Windows 10: Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

Discus and support Black border Around Focus/Selected Items in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,Is there a way to remove or disable the black border? I tried disabling the narrator but it doesn't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lim Cai, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Lim Cai Win User

Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

Hi,Is there a way to remove or disable the black border? I tried disabling the narrator but it doesn't work.

:)

Lim Cai, Nov 17, 2021

2. black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 17, 2021
  3. black border

I only turned my pc on. then plugged in my Clickfree to backup my files. Have no idea if there were updates.

AdeleMcLennan, Nov 17, 2021
  4. Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

That one focus border.

Hello,

I'm sorry to bother everyone about this issue that has been discussed so many times before, but I tried looking around and I wasn't able to find any proper solution.

So there's this issue with the focus border appearing on unfocused items in explorer, for example desktop icons

Black border Around Focus/Selected Items [​IMG]

Explorer icons

On desktop, it's much more annoying because focused icons show full names, and so you always have this one annoying icon sticking out

Granted, it only happens if the desktop is in focus (or explorer window), but it usually doesn't happen, only in a few rare instances in Windows 7 and 10.

The most common "fixes" I've seen are refreshing the desktop (doesn't work, because as soon as desktop is in focus, that exact same icon gets the border treatment again), clicking away from the icon (how do people not realize this isn't the usual focus selection), this.. thing, hiding desktop icons, deleting System32, not using Windows ever again, etc.

Don't get me wrong, that border is definitely useful if you're only using your keyboard, and you have no idea what icon have you selected last time, but Windows should be smart enough to realize that clicking, with your mouse, means that you don't intend to use keyboard for navigation.

So, what I want to know is how to hide that border, without restarting, and make sure it doesn't show up again.
    I don't want to just restart my system, because that would just delay the inevitable.. I know that annoying guy will show up again, stronger than ever.

Thanks in advance

araghon007, Nov 17, 2021
Thema:

Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

1. Black border Around Focus/Selected Items - Similar Threads - Black border Around

2. Border around selected / focus area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Border around selected / focus area: Hi,Is there a way to disable the border around it? I tired to disable "Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys" in Control Panel but it still doesn't work.Any solutions?...
  3. Border around selected / focus area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Border around selected / focus area: Hi,Is there a way to disable the border around it? I tired to disable "Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys" in Control Panel but it still doesn't work.Any solutions?...
  4. Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black border Around Focus/Selected Items: Hi,Is there a way to remove or disable the black border? I tried disabling the narrator but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-around-focusselected-items/8330daa6-d36f-4c4b-a182-d877b616adbd
  5. Black border around my monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black border around my monitors: i have black borders around both of my monitors, saw it abaout a week ago. Tried fixing it by looking at websites and stuff but found nothing that helped, it doesnt bother me but i want it gone, and i cant put my mouse on the black bar so i cant take a screenshot...
  6. Black border all around monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black border all around monitor: Hi there, I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 pro. And I'm having black border all around my screen. I know that I need to get to Catalyst control to fix it but I don't have the right driver to do that. Can you help me get the right driver? Dell Studio XPS 435T...
  7. Immersive search with a black border around it

in Cortana
    Immersive search with a black border around it: I've enabled immersive search via regedit, but it have a weird black border around it, did I do something wrong or is it the problem of 1809. I'm able to make it function normally in a previous version of windows 10. [ATTACH]...
  8. Focus rectangle so thick (border-dotted) around selected thing

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus rectangle so thick (border-dotted) around selected thing: [img] [img] how to make it thin, so annoying Thank in advance 120363
  9. Black border around monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black border around monitor: I'm running Intel HD graphics on a Acer inspire 15.6", upon restart my monitor, 1366x768 aspect ratio, has two inch black bars on each side of the display and 1 inch black bars on the bottom and top. My drivers are updated and I know this is called a shrinked monitor but I...
  10. border around items in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    border around items in the taskbar: I have Windows 10 and I have Classic Shell installed. I like my taskbar items to be Uncombined, Showing labels. But no matter what settings I try, my taskbar no longer displays items with a border. If you see my screenshot, you'll see the items on my taskbar are...