 2019
  3. no audio on extended display

Is your computer’s Operating System updated?

How about your Audio drivers, can you check if it is updated and can support HDMI audio output?

If your answer to those questions are yes, then you can check these steps to setup audio for your extended display:

• Connect your laptop to the extended display using the HDMI cable.
    • On the lower right side of your task bar, right click on the Audio icon.
    • Select Playback device
    • If you don’t see your extended display (T.V) you can right click on a blank space on the Playback tab and select Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
    • One your extended display (T.V) is showing, please check if it is enable.
    • Then Select OK.

Do a test and check if the audio is now playing on the extended display, if issue still persists, try to restart your computer without removing the HDMI for both devices.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Mohan B P Win User

I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. black bar on right side of extended display playing video full screen - Similar Threads - black bar right

2. My display has a thin 5mm black bars on four sides of the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My display has a thin 5mm black bars on four sides of the screen: My display has a thin 5mm black bars on four sides of the screen. I installed a program named spacedesk and as soon as i installed it i got the black bars. How do I fix this. I have uninstalled the program now and I still have the problem....
  3. Notification bar on right side of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification bar on right side of screen: example, windows is nagging because virus protection is going to expire. My Virus program (Viper) is happy, Windows is not. Can this notification bar be turned off? Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.804 174328
  4. Black bar on the right side of the screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black bar on the right side of the screen: I just loaded up my new PC yesterday and I have a 1600 x 900 monitor and I have the setting on 1600 x 900 to fit it yet it's still going off to the side. I've done everything I can think off and it still hasn't worked at all....
  5. Screen goes black after playing online videos in full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black after playing online videos in full screen: I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 with Windows 10. My laptop has started going black a couple of seconds after putting an online video full screen on Google Chrome. My screen brightness is on the lowest setting and the keyboard is unlit. Every time it takes me to the...
  6. task bar on right side, not bottom of screen

task bar on right side, not bottom of screen: OK, recent "upgrades" moved the task bar to the side. Tried to get used to it, but requires more clicks, is a hassle for me. Called MS support, agent came onto my computer, put task bar back to bottom. Tried to follow what he did, could not duplicate. I said, will it stay...
  7. Right side of screen

Right side of screen: So when i load My games from windows 10 . Then i click the right side of the screen it brings me back to windows. It also not just one game its all of them. Ive been trying to work out if theres some boarder system that i need to turn off. Can anyone help me workout where I’m...
  8. display all videos play in black and white

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    display all videos play in black and white: how do I get my color back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/display-all-videos-play-in-black-and-white/40b1e819-df2f-48a4-85d8-193b4b6031c1
  9. black screen on right side of opening page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    black screen on right side of opening page: We need to fix your Microsoft account(most likely your password has changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experience settings.9.09a...
  10. Black Bars on side of Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black Bars on side of Monitor: Hello everyone, I can't go a resolution higher than 1024 x 768 my graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 3450 CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz please help, thanks! 98811