Windows 10: Black border all around monitor

Discus and support Black border all around monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 pro. And I'm having black border all around my screen. I know that I need to get to Catalyst... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Martleo, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Martleo Win User

Black border all around monitor

Hi there,

I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 pro.

And I'm having black border all around my screen.

I know that I need to get to Catalyst control to fix it but I don't have the right driver to do that.

Can you help me get the right driver?

Dell Studio XPS 435T

ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 series

Thanks and appreciate,

Martin

:)

Martleo, Mar 18, 2019

2. black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 18, 2019
  3. TeamK5 Win User
    Black border around monitor

I tried the steps you suggested and it did not change anything regarding the black border. I am trying to come up with a better explanation, the information on my screen has a black frame around the information on my screen. The display does not go from
    corner to corner of my display monitor. There is a 1 inch thick black bar on the left and right sides and a 1/2 inch thick black bar on the top and bottom. I attached the screen shot per your request but it is only showing the information on the screen up
    to the black frame. I can get rid of the black frame by going to a lower resolution but I didn't think that is the right solution. I should be able to upgrade to windows 10 and still have the recommended resolution for my monitor.
    Black border all around monitor c42c231f-af15-4761-9ce5-5f55905843b8.png

TeamK5, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Black borders on screen

Hi Lyn,

It is true that the challenges that you’re having with the black borders on your computer screen might be related to the Display Settings of your monitor just like what DaveM121 was suggesting. To better assist you with your concern, we need you to answer
    the following questions:

• Which type of display cable are you using? ( VGA, DVI, HDMI cable).
    • Were you able to update your display adapter drivers?
    Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Black border all around monitor - Similar Threads - Black border around

2. The borders around all windows are too small.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The borders around all windows are too small.: The borders around all windows are too small. Old windows like 7 used to have resizers for everything. It was a dis-service to remove all of that! Is there any way to expand the borders of windows in win 10? They are like 1 pixel wide! I can hardly grab a window border....
  3. The borders around all windows are too small.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The borders around all windows are too small.: The borders around all windows are too small. Old windows like 7 used to have resizers for everything. It was a dis-service to remove all of that! Is there any way to expand the borders of windows in win 10? They are like 1 pixel wide! I can hardly grab a window border....
  4. Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black border Around Focus/Selected Items: Hi,Is there a way to remove or disable the black border? I tried disabling the narrator but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-around-focusselected-items/8330daa6-d36f-4c4b-a182-d877b616adbd
  5. Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black border Around Focus/Selected Items: Hi,Is there a way to remove or disable the black border? I tried disabling the narrator but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-around-focusselected-items/8330daa6-d36f-4c4b-a182-d877b616adbd
  6. Show borders all around each window

Show borders all around each window: Hello Is there a way to show the border all the way around windows? For example, since using Office 2013 I notice there is no solid edge to the windows Word is impossible to tell apart from other windows, same for Teams. As there is no edge there is no distinction between...
  7. Black border around my monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black border around my monitors: i have black borders around both of my monitors, saw it abaout a week ago. Tried fixing it by looking at websites and stuff but found nothing that helped, it doesnt bother me but i want it gone, and i cant put my mouse on the black bar so i cant take a screenshot...
  8. Immersive search with a black border around it

in Cortana
    Immersive search with a black border around it: I've enabled immersive search via regedit, but it have a weird black border around it, did I do something wrong or is it the problem of 1809. I'm able to make it function normally in a previous version of windows 10. [ATTACH]...
  9. Black border around monitor

Black border around monitor: I'm running Intel HD graphics on a Acer inspire 15.6", upon restart my monitor, 1366x768 aspect ratio, has two inch black bars on each side of the display and 1 inch black bars on the bottom and top. My drivers are updated and I know this is called a shrinked monitor but I...
  10. Black borders on all sides

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black borders on all sides: Have a 21.5 " Acer monitor with an old AMD Radeon 3450 HD There are black borders on the display. Icons oval,also pic distorted On display settings the max. res. seen is 1280 although the monitor is full HD 67563