Windows 10: Black Border

Discus and support Black Border in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a black border around my screen after doing a windows update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stewzykins, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Black Border

I have a black border around my screen after doing a windows update

:)

Stewzykins, Mar 26, 2021

2. black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 26, 2021
  3. black border

I only turned my pc on. then plugged in my Clickfree to backup my files. Have no idea if there were updates.

AdeleMcLennan, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Black Border

HOW TO REMOVE LARGE BLACK BORDER FROM DISPLAY?

Hi,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern with the large black border and missing Control Panel from its usual spot. For better assistance, please clarify the following information:

• How are you accessing Control Panel now?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the large black border that you are currently seeing?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

Black Border

1. Black Border - Similar Threads - Black Border

2. 1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom: I have a 2 monitor setup. One is in 1366 x 768 and other in 1440 x 900 which is my main monitor. When I installed Ubuntu I saw that 1600x900 is the maximum resolution in my main monitor but when I put that resolution in windows the display shrinks and shifts towards left....
  3. 1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom: I have a 2 monitor setup. One is in 1366 x 768 and other in 1440 x 900 which is my main monitor. When I installed Ubuntu I saw that 1600x900 is the maximum resolution in my main monitor but when I put that resolution in windows the display shrinks and shifts towards left....
  4. 1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black border Around Focus/Selected Items: Hi,Is there a way to remove or disable the black border? I tried disabling the narrator but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-around-focusselected-items/8330daa6-d36f-4c4b-a182-d877b616adbd
  6. Black border Around Focus/Selected Items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black border Around Focus/Selected Items: Hi,Is there a way to remove or disable the black border? I tried disabling the narrator but it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border-around-focusselected-items/8330daa6-d36f-4c4b-a182-d877b616adbd
  7. Videos play with a Black and Red border inside box, how do I get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos play with a Black and Red border inside box, how do I get rid of it?: Okay, so I can't seem to find an answer anywhere on the internet about this and even tried some Reddit forums with no luck. This is pretty straightforward. Sometimes my videos play with a red and black border that inserts about halfway through the videos. How do I fix this?...
  8. How can I change the display black borders on my windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I change the display black borders on my windows 10 20H2: I am using windows 10 20H2, I want to put black borders on my desktop. So, how can I do this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-display-black-borders-on-my/8bdc0f0b-4612-4fad-8156-6a436c889192
  9. How do I remove the black border from Windows 10 applications?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I remove the black border from Windows 10 applications?: [ATTACH] Above, an image that shows a Windows 10 application with a black border when focused. How do I fix this issue? Before you answer, take into account that I did already look through my narrator settings and it is disabled. This has been an issue ever since 5 years...
  10. Get Rid of Black Border Around Best Match Search in Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Get Rid of Black Border Around Best Match Search in Windows 10...: [ATTACH] I need some help, I`ve just reinstalled Windows 10, fully update it... fresh installation I didn`t install any other third party app/software, and I noticed a black border around "best match" when I try to use the windows search on the taskbar, I`m 100% sure there...