Windows 10: Black Boxes on Windows 10 Desktop Brand-new system

Discus and support Black Boxes on Windows 10 Desktop Brand-new system in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a brand-new system running Windows 10 from factory and from the minute it booted to the desktop I have had a bizarre bug. On the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jtmcc, Dec 12, 2018.

1. jtmcc Win User

Black Boxes on Windows 10 Desktop Brand-new system

Hello,

I have a brand-new system running Windows 10 from factory and from the minute it booted to the desktop I have had a bizarre bug. On the desktop I have black boxes. There are a few strange things about these boxes as well. For one, they show up perfectly in a screenshot...

Black Boxes on Windows 10 Desktop Brand-new system [​IMG]

They are only on the desktop, they do not appear in any other program. Upon a restart or when I plug into an external monitor, they move and change sizes, shapes, and sometimes there's only one, sometimes there's more. It does not matter what background I am using. Also, If you notice the Malwarebytes icon is half blocked off by one, I am unable to click through the black box. Moving things through them does not cause them to redraw themselves. I am stumped by what these could be, and as harmless as they are, I would love to see if anybody has a suggestion on how to get rid of them. I have tried searching to see if anybody else had this problem, but I may be using the wrong terminology.

Thanks for anyone who can help!

:)

jtmcc, Dec 12, 2018

2. Black Desktop No Icons after windows 10 update (brand new laptop)

Hi Ben,

Interfered update may cause file corruptions which may also lead to black screen errors. To resolve such issue, we suggest that you run the System File Checker
    and Deployment Image Servicing and Management using the steps on this

link
    . These tools will scan all of the important Windows files on your computer and replace them as necessary.

If the issue persists, you can follow the series of steps listed here which are troubleshooting instructions
    suitable for black screen or blank screen errors.

Update us if the information above addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Black Boxes on Windows 10 Desktop Brand-new system

Black Dot and Numbers filled up in the password box and the Notepad

Hello,

There are several ways to troubleshoot sign-in issues in Windows 10. Since the system automatically fills out the password box with black dots and already did a few troubleshooting steps, we suggest creating a new user account to see if this issue will occur
    on a new user profile. This will help you check if your current user account is corrupted. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family
      & other people
      > Add someone else to this PC.

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Black Boxes on Windows 10 Desktop Brand-new system

1. Black Boxes on Windows 10 Desktop Brand-new system - Similar Threads - Black Boxes Desktop

2. Apps with black box on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps with black box on desktop: I am getting icon with black box on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-with-black-box-on-desktop/8414c323-c03f-4c58-b139-43e28ee8e94a
  3. Apps with black box on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps with black box on desktop: I am getting icon with black box on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-with-black-box-on-desktop/8414c323-c03f-4c58-b139-43e28ee8e94a
  4. Black window/box in my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black window/box in my desktop: [ATTACH] How do i fix this, its a black thing that i can expand, looks like cmd https://preview.redd.it/invyrprabkr81.png?width=320&format=png&auto=webp&s=ae021fd29f24f3d7ee13a059e85d92839f5c7cc5 submitted by /u/hiro_12093487 [link] [comments]...
  5. Black box on Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Black box on Windows 10 Desktop: Are you seeing a tiny black box on your desktop with no way of closing it? Have you accidentally expanded the tiny black box that appeared on your desktop and feeling it is covering a major portion of your desktop? Then, this is the guide for you to fix it. A small number of...
  6. black transparent box on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    black transparent box on desktop: Hi ^^ , some people have black transparent box on desktop , and that the way i fix my problem 1-Open Geforce Experience 2-go to Settings > General 3-open IN-GAME OVERLAY 4-open Overlay settings 5-Go to HUD Layout > Set Position : OFF 6-Done *Party i Hope it help 172871
  7. Windows 10 desktop icons covered by a black box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop icons covered by a black box: Hi, I've started to have this problem for a few days now, the icons on my desktop get black except for the system apps Recycle Bin. I have tried several solutions like clearing the cache of the icons and it has worked, but whenever I turn back on the computer they return to...
  8. Brand new PC - black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Brand new PC - black screen: Brand new PC Windows 10. (can't see my Windows Version number) I loaded Firefox, NoteTab light and Zoom. I shut the PC off and when I restarted it a few hours later, I got a black screen. The mouse works because I see the pointer moving. How do I get it to work? Thank you...
  9. windows desktop icons black box

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows desktop icons black box: everytime i restart my laptop my desktop icons have black boxes on top of them, cleaning the thumbnail cache fixes but next time i restart the black boxes are there again...
  10. BSOD in a Brand New Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD in a Brand New Desktop: HI I have been having BSOD on my Dell All in One since the the beginning. I am still in the warranty but before I contact Dell, I want a Microsoft technician to have a look on the Minidump file analysis. I have updated all drivers and reinstalled Windows couple of times...