Windows 10: Black boxes with colored dots appearing on screen

Discus and support Black boxes with colored dots appearing on screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought this laptop and set it up yesterday. Several times now, black boxes filled with colored dots have appeared at random on the screen in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bb_059, Nov 21, 2020 at 11:23 PM.

1. bb_059 Win User

Black boxes with colored dots appearing on screen

I bought this laptop and set it up yesterday. Several times now, black boxes filled with colored dots have appeared at random on the screen in different places. They disappear if I highlight text only in the area that was covering text or if I scroll up or down. Attached is a screenshot of what they look like this box was covering a large portion of the screen but part of it disappeared when I highlighted text beneath it. These boxes have appeared over multiple programs, not just Chrome.

Not sure if this is an issue with the computer itself and I should return it or with Windows. Help is appreciated.

Black boxes with colored dots appearing on screen d3348507-f243-46b1-ba52-23de1ef97b5c?upload=true.png

:)

2. Maria Fab Win User

Black Dots appears on screen

Hello Kushal,

Black screen errors can be caused by issues with the display adapter drivers, connection issues between with your PC or display, or during installation of operating system or updates.

For resolution, we suggest that you follow our guided walk-through to resolve black screen errors. See
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors. Choose the error you're experiencing from the list,
    and a set of troubleshooting steps will be provided.

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

3. Black Dots appears on screen

The thread which u provided is when windows hang but in my case it doesn't hang it works fine but as u see in first picture icons,taskbar are displayed

Kushal Bansal, Nov 21, 2020 at 11:25 PM
  4. Black boxes with colored dots appearing on screen

Mail app- dot appears in text box.

Hi, P. Sanders.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would request you to send a screen shot of the "Dot" that appears on your mail app.

As of now, I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if the issue persist.

Step 1: Run App Troubleshooter.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooter”
    • Click on troubleshooter, on the left view pane, locate “View All”.
    • Then locate and click on “Windows Store Apps”.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 21, 2020 at 11:25 PM
Thema:

Black boxes with colored dots appearing on screen

1. Black boxes with colored dots appearing on screen - Similar Threads - Black boxes colored

2. Small black box on screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Small black box on screen: Recently a small semi-transparent black box appeared on my screen that doesn't pop up on and screenshots, and it doesn't appear when I launch my PC on diagnostic mode. Im not sure how to get rid of it. submitted by /u/OnyxSm [link] [comments]...
  3. Search bar appears as a black box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search bar appears as a black box: After I power on my laptop and log in, I would normally use the search function to pull up Steam or Instagram. Though recently I've noticed that when I type anything into the search bar, the box above it which should display the results is a black box. It does not show any...
  4. Black Dots fill up in the password box - can't log in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Dots fill up in the password box - can't log in: On my ACER desktop, running WIN10, I suddenly have black dots filling up in the password box so that I can't log in. I was able to get in once - by chance - and did the following: Ran Malwarebytes - no issues Turned off "sticky keys" Swapped out the keyboard But I am...
  5. Black Screen with circling Dots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with circling Dots: I have been having trouble with windows 10. One of the articles suggested to hold down the start button 3 times and start the PC 3 times. I did and the screen started going through stages of fixing. The Screen went black with the circling dots for the last 6 hours or so. I...
  6. Black boxes appearing on Windows applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black boxes appearing on Windows applications: Windows applications like sticky notes, camera, etc. have black boxes surrounding all of the buttons on them and I am not able to click anything. Here is what I mean: [ATTACH] It's really annoying and it's been happening for months. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in...
  7. black screen and spinning dots

black screen and spinning dots: I updated my two Windows 10 laptop and got an issue on both of them. At present when I am rebooting my PC, I see spinning circle on the black screen. I tried to restore the system but it didn’t help. Laptops are Dell and Lenovo. I updated to 1809 version...
  8. Flashing black box on screen

Flashing black box on screen: I keep getting a box that comes up on the screen and it says C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe. What can I do to stop this nuisance. None of the antivirus, malware and RKill show anything causing this situation? Any suggestions, I am a newbie so a detailed answer is needed...
  9. Object in black box appeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Object in black box appeared: I now have an object in the upper left corner of my screen. I can't move it. I get nothing if I right click it. It looks like a vertical stipe with some white at the top and then mostly red with 100% below it - all on a black box. How do I get rid of this?...
  10. Black/Blank information boxes and sometimes full black screen appear.

Black/Blank information boxes and sometimes full black screen appear.: I started having a problem with my HP Pavilion laptop model number 15-au076sa. Sometimes the whole screen goes black, this was the only issue i noticed for a while until other little black boxes started appearing like if i scrolled over the name of a youtube video instead of...