Windows 10: Black boxes on icons?? i’ve tried to clear icon cache and some other “fixes” but nothing...

Discus and support Black boxes on icons?? i’ve tried to clear icon cache and some other “fixes” but nothing... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lmaoherpes [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lmaoherpes, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Black boxes on icons?? i’ve tried to clear icon cache and some other “fixes” but nothing...

/u/lmaoherpes, Mar 18, 2021

2. black icons

Actually its not completely solved, after doing what i said, whenever i reboot, the icons become black again. And when i use temp02's method of rebuilding the icon cache, it fixes it till the next reboot. Anyone know how to fix this? or perhaps i should like make a .bat file of this command and put it to startup?

Darkgundam111, Mar 18, 2021
  3. black icons

So i recently looked into how to remove those shortcut arrows and stumbled upon this registry edit:

REG ADD “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons” /v 29 /d %SystemRoot%\System32\shell32.dll,50 /f

after applying this and restarting the computer, my windows 7 now has black icons. Its not black boxes over the icons, its straight up the icon is black. when i refresh, i can see for a milisecond the real icon. Anyone know how to fix this besides a system restore? (i don't have any restore points *Bang Head :bangheadBlack boxes on icons?? i’ve tried to clear icon cache and some other “fixes” but nothing... :)

Edit and I also went into the registry and went to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer, and clicked on "link" and edited the value for it to 0000 00 00 00 00

not sure if that also contributed to this problem.

Darkgundam111, Mar 18, 2021
  4. Black boxes on icons?? i’ve tried to clear icon cache and some other “fixes” but nothing...

clearing icon cache

How do I clear the icon cache in windows 10, newly completed factory reset

VickyFulkerson1, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Black boxes on icons?? i’ve tried to clear icon cache and some other “fixes” but nothing...

1. Black boxes on icons?? i’ve tried to clear icon cache and some other “fixes” but nothing... - Similar Threads - Black boxes icons

2. The Do not disturb icon on the taskbar and some other icons seems to appear as a small box,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Do not disturb icon on the taskbar and some other icons seems to appear as a small box,...: Updated to windows 11, some icons in the taskbar and notification center appear to be small box, Please provide a solution to fix these https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-do-not-disturb-icon-on-the-taskbar-and-some/42281c5d-c238-4e04-ba5f-fda32e9c8716
  3. The Do not disturb icon on the taskbar and some other icons seems to appear as a small box,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Do not disturb icon on the taskbar and some other icons seems to appear as a small box,...: Updated to windows 11, some icons in the taskbar and notification center appear to be small box, Please provide a solution to fix these https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-do-not-disturb-icon-on-the-taskbar-and-some/42281c5d-c238-4e04-ba5f-fda32e9c8716
  4. all my icons have a black box, I have rebuilt the icon cache like 4 times and its not fixing it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    all my icons have a black box, I have rebuilt the icon cache like 4 times and its not fixing it: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/el3ctric-runner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uhpeo9/all_my_icons_have_a_black_box_i_have_rebuilt_the/
  5. How to clear icon cache in search on Windows 10

in Cortana
    How to clear icon cache in search on Windows 10: With clearing in start menu bellow instruction work perfect, but how to clear cache in searching screen shoot with broken icons in the end ?taskkill /IM explorer.exe /FDEL /A /Q "%localappdata%\IconCache.db"DEL /A /F /Q...
  6. How to clear icon cache in search on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear icon cache in search on Windows 10: With clearing in start menu bellow instruction work perfect, but how to clear cache in searching screen shoot with broken icons in the end ?taskkill /IM explorer.exe /FDEL /A /Q "%localappdata%\IconCache.db"DEL /A /F /Q...
  7. How to clear icon cache in search on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Black box over icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black box over icons: Hi, I have this problem where I navigate to a folder and there are big black boxes over my icons. I've tried deleting IconCache.db in the AppData\Local folder, but it didn't work. Can someone help? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  9. How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10: Hi, I am facing problem as the Progress Bar keep running green after the optional windows update of KB455094 though I have deleted it but the problem remain same. Even Explorer can not be open unless I reboot computer whenever I have to access folders in Explorer....
  10. I tried to rebuild the icon cache

in Windows 10 Support
    I tried to rebuild the icon cache: I tried to rebuild the icon cache. I had no success whatsoever. Here are my screenshots if anyone has an idea: [img] [img] [img] [img] 136373