Windows 10: Black box on Windows 10 Desktop

Discus and support Black box on Windows 10 Desktop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Are you seeing a tiny black box on your desktop with no way of closing it? Have you accidentally expanded the tiny black box that appeared on your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 7, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Black box on Windows 10 Desktop

Are you seeing a tiny black box on your desktop with no way of closing it? Have you accidentally expanded the tiny black box that appeared on your desktop and feeling it is covering a major portion of your desktop? Then, this is the guide for you to fix it.

A small number of Windows users are recently complaining that they are seeing a tiny black box and it goes on expanding if we try to do anything with it. This problem seems messy and over the point, the shortcuts, and folders go under it and a big part of the desktop is under it. Here, in this guide, we have a few solutions that let you remove that black box in easy ways.

Black box on Windows 10 Desktop Black-box-on-Windows-10-Desktop.png

To resolve this Black Box issue in Windows 10, you can follow the methods below:

1. End or Disable MSI_VoiceControl_Service
    2. Check and Update Graphics Drivers
    3. Run Hardware Troubleshooter
    4. Uninstall Recent Updates

Let’s deep dive into each method and see how we can do it.

1] End or Disable MSI_VoiceControl_Service

Black box on Windows 10 Desktop VoiceControlEngine-black-box.png

Black box appearing on the desktop is a known error that is caused due to VoiceControlService. VoiceControlEngine,exe belongs to software MSI SDK and it is not an operating system file and so not essential.

If you see it in your Task Manager, you can end Voice Control Service from the task manager and see if it fixes the problem. If not, you have to disable the Voice Control Service completely.

To end MSI_VoiceControl_Service, open Task Manager and make sure the Processes tab is in selection.

From the list, find VoiceControlEngine and right-click on it. Then, select End Task.

Check if this removes the black box on the desktop. If not, you have to Disable the Voice Control Service.

To do that, click on the Start button and search for Services.msc. Open it and locate MSI_VoiceControl_Service from the list.

Double-click on MSI_VoiceControl_Service and click on Stop in the dialog box. Then set the startup type to Disabled in the same dialog box and click on Apply and then OK.

Restart your PC and check if the black box is gone.

2] Check and Update Graphics Drivers

The black box that appeared on the desktop might have been due to an error in graphic drivers.

You may update the graphic drivers and see if that helps make the black box disappear.

3] Run Hardware Troubleshooter

Black box on Windows 10 Desktop Hardware-and-Devices-troubleshooter.png

There might be some hardware errors that occurred on your PC that made a black box appear on the desktop.

Running the Hardware troubleshooter could help you find the issues and fix them.

4] Uninstall Recent Updates

If the error has occurred after a system update or an update to any of the programs on your computer, uninstall them. Uninstalling the updates could fix the problem and run your computer smoothly. You can uninstall windows updates from Settings but you cannot uninstall the update of a third-party program. You have to uninstall the entire program.

Any of the above methods should help you in removing the black box from the desktop.

Black box on Windows 10 Desktop Black-box-on-Windows-10-Desktop.png
    This article Black box on Windows 10 Desktop first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 7, 2021

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, May 7, 2021
  3. Marivel Man, May 7, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Black box on Windows 10 Desktop - Similar Threads - Black box Desktop

2. Apps with black box on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps with black box on desktop: I am getting icon with black box on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-with-black-box-on-desktop/8414c323-c03f-4c58-b139-43e28ee8e94a
  3. Apps with black box on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps with black box on desktop: I am getting icon with black box on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-with-black-box-on-desktop/8414c323-c03f-4c58-b139-43e28ee8e94a
  4. Black window/box in my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black window/box in my desktop: [ATTACH] How do i fix this, its a black thing that i can expand, looks like cmd https://preview.redd.it/invyrprabkr81.png?width=320&format=png&auto=webp&s=ae021fd29f24f3d7ee13a059e85d92839f5c7cc5 submitted by /u/hiro_12093487 [link] [comments]...
  5. transformable black box on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    transformable black box on my desktop: Ive been having a problem with this box on my desktop. Im aware that i had some viruses and ive tried to fix it. How do i get rid of this? Ive restarted and powered down but it doesnt seem to go away [ATTACH] * Moved from Virus & Malware...
  6. transformable black box on my desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    transformable black box on my desktop: Ive been having a problem with this box on my desktop. Im aware that i had some viruses and ive tried to fix it. How do i get rid of this? Ive restarted and powered down but it doesnt seem to go away [ATTACH]...
  7. black transparent box on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    black transparent box on desktop: Hi ^^ , some people have black transparent box on desktop , and that the way i fix my problem 1-Open Geforce Experience 2-go to Settings > General 3-open IN-GAME OVERLAY 4-open Overlay settings 5-Go to HUD Layout > Set Position : OFF 6-Done *Party i Hope it help 172871
  8. Windows 10 desktop icons covered by a black box

Windows 10 desktop icons covered by a black box: Hi, I've started to have this problem for a few days now, the icons on my desktop get black except for the system apps Recycle Bin. I have tried several solutions like clearing the cache of the icons and it has worked, but whenever I turn back on the computer they return to...
  9. windows desktop icons black box

windows desktop icons black box: everytime i restart my laptop my desktop icons have black boxes on top of them, cleaning the thumbnail cache fixes but next time i restart the black boxes are there again...
  10. Black Boxes on Windows 10 Desktop Brand-new system

Black Boxes on Windows 10 Desktop Brand-new system: Hello, I have a brand-new system running Windows 10 from factory and from the minute it booted to the desktop I have had a bizarre bug. On the desktop I have black boxes. There are a few strange things about these boxes as well. For one, they show up perfectly in a...