Windows 10: Black Border

Discus and support Black Border in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a vertical black border on both sides of the display only while gaming and no fix has worked. Help plz...also msfs runs screwy too. Every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Diogenese, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Diogenese Win User

Black Border

I have a vertical black border on both sides of the display only while gaming and no fix has worked. Help plz...also msfs runs screwy too. Every time I click on something, I have to minimize and then click on "X" then allows the change. Scaling options changed nothing.

:)

Diogenese, Dec 2, 2016

2. The Pictures on my Home Page are partially cut off by a Black Border

Old title; Black Border

The Pictures on my Home Page are partially cut off by a Black Border as well as the background for the print it to is blacked out, is their a fix for this?

Bbillyjazz, Dec 2, 2016
  3. Bugs in Windows 10 update KB4055254 (update to 1703)

After this update, KB4055254, was installed 24th November I restarted my PC and then found that my screen had a fairly wide black border! I uninstalled the update buT I have still lost part of my screen due to the black border!

Help!!!!

Alan

Alan Broadfoot, Dec 2, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Black Border

Learn how to set the software that controls your GPU for overscan, etc. If on a large flatscreen, it is only doing what it is being told by the GPU software on your computer.

bro67, Dec 2, 2016
  5. Diogenese Win User
    ok, ty for your response. It used to, months ago, be correct but changed I assume with an "update" just like how we lost our bass response with an "update" that I havent been able to cure either. I think most people have no problem with 10 but me?...I have had nothing but problems with it ever since day one. 2 years now.

Diogenese, Dec 2, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    There is no need to post more then one thread about the same problem. Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    If your settings have changed from a Windows/Driver update, you can always go to Device Manager, right click the Device/Properties/Driver/Roll Back Driver to the driver that was working. Or you can do a System Restore to a time when this was working.

spunk, Dec 2, 2016
  7. Diogenese Win User
    Doesnt the driver just get re downloaded and reinstalled in the next update?

Diogenese, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Black Border

1. Black Border - Similar Threads - Black Border

2. Transparent black border keeps showing up behind inactive windows in Window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transparent black border keeps showing up behind inactive windows in Window 11: Was using File Explorer last night and noticed this black border kept showing up anytime I selected a different window. Not sure what's causing this, but now it's showing up on every almost every window except whichever window I have active at that moment. Have tried...
  3. Transparent black border keeps showing up behind inactive windows in Window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transparent black border keeps showing up behind inactive windows in Window 11: Was using File Explorer last night and noticed this black border kept showing up anytime I selected a different window. Not sure what's causing this, but now it's showing up on every almost every window except whichever window I have active at that moment. Have tried...
  4. My computer’s wallpaper has black borders. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer’s wallpaper has black borders. How do I get rid of this?: One day I turned on my computers and started seeing black bars on the wallpaper. I can move my mouse and do everything normally but my wallpaper has black bars on each side. I have a 3090ti and a ryzen 9 and I am running windows 10. I am able to use my mouse in these black...
  5. My computer’s wallpaper has black borders. How do I get rid of this?

My computer’s wallpaper has black borders. How do I get rid of this?: One day I turned on my computers and started seeing black bars on the wallpaper. I can move my mouse and do everything normally but my wallpaper has black bars on each side. I have a 3090ti and a ryzen 9 and I am running windows 10. I am able to use my mouse in these black...
  6. My computer’s wallpaper has black borders. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Black border on all windows and fields

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black border on all windows and fields: I'm getting black border on all the windows and fields. How to resolve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-on-all-windows-and-fields/7693ac77-3162-4ce0-a874-4f386ca950be
  8. Black border on all windows and fields

Black border on all windows and fields: I'm getting black border on all the windows and fields. How to resolve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-on-all-windows-and-fields/7693ac77-3162-4ce0-a874-4f386ca950be
  9. How to resolve black border arround the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve black border arround the screen: I don't have any graphic card, only using the iGPU of a new Intel CPU. Windows resolution is the same as display resolution 3840x2160. The black border appears left, upper and right. Changing resolution I can only make it smaller, not bigger with Windows display settings. I...
  10. How to resolve black border arround the screen

How to resolve black border arround the screen: I don't have any graphic card, only using the iGPU of a new Intel CPU. Windows resolution is the same as display resolution 3840x2160. The black border appears left, upper and right. Changing resolution I can only make it smaller, not bigger with Windows display settings. I...