Windows 10: BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN

Discus and support BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi A black border has appeared at the left edge of my screen. It has done this before and usually turning the PC off and on again would solve the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Abbi82, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Abbi82 Win User

BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN

Hi

A black border has appeared at the left edge of my screen. It has done this before and usually turning the PC off and on again would solve the problem. however this time it refuses to leave.

I have fiddled about with the display settings and it did nothing. I also attempted a system reset and still it is there.

Please help, it's driving me crazy!

:)

Abbi82, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Black borders on screen

Hi Lyn,

It is true that the challenges that you’re having with the black borders on your computer screen might be related to the Display Settings of your monitor just like what DaveM121 was suggesting. To better assist you with your concern, we need you to answer
    the following questions:

• Which type of display cable are you using? ( VGA, DVI, HDMI cable).
    • Were you able to update your display adapter drivers?
    Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Sep 24, 2019
  3. black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 24, 2019
  4. BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN

black border

I only turned my pc on. then plugged in my Clickfree to backup my files. Have no idea if there were updates.

AdeleMcLennan, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN

1. BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN - Similar Threads - BLACK BORDER LEFT

2. How to resolve black border arround the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve black border arround the screen: I don't have any graphic card, only using the iGPU of a new Intel CPU. Windows resolution is the same as display resolution 3840x2160. The black border appears left, upper and right. Changing resolution I can only make it smaller, not bigger with Windows display settings. I...
  3. How to resolve black border arround the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve black border arround the screen: I don't have any graphic card, only using the iGPU of a new Intel CPU. Windows resolution is the same as display resolution 3840x2160. The black border appears left, upper and right. Changing resolution I can only make it smaller, not bigger with Windows display settings. I...
  4. Black borders look weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black borders look weird: Hi, so I recently started to notice something weird with my black borders. Sometimes when I watch something like youtube or netflix my borders start to turn purple or like weird cubes. I added a picture to maybe clear up the issue. Any ideas please let me know.Thanks,Dim van...
  5. Black Border

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Border: I have a black border around my screen after doing a windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border/600e48a6-1d31-460e-bd06-ac6c1e615e5f
  6. Getting Dark Black Border on Laptop Screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting Dark Black Border on Laptop Screen.: Hi Microsoft Team, I am today getting Dark Black Border on My Windows 10 Laptop Sceen. I did Trouble Shooting steps as well like Search - CMD (Run as Administrator) "sfc /scannow" & completed the process & shown message noting found. Still this did not resolve the issue....
  7. White Border on Left of Desktop Screen

White Border on Left of Desktop Screen: A white color border is visible on left of my screen which is not fixing even after restarting or killing the desktop app. It overlaps over anything that i open on my my desktop. Please see screanshots for clearance. [IMG]...
  8. At display's right and left sides are black borders and usable screen has got smaller

At display's right and left sides are black borders and usable screen has got smaller: My computer's display just shrunk! At right and left sides are black borders and screen has got smaller! How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/at-displays-right-and-left-sides-are-black-borders/89ba62e0-42f7-424e-a1e2-08229f5a98ca
  9. Window Border Shadows Left on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Border Shadows Left on Desktop: I keep seeing some windows border shadows stuck on my desktop when resuming from sleep. I attached a screenshot of it. Any idea what may be going on or how to remove them? Thanks! b 82851
  10. Black Border

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Border: I have a vertical black border on both sides of the display only while gaming and no fix has worked. Help plz...also msfs runs screwy too. Every time I click on something, I have to minimize and then click on "X" then allows the change. Scaling options changed nothing. 71425