Windows 10: Black boxes with colored dots appearing on screen

Discus and support Black boxes with colored dots appearing on screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought this laptop and set it up yesterday. Several times now, black boxes filled with colored dots have appeared at random on the screen in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bb_059, Nov 21, 2020.

1. bb_059 Win User

Black boxes with colored dots appearing on screen

I bought this laptop and set it up yesterday. Several times now, black boxes filled with colored dots have appeared at random on the screen in different places. They disappear if I highlight text only in the area that was covering text or if I scroll up or down. Attached is a screenshot of what they look like this box was covering a large portion of the screen but part of it disappeared when I highlighted text beneath it. These boxes have appeared over multiple programs, not just Chrome.

Not sure if this is an issue with the computer itself and I should return it or with Windows. Help is appreciated.

Black boxes with colored dots appearing on screen d3348507-f243-46b1-ba52-23de1ef97b5c?upload=true.png

:)

bb_059, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Black Dots appears on screen

Hello Kushal,

Black screen errors can be caused by issues with the display adapter drivers, connection issues between with your PC or display, or during installation of operating system or updates.

For resolution, we suggest that you follow our guided walk-through to resolve black screen errors. See
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors. Choose the error you're experiencing from the list,
    and a set of troubleshooting steps will be provided.

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Black Dots appears on screen

The thread which u provided is when windows hang but in my case it doesn't hang it works fine but as u see in first picture icons,taskbar are displayed

Kushal Bansal, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Black boxes with colored dots appearing on screen

Mail app- dot appears in text box.

Hi, P. Sanders.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would request you to send a screen shot of the "Dot" that appears on your mail app.

As of now, I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if the issue persist.

Step 1: Run App Troubleshooter.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooter”
    • Click on troubleshooter, on the left view pane, locate “View All”.
    • Then locate and click on “Windows Store Apps”.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Black boxes with colored dots appearing on screen

1. Black boxes with colored dots appearing on screen - Similar Threads - Black boxes colored

2. Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen: Windows 11 user running on Microsoft Surface Laptop 4. I just started to have black boxes appear and then disappear on my screen on a frequent basis. How do I diagnose and resolve this issue? Is it a bad video card or potentially a firmware issue? Thanks in advance for your...
  3. Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen: Windows 11 user running on Microsoft Surface Laptop 4. I just started to have black boxes appear and then disappear on my screen on a frequent basis. How do I diagnose and resolve this issue? Is it a bad video card or potentially a firmware issue? Thanks in advance for your...
  4. Random Colored flickering Dots Appearing on my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Colored flickering Dots Appearing on my screen: Hi my device is ASUS FX-506hc TUF Gaming F15 .I am facing random colored dots issue on my screen from 2 days .I tried to screenshot them but they are disappearing when press a key . So I captured them from my mobile. Please give me a solution if you have any. I tried...
  5. Random Colored flickering Dots Appearing on my screen

Random Colored flickering Dots Appearing on my screen: Hi my device is ASUS FX-506hc TUF Gaming F15 .I am facing random colored dots issue on my screen from 2 days .I tried to screenshot them but they are disappearing when press a key . So I captured them from my mobile. Please give me a solution if you have any. I tried...
  6. Black box appearing on screen randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black box appearing on screen randomly.: There is a black box randomly appearing on my screen out nowhere and when it shows up almost everything stops working for a few minutes, it stays there and my only way of making it disappear is restarting my computer, but it still shows up. I took a screen shot of it and when...
  7. Black box appearing on screen randomly.

Black box appearing on screen randomly.: There is a black box randomly appearing on my screen out nowhere and when it shows up almost everything stops working for a few minutes, it stays there and my only way of making it disappear is restarting my computer, but it still shows up. I took a screen shot of it and when...
  8. Black dot appearing on screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black dot appearing on screen.: Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing on my screen, no matter what application is open/tabbed into. I am not sure of the cause of this, but I have had this issue previously about a year ago and it just went away. Since then I have reinstalled windows on a different...
  9. Black dot appearing on screen.

Black dot appearing on screen.: Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing on my screen, no matter what application is open/tabbed into. I am not sure of the cause of this, but I have had this issue previously about a year ago and it just went away. Since then I have reinstalled windows on a different...
  10. Black dot appearing on screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware