Windows 10: Black box with white bar always on Windows 10 desktop screen can't get rid of it. What is it?

Discus and support Black box with white bar always on Windows 10 desktop screen can't get rid of it. What is it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, My brother has recently built me a brand new PC so I'm not the tech savvy one unfortunately!. Issue: there is a permanent black 'mark' on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RALP_, Apr 1, 2021.

1. RALP_ Win User

Black box with white bar always on Windows 10 desktop screen can't get rid of it. What is it?

Hello,

My brother has recently built me a brand new PC so I'm not the tech savvy one unfortunately!.

Issue: there is a permanent black 'mark' on the screen, which when you stretch it out, turns into a black box with a white bar at the top. You can't close it and it is always there.

My brother is also stumped as to what this is. The PC and the software is brand new.

Please see pictures to understand what I'm trying to describe.

What is it? How can I get rid of it?

Thank you.

Black box with white bar always on Windows 10 desktop screen can't get rid of it. What is it? e3a78c6b-b10a-4a00-abc0-147638edf1ad?upload=true.jpg Black box with white bar always on Windows 10 desktop screen can't get rid of it. What is it? b15138e2-8ea8-4b74-9399-ac2b3eb56c1f?upload=true.png

:)

RALP_, Apr 1, 2021
  2. clerkz Win User

Weird white/black box wont disappear from desktop

Hello, i was hoping someone could please provide some help to this situation. There is a black box with a white header that are staying stuck on my desktop. I am fully updated on everything i have restarted more than once. After i restart and login the window actually shows up as the bottom photo attached. I can alter the size and it never disappears or shows i have any programs open.

OS Build 19042.870

Black box with white bar always on Windows 10 desktop screen can't get rid of it. What is it? [​IMG]

Black box with white bar always on Windows 10 desktop screen can't get rid of it. What is it? [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

It tries to make it full screen if i drag it to the top. super weird

clerkz, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Roan T Win User
    Small white bar on right side of screen

Hi Bardan,

We'd be glad to provide assistance. To better narrow this down and deliver you accurate solutions, please answer
    the following questions:

• Is the white bar present regardless of what program you are using on your computer?

• Can you send us a screenshot of the
      white bar?
      Please edit the image if any personal information may be exposed.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

This issue could also be related to
    damaged screen. We suggest that you contact your manufacturer to have your computer checked for hardware issues.

Regards.

Roan T, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Black box with white bar always on Windows 10 desktop screen can't get rid of it. What is it?

After windows update screen has turned to black & white

The boxes outlining each section of the taskbar indicate that High Contrast mode has been turned on.....

....but that on its own isn't a complete explanation as there would still be some colour, such as the icons on the task bar.

To get rid of that as well, you'd also need to have turned on the Colour Filters.

Bree, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Black box with white bar always on Windows 10 desktop screen can't get rid of it. What is it? - Similar Threads - Black box white

2. There is always a white box in the edge of the screen when I open the desktop screen by my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is always a white box in the edge of the screen when I open the desktop screen by my...: When I was approve by parent and also when entering the code in "My parent is here" and the screen is open again, there will always be a white box in the edge of the desktop screen...
  3. My window's display has white box with Microsoft logo in it-can't get rid of box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My window's display has white box with Microsoft logo in it-can't get rid of box: Past week this box appeared and can not find what is creating the box. If I mouse over the box the pointer changes from pointer to spinning wheel. Only program downloaded was RUFUS to create a bootable flash drive. I seem to be unable to move screen shot windows key and v to...
  4. My window's display has white box with Microsoft logo in it-can't get rid of box

My window's display has white box with Microsoft logo in it-can't get rid of box: Past week this box appeared and can not find what is creating the box. If I mouse over the box the pointer changes from pointer to spinning wheel. Only program downloaded was RUFUS to create a bootable flash drive. I seem to be unable to move screen shot windows key and v to...
  5. How do I get rid of the white box on my desktop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get rid of the white box on my desktop?: Please don't answer with something like: open the redirect app in the autorun file and bootstrap the digibundle, reboot in Safe mode and reinstall win 10I have know idea what any of that computer mumbo jumbo means, I just want the white box gone.Thanks for your help...
  6. How do I get rid of the white box on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the white box on my desktop?: Please don't answer with something like: open the redirect app in the autorun file and bootstrap the digibundle, reboot in Safe mode and reinstall win 10I have know idea what any of that computer mumbo jumbo means, I just want the white box gone.Thanks for your help...
  7. How do I get rid of the white box on my desktop?

8. White Rectangle Box on Desktop Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Rectangle Box on Desktop Screen: I have an issue that most of the time when I start my computer, either rebooted or which was locked, I see a small rectangle box sometimes two boxes or one in my Desktop screen which is the screen where there is the wallpapers and icons. It appears anywhere on the Desktop...
  9. Small white boxed under desktop icons, can you get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Small white boxed under desktop icons, can you get rid of this?: [ATTACH] I did my research and found that it's probably an issue with the icon being scaled incorrectly, but I'm not exactly sure what to do about it and couldn't find any instructions on it. The icons are 64x64, but I don't want them to be any smaller visually....
  10. What is this on my screen and can't get rid of it

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is this on my screen and can't get rid of it: [ATTACH] Not sure what this is but I need it taken off please help thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-on-my-screen-and-cant-get-rid-of-it/9da04fb7-deea-462d-8832-0f9bb33bf396