Windows 10: Black border or bar on Monitor in Windows 10 or Surface device

Discus and support Black border or bar on Monitor in Windows 10 or Surface device in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] If you have started seeing a black border around your computer display then maybe you are wondering why this has happened and what you can do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 30, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Black border or bar on Monitor in Windows 10 or Surface device

WinClub, Nov 30, 2018
  2. TeamK5 Win User

Black border around monitor

I tried the steps you suggested and it did not change anything regarding the black border. I am trying to come up with a better explanation, the information on my screen has a black frame around the information on my screen. The display does not go from
    corner to corner of my display monitor. There is a 1 inch thick black bar on the left and right sides and a 1/2 inch thick black bar on the top and bottom. I attached the screen shot per your request but it is only showing the information on the screen up
    to the black frame. I can get rid of the black frame by going to a lower resolution but I didn't think that is the right solution. I should be able to upgrade to windows 10 and still have the recommended resolution for my monitor.
    Black border or bar on Monitor in Windows 10 or Surface device c42c231f-af15-4761-9ce5-5f55905843b8.png

TeamK5, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Black border on my monitor

After an update for window 10 last week, my monitor now have a black border and my icons are large. I tried everything from update the display drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled them and still no resolutions. I also change the display resolutions to minimize
    the icons but the border still there. How can I fix this problem? My display adapter ATI Randeon HD 3200 Graphic & my monitor HP 2711x LED Backlit LCD.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & driver]

RohanMcPherson, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Black border or bar on Monitor in Windows 10 or Surface device

black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Black border or bar on Monitor in Windows 10 or Surface device

1. Black border or bar on Monitor in Windows 10 or Surface device - Similar Threads - Black border bar

2. Black Border

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Border: I have a black border around my screen after doing a windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border/600e48a6-1d31-460e-bd06-ac6c1e615e5f
  3. Black border around my monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black border around my monitors: i have black borders around both of my monitors, saw it abaout a week ago. Tried fixing it by looking at websites and stuff but found nothing that helped, it doesnt bother me but i want it gone, and i cant put my mouse on the black bar so i cant take a screenshot...
  4. Black border all around monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black border all around monitor: Hi there, I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 pro. And I'm having black border all around my screen. I know that I need to get to Catalyst control to fix it but I don't have the right driver to do that. Can you help me get the right driver? Dell Studio XPS 435T...
  5. border on monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    border on monitor: I have 2 monitors that are working. the Left monitor has a 2 inch border on the right side. the resolution is 1440x900. If use the recommended 1600x 900resolution the windows icon disappears from the right side of the screen....
  6. Black border around monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black border around monitor: I'm running Intel HD graphics on a Acer inspire 15.6", upon restart my monitor, 1366x768 aspect ratio, has two inch black bars on each side of the display and 1 inch black bars on the bottom and top. My drivers are updated and I know this is called a shrinked monitor but I...
  7. Black bar in monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black bar in monitor: Hi there. I have a strange issue. I installed W10 recently and everything works fine now. However, I found something pretty strange in my screen monitor. The problem is last horizontal lines are in pure black — just as if there wasn't anything. For example, when you...
  8. Black Bars on side of Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black Bars on side of Monitor: Hello everyone, I can't go a resolution higher than 1024 x 768 my graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 3450 CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz please help, thanks! 98811
  9. How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove monitor's black borders after installing win 10: After win10's installation my external monitor has black borders. This was happening also with win7 after installation. with catalyst control center [which I cannot open anymore in win 10 :-(...as I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD4670 which is not supported] I could...
  10. Black Border

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Border: I have a vertical black border on both sides of the display only while gaming and no fix has worked. Help plz...also msfs runs screwy too. Every time I click on something, I have to minimize and then click on "X" then allows the change. Scaling options changed nothing. 71425