Windows 10: Black boot screen staying up too long on Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Black boot screen staying up too long on Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is on my desktop that I built about 5 years ago. MB: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, Processor: AMD FX-8350, Ram: 32 GB DDR 3, C: 2 PNY 240 GB SSD's in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by donyms, Jan 12, 2019.

1. donyms Win User

Black boot screen staying up too long on Windows 10 Pro

This is on my desktop that I built about 5 years ago. MB: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, Processor: AMD FX-8350, Ram: 32 GB DDR 3, C: 2 PNY 240 GB SSD's in UEFI, raid 0, Windows 10 Pro X64.
    As stated above, I built this PC about 5 years ago and it has been a great Desktop. I was running 2 OCZ Vertex 3 240 GB SSD's in raid 0 for my C: drive from day one. I was not having any problems but I was beginning to be concerned about the ageing C: drives and wanted to replace them as a precaution. Since replacing them, everything is great and overall they are much faster, including Windows start up. My issue is this: The Asus black screen that comes up before loading Windows is staying on much longer than before. With the old drives, this screen was up for about 10 seconds before Windows would begin to load. Now it stays up 20 seconds. Once Windows starts loading, it is very fast, 20 seconds.
    So, I push the power button on the PC, it takes 10seconds for the Asus screen to come up, 20 seconds for the Asus screen to finish and then 20 seconds for Windows to load completely.
    I am very happy with Windows loading in 20 seconds but I would like to speed up that Asus screen if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks Black boot screen staying up too long on Windows 10 Pro :)

:)

donyms, Jan 12, 2019
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Screen stays black after opening lid

Hi Linda,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the device with black screen once you wake up the system. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you able to boot the device to desktop with black screen from sleep mode?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers on your computer.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa
    on August 7, 2015 and check if it helps you to resolve the issue.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

If you are not able to boot the device to lock screen refer to: Blank or black screen before sign-in

If you are able to access/ boot the device to lock screen and then black screen issue occurs refer to:

Black screen after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor

Try the troubleshooting steps mentioned accordingly.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 12, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Black boot screen staying up too long on Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Black boot screen

2. Windows 10 stays on the black screen too long before asking for credentials when turning on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 stays on the black screen too long before asking for credentials when turning on.: My laptop is Windows 10 Home, and I remember that when I bought it, when I pressed the power button, it showed a lighted black screen for like 2 seconds and then asked for credentials. I'm not sure when this started happening, but now when I press the power button, the...
  3. Windows 10 stays on the black screen too long before asking for credentials when turning on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stays on the black screen too long before asking for credentials when turning on.: My laptop is Windows 10 Home, and I remember that when I bought it, when I pressed the power button, it showed a lighted black screen for like 2 seconds and then asked for credentials. I'm not sure when this started happening, but now when I press the power button, the...
  4. Windows 10 stays on the black screen too long before asking for credentials when turning on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Long Black screen before boot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long Black screen before boot in Windows 10: Hi, whenever I power on my computer, there is a long black screen that lasts around 20 seconds before it cuts to the HP logo and the spinning wheel thingy below it. It slows down the startup speed quite a bit. I have tried updating my graphics drivers, scanning for viruses,...
  6. Keyboard takes too long to boot up in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard takes too long to boot up in Windows 10: I recently had to purchase a new SSD for my C:\ drive and reinstall windows 10. It seems that almost every time I boot up my PC the keyboard sometimes takes about two minutes to activate. The keyboard is USB wired. My mouse, which is usb wireless, works immediately upon...
  7. Very long boot and black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Very long boot and black screen: So recently I have been getting very long boot times, not sure how long as after 20 mins I get bored and walk off. After silly amount of time trying to boot it comes to a black screen with a mouse curser. Ctrl + alt + del does not work but I found pressing start + r and...
  8. Long Black Screen before Boot

Long Black Screen before Boot: Excellent. Yes Brink's tutorial provide a lot of information.
  9. long boot time with black screen

long boot time with black screen: my asus laptop k53br taking long time during boot up. I have dual graphic card installed amd redeon hd 6310 and amd redeon 7400. During boot up after showing logo black sceen splashes it remain black for 2 mintues. windows 10 auto install drivers. I have tried amd autocheck...
  10. Windows 10 taking too long to boot

Windows 10 taking too long to boot: I know there are several threads by this name, but my problem, as far as I know, is quite peculiar and I haven't seen anything similar to this in any thread. Yesterday I did a clean install (actually I wiped the whole hard drive and converted it to MBR since it was in GPT and...