Windows 10: Black bar on top of screen with random applications Windows 10

Discus and support Black bar on top of screen with random applications Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am having the following issue appear randomly with random applications when I maximize the window. First it happened with CLion, where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by szybalint, Mar 27, 2020.

1. szybalint Win User

Black bar on top of screen with random applications Windows 10

Hi,

I am having the following issue appear randomly with random applications when I maximize the window. First it happened with CLion, where I thought it was a bug in the program itself. But it would only go away after I restarted my PC. And now it happened in Chrome, same thing. Doesn't go away by closing Chrome and reopening it. I can not interact with buttons behind the black bar but I can see my cursor over it and drag other windows there, even maximize anything else and it works just fine. Never seen anything like it. What could be the issue?

Oh and on my second monitor Chrome works fine still. No black bar there. Both 1080p, the second the laptop monitor is 120hz and the main is 60.

Black bar on top of screen with random applications Windows 10 834e6816-9b3d-4916-adc5-c6f35a2c9c77?upload=true.png

:)

szybalint, Mar 27, 2020

2. Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Mar 27, 2020
  3. ppomplun Win User
    Black Bar top

I am having an issue, I have a W10 machine where the default resolution is 2560 x 1600 but when I go to 1920 x1080 this happens:

Black bar on top of screen with random applications Windows 10 [​IMG]

A black bar is across the top and blocks any view, any ideas?

ppomplun, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Clark Ari Win User

random rebooting with sudden black screens

Hi József,

A black screen error likely occurs due to a corrupted driver or user profile. Other factors that can cause the issue are software conflicts and overheating. As an initial troubleshooting regarding your black screen issue, we suggest performing the
    recommended steps provided on this link. Under "Troubleshoot
    black screen or blank screen errors"
    , select the option that's applicable to you.

Please post back with the result.

Clark Ari, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Black bar on top of screen with random applications Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Black bar top

2. Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications?: Whenever i use a full screen app, any browser, video game or something else, the game bar becomes black, so does the cursor and the volume bar as well. this has been happening for a quite a while now and didnt go away with updates. my graphics drivers are up to date. i...
  3. Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar, volume bar, brightness control all randomly going black in full screen applications?: Whenever i use a full screen app, any browser, video game or something else, the game bar becomes black, so does the cursor and the volume bar as well. this has been happening for a quite a while now and didnt go away with updates. my graphics drivers are up to date. i...
  4. Black bar on top of screen when starting games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black bar on top of screen when starting games: Every time i start a game no matter what game is, it shows this huge black bar on top of the screen. I have all the drivers up to date and today is the first time i've seen this happen. It goes away after some time 10-15 secThe game is on my native resolution of 1366x768 and...
  5. Black bar at top of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black bar at top of screen: In the first image I have rotated the screen by 180 degrees where as in the second image it's the default way I guess so that it is a physical hardware issue rather than a software issue please someone help me it's about 3 millimetre at the top it's complete black and when I...
  6. Random black flicker top of screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random black flicker top of screen: Hi, I am currently using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and sometimes I get a screen flicker on the top of my screen. It uses flicker a black bar really fast and it does this random. My system has a Nvidia 1660 Super (MSI Geforce 1660 Super OC XS) and 2 screens connected, 1 HDM and...
  7. a black bar on top of my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    a black bar on top of my screen: hey there, [ATTACH]any ideas on how to hide this black bar?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-black-bar-on-top-of-my-screen/2e9cfcce-6a8a-47b3-9130-77c484f5d8da
  8. Random Search Bar at the Top of My Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Search Bar at the Top of My Screen: Hi! Well... I have some random search bar from RANDOM website! I don't know where does it comes from. Well, let me tell you the story my sister was using my laptop and she was downloading some random files randomly well like free games? I guess.. well then she...
  9. Black bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black bar at the top of screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedsRepublic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gg0ef6/black_bar_at_the_top_of_screen/
  10. Black Bar top

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Bar top: I am having an issue, I have a W10 machine where the default resolution is 2560 x 1600 but when I go to 1920 x1080 this happens: [img] A black bar is across the top and blocks any view, any ideas? 47307