Windows 10: black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen

Discus and support black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When my monitor refresh rate is set to 60, the black bar's height is lower but it still exists. When my monitor's refresh rate is 144Hz. It covers half... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jyovan, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Jyovan Win User

black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen

When my monitor refresh rate is set to 60, the black bar's height is lower but it still exists. When my monitor's refresh rate is 144Hz. It covers half the taskbar, yet when my laptop is hot, the black bar's height is lower. when I turn on the AC in my room, the black bar covers half my screen and sometimes half the screen stays in 1 frame and doesn't update. Please help if you even understand what I'm saying

:)

Jyovan, Jul 31, 2022
  2. TomBrody Win User

Problem with BLACK BAR covering bottom third of screen

A week ago on about March 14, 2016, Windows 10 automatically downloaded on my computer. The result is that Windows 10 damaged many of the features of my computer. I have managed to find a work-around to some of the damage that was caused by Windows 10,
    but not the problem of the black horizontal bar. The black horizontal bar covers bottom third of my screen. A black horizontal bar about one inch tall resided at the bottom of the screen, shortly after Windows 10 installed itself. Then, I manually lifted
    up the bar, using the mouse. But now I cannot make the black bar go down again. Truly, this is preventing me from doing my daytime job. The black bar that covers the lower third of my screen is about five inches tall. This is a severe problem.

TomBrody, Jul 31, 2022
  3. FreeBooter, Jul 31, 2022
  4. black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen

Black bar across the bottom of screen

So I have a slight issue regarding my desktop in Windows 10. When I first booted up the Pc once 10 was installed there was a small 2cm-ish black bar across the bottom of my screen, no matter what page I had open, full screen or not there is a black bar
    across the bottom. It effectively cuts the taskbar in half. However the different shortcuts still work if I place my mouse inside of the black bar. I cannot for some reason change the resolution of my screen. If anyone has any idea why this is occurring and
    how to solve this issue I would appreciate the help.

TimothyBender, Jul 31, 2022
Thema:

black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen

1. black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen - Similar Threads - black bars covering

2. Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.: My screen has been like this for a while, but i didn't think much of it since it started out small and it didn't bother me because it was only blocking a very small portion of the bottom of the screen, I was able to click the start button and search and use my taskbar fine...
  3. Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black bar covering bottom of screen/taskbar.: My screen has been like this for a while, but i didn't think much of it since it started out small and it didn't bother me because it was only blocking a very small portion of the bottom of the screen, I was able to click the start button and search and use my taskbar fine...
  4. How to fix horizontal black line appear that covered almost half of my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix horizontal black line appear that covered almost half of my screen?: Hi all, I'm using an Asus TUF gaming F15, few days ago there was a thin small distortion line on my screen when I opened youtube. Then few days after the lines become more severe and covered almost half of my screen. It only appears when I plugged in the charger. When I Try...
  5. How to fix horizontal black line appear that covered almost half of my screen?

How to fix horizontal black line appear that covered almost half of my screen?: Hi all, I'm using an Asus TUF gaming F15, few days ago there was a thin small distortion line on my screen when I opened youtube. Then few days after the lines become more severe and covered almost half of my screen. It only appears when I plugged in the charger. When I Try...
  6. Monitor has black bar covering half the taskbar upon boot/waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor has black bar covering half the taskbar upon boot/waking from sleep.: So essentially what happens is on booting my pc or when i wake up the screen from sleep mode I get this black bar which covers half the taskbar, over the span of 20-30 minutes it slowly fades away but if I leave my pc and wake it from sleep it is right back to covering half...
  7. Monitor has black bar covering half the taskbar upon boot/waking from sleep.

Monitor has black bar covering half the taskbar upon boot/waking from sleep.: So essentially what happens is on booting my pc or when i wake up the screen from sleep mode I get this black bar which covers half the taskbar, over the span of 20-30 minutes it slowly fades away but if I leave my pc and wake it from sleep it is right back to covering half...
  8. black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen: When my monitor refresh rate is set to 60, the black bar's height is lower but it still exists. When my monitor's refresh rate is 144Hz. It covers half the taskbar, yet when my laptop is hot, the black bar's height is lower. when I turn on the AC in my room, the black bar...
  9. Half of the Cortana Search is covered.

in Cortana
    Half of the Cortana Search is covered.: When I open cortana and search for something, a gray bar covers most of the search box. This only happens randomly. Any idea why this happens?[ATTACH]...
  10. Strange Black Bars Covering Numerical Information

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Black Bars Covering Numerical Information: Following the installation of the latest W10 system update, I am having a weird issue. Update was made in order to get MSoft Ad Blocker. Issue started a couple days after the update. This does not happen with any web browser content, with 3 different browsers tried. It...