Windows 10: Black / Blank screen on boot up, no wireless mouse or keyboard functions

Discus and support Black / Blank screen on boot up, no wireless mouse or keyboard functions in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Running windows 10 - 1903 As of yesterday, we believe after an update, PC boots to a black screen AND has no wireless mouse or keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ronnie_T, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Ronnie_T Win User

Black / Blank screen on boot up, no wireless mouse or keyboard functions

Running windows 10 - 1903

As of yesterday, we believe after an update, PC boots to a black screen AND has no wireless mouse or keyboard functionality.

Have checked cords, changed cords, checked the monitor source AND changed the monitor. No change. The monitor light is yellow and will display a message, if engaged manually, that we only need to touch any keyboard key or move the mouse. So the monitor seems to think the system is just sleeping. I think.

Have also checked wireless device batteries and tried to get the system to recognize as new devices and reinstall. No luck.

Also, while the PC starts up and is running, I don't hear windows come up.

Currently, waiting to borrow a wired keyboard and mouse, with the hope of finding a way in.

Any thoughts?

No mouse or keyboard ALONG WITH no display is more than I've encountered in the past.

Appreciate your thoughts and help on this.

:)

Ronnie_T, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Ronnie_T Win User

Running windows 10 - 1903

As of yesterday, we believe after an update, PC boots to a black screen AND has no wireless mouse or keyboard functionality.

Have checked cords, changed cords, checked the monitor source AND changed the monitor. No change. The monitor light is yellow and will display a message, if engaged manually, that we only need to touch any keyboard key or move the mouse. So the monitor seems
    to think the system is just sleeping. I think.

Have also checked wireless device batteries and tried to get the system to recognize as new devices and reinstall. No luck.

Also, while the PC starts up and is running, I don't hear windows come up.

Currently, waiting to borrow a wired keyboard and mouse, with the hope of finding a way in.

Any thoughts?

No mouse or keyboard ALONG WITH no display is more than I've encountered in the past.

Appreciate your thoughts and help on this.

Ronnie_T, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Microsoft Wireless mouse and keyboard lag in Windows 10

Hi Bob,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have clarity on this issue and guide you accordingly, kindly help us with the following information.

• What is the exact model number of your wireless mouse and keyboard?

This usually happens if there’s a signal interference. If you’re using a Wi-Fi router, you may want to move it away from the keyboard/mouse receiver to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the troubleshooting methods listed in the following articles and see if it works.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Honey Win User

Budget wireless keyboard and mouse for gaming? (INR)

hi, i searched lot, but cant find any wireless keyboard and mouse, there are so cheap things available, dont wana do mistake,
    can anyone suggest me, any budget wireless gaming keyboard and mouse which available in india?
    please help me.

Honey, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Black / Blank screen on boot up, no wireless mouse or keyboard functions - Similar Threads - Black Blank screen

2. Black screen with mouse on boot up W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with mouse on boot up W11: Hello, when ı open my PC its really slow and it boots up into a temporary blackscreen with only mice visible, Sometimes it shows something has crashed in the top corner of the screen but it goes away too fast ı cant catch what it is, Even after the black screen has gone away...
  3. Black screen with mouse on boot up W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with mouse on boot up W11: Hello, when ı open my PC its really slow and it boots up into a temporary blackscreen with only mice visible, Sometimes it shows something has crashed in the top corner of the screen but it goes away too fast ı cant catch what it is, Even after the black screen has gone away...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not functioning: Hi! I'm using an ASUS desktop that was dual booted with Ubuntu and Windows 7. On Windows 7, the keyboard was functioning but the mouse wasn't - so I downloaded the Remote Mouse app. As long as the app is launched, I can connect to the pc over WiFi and use my phone as a...
  5. Keyboard and mouse not functioning

Keyboard and mouse not functioning: Hi! I'm using an ASUS desktop that was dual booted with Ubuntu and Windows 7. On Windows 7, the keyboard was functioning but the mouse wasn't - so I downloaded the Remote Mouse app. As long as the app is launched, I can connect to the pc over WiFi and use my phone as a...
  6. Keyboard and mouse not functioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank: My computer was working fine a few days ago but I restarted it and now when I turn it on its just a black screen. It is not an issue with the cables or my monitor, I can even get my mouse to appear on the screen. I have tried to clean the ram and switch it around. I have also...
  8. my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank

my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank: My computer was working fine a few days ago but I restarted it and now when I turn it on its just a black screen. It is not an issue with the cables or my monitor, I can even get my mouse to appear on the screen. I have tried to clean the ram and switch it around. I have also...
  9. my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Problem with Wireless Mouse on Boot Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Wireless Mouse on Boot Screen: I am currently on Insider Build 20211. Every since Build 20197 my wireless mouse has quit working on the boot screen. I am able to navigate that screen with a wireless keyboard and therefore can get to lock screen. Once I get to the lock screen the mouse starts working again....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen and no keyboard functions