Windows 10: Black box notifications re incompatible programs

Discus and support Black box notifications re incompatible programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just installed Windows 10, and it seems to be working ok (though the taskbar icons have been squashed), but each time I boot up the computer a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jfh, Feb 20, 2016.

1. JFH
    jfh Win User

Black box notifications re incompatible programs

I have just installed Windows 10, and it seems to be working ok (though the taskbar icons have been squashed), but each time I boot up the computer a some three black boxes appear seriatim in the lower right corner of the screen each one telling me that some program or other was incompatible with windows 10 and has been removed or or deleted or something. One was Speccy, which I removed and installed the version of Speccy supposedly compatible with Windows 10. However, I still get the same 'black box" message re Speccy, as well as the others. The Speccy which I downloaded works fine, by the way.
    Is there any way to keep these annoying black boxes from appearing. I've said "Enough already" each time, but that didn't seem to help.

:)

2. Palm trio 750 Sound Notifications dont work

Under Sounds & Notifications, is the check box for EVENTS and the check box for PROGRAMS marked and under Programs, the Notifications box is checked?

Mine is working and that is what I have checked....

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Feb 20, 2016
  3. DOS box repeatedly flashing on screen and unable to uninstall Wild Tangent Games

After upgrading to Windows 10, I have a dos box flashing on the screen. It flashes black - can't see any text - and then it's gone, but it is doing this repeatedly. After reading other posts, I thought it may be an incompatible program, so I am uninstalling
    programs. When I try to uninstall Wild Tangent Games I get a runtime error message saying that the application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

KathleenJorza, Feb 20, 2016
  4. XweAponX Win User

Turn off SmartScreen Filter, that should stop that.

XweAponX, Feb 20, 2016
  5. JFH
    jfh Win User
    Nope - I turned that off right after I installed win 10 and it is still off.

6. XweAponX Win User
    Then there may be another app compatibility setting, I've installed every app I've been using for the last 10 years, and most of them have gone in!

I'll have to think of where it is, it may have been a preference I chose as I was installing windows 10

XweAponX, Feb 20, 2016
  7. b1rd Win User
  8. JFH
    jfh Win User

I had gone to System-Notifications & actions and turned off all notifications. Still get the black boxes. There are only 3 of them - Speccy, which I mentioned in my original posting, and 2 others, one a Toshiba app and the other I think was something from Windows. The boxes just appear very briefly - not hardly long enough to identify unless (like Speccy) I am familiar with them.
    I'm surprised this quirk had not been seem by more people, since the function of the boxes is apparently just to tell us about programs which had been on 8.1 but were not compatible with 10. Surely I'm not the only one who had incompatible programs on my 8.1???

9. JFH
    jfh Win User
    I have found that that the other 2 disabled programs are: Intel WiDi, which was some sort of gimmick to transfer stuff from a laptop to a tv; and Toshiba HDD Accelerator. Neither are any great loss, but I wish Win 10 would cease posting their obit every time I boot up.

Thema:

1. Black box notifications re incompatible programs - Similar Threads - Black box notifications

2. Incompatible program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incompatible program: hello, I have a problem with java setup jre-8u361-windows-x64. when i open it it give me the run as administrators I click yes but when the the laptop loading mouse loading it's give me nothing ! So their are any solution to fix it? NOTE : I Use to make it in windows...
  3. Incompatible program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incompatible program: hello, I have a problem with java setup jre-8u361-windows-x64. when i open it it give me the run as administrators I click yes but when the the laptop loading mouse loading it's give me nothing ! So their are any solution to fix it? NOTE : I Use to make it in windows...
  4. All Notifications show as blank, black boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Notifications show as blank, black boxes: All pop out notifications are showing up as unreadable black boxes. This is causing serious issues with keeping apprised of meeting starts, email notifications, just basic daily functions.Windows is up to date.GPU Drivers removed and re-installed.Notifications are on.Focus...
  5. All Notifications show as blank, black boxes

All Notifications show as blank, black boxes: All pop out notifications are showing up as unreadable black boxes. This is causing serious issues with keeping apprised of meeting starts, email notifications, just basic daily functions.Windows is up to date.GPU Drivers removed and re-installed.Notifications are on.Focus...
  6. Incompatible program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Incompatible program: Just purchased a new Dell computer. Tried installing TurboTax 2020 program I just get a blank screen. Tried running troubleshooter issue found Incompatible Program. How do I fix it...
  7. Incompatible Program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incompatible Program: I tried giving a program of mine administrative privileges by going to properties and checking the run as administrator box. But it doesn't work. When I tried troubleshooting it, I got the error message incompatible program. Can anyone help with this?...
  8. How to Re-enable a Program's Notifications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Re-enable a Program's Notifications?: I disabled a program's Notifications by clicking the gear icon within the notification and selected "Turn off all notifications for [PROGRAM]". The program isn't listed under Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Get notification from these senders. How can I restore...
  9. PROGRAM INCOMPATIBILITY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PROGRAM INCOMPATIBILITY: Unfortunately I have been using Windows 7 because my Auto desk Inventor 2010 will not work with Windows 10. Any suggestion would be welcom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-incompatibility/9c2fa257-6e6c-48cb-942c-d4ad1d8a24d2
  10. incompatible program

incompatible program: Does anyone know how to fix a .exe file that says on troubleshoot compatibility its a incompatible program? 61890