Windows 10: Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop

Discus and support Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. Today I got an update, and I noticed afterwards that the Windows 10 context menu when you right click the desktop went back to the old version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NVergilio, Dec 15, 2015.

1. NVergilio Win User

Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop

Hello. Today I got an update, and I noticed afterwards that the Windows 10 context menu when you right click the desktop went back to the old version and not the Windows 10 version. Also, the context menu for right clicking in the taskbar turned black in the background. Not sure what changed and how to make things the way I remember. Thanks.

:)

NVergilio, Dec 15, 2015
  2. Thanatica Win User

Consolidate context menu styles

The style for context menus need to be consolidated. There are current three different styles:

• Right-click on an empty region of the taskbar: you will get a black context menu with a light border and no icons, which fades in and out.
    • Right-click on a taskbar app button: you will get a black context menu without border but with monotone icons, which slides in and out from the bottom.
    • Right-click on the desktop and most other places: you will get a bright-grey context menu with coloured icons, which fades in and out.

Like I said, there is no need to maintain three different styles for a visual element that is the result of three identical user interactions, only in different places. These three styles come with a virgin installation of Windows 10, which can make it confusing
    to new and upgraded users why the colour and such is suddenly different for essentially the same 'thing'.

To reiterate, differences in:

• Background colour
    • Text colour
    • Border style
    • Hide- and show animation
    • Coloured icons, monotone icons, or no icons

Why not make these the same for every context menu? It's easier to maintain (for Microsoft devs) and easier on the user experience (for your valued customers).

Thanatica, Dec 15, 2015
  3. Agitated with context menus

I am very displeased with the context menus in Windows 10 ever since Build 10240. There is no consistency among them. The one for the desktop looks different than the one for the taskbar. The desktop has a "light" themed context menu and the taskbar has
    a "dark" themed one. All the context menus need to match.

I read that BS in the Insider Hub about why it is the way it is and it's so stupid. Here is an example, "Some Windows surfaces (e.g. file explorer) prefer light menus for a continuous experience while others opt for darker menus to maintain continuity."
    They say that as if it's actually alive.

I have a small screen (1024x600) and when I right-click on the taskbar, the context menus are HUGE! When I right-click on the Start icon, I have to scroll down just to get to the "Shut down or sign out" option. They're supposed to make it simpler to use,
    not add more steps.

This is really bothersome to me. It's like an itch that cannot be scratched, it annoys me to no end. Didn't even know I had OCD until I saw this disaster with the context menus. I wonder if anyone else is peeved at this?

MichaelMAS7, Dec 15, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

RE : the Windows 10 context menu when you right click the desktop went back to the old version and not the Windows 10 version
    Not sure what do you expect to see.
    Here is my screenshot when right clicking at the desktop.......................

Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop [​IMG]

RE : Also, the context menu for right clicking in the taskbar turned black in the background.
    That's how it is supposed tobe. Nothing wrong with your computer.

Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop [​IMG]

davidhk, Dec 15, 2015
  5. NVergilio Win User
    For the first pic, yes that is what I get, but isn't the Windows 10 context menu supposed to be white and a bit more cleaner? Curious about these changes.

NVergilio, Dec 15, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    I don't know.
    I am not as observant as you are.

davidhk, Dec 15, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    I think everything on the Taskbar and Start Menu is written in XAML, everything in Explorer is straight up Win32.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop - Similar Threads - Black Context Menu

2. context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    context menu: i just reinstalled windows but when we right click on desktop which shows refresh option it i s always showing to my left . the menu opens to the left of my mouse.should not it be opening to the right of my mouse...
  3. context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu: how to add 'desktop' to 'send to option' WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/671f83fb-b3a9-449a-9564-ea120c0b78b8
  4. Context menu on taskbar icon

Context menu on taskbar icon: I have issue with taskbar icons. When I right click on icon, context menu does not appear. For example, right click on edge should show close window, new window, incognito new window. Does anyone know how to solve this?...
  5. Context Menu

Context Menu: Is there a way to edit context menus in Windows 10 without having to deal with the registry? If yes, how? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/593aefd6-7ccd-433f-920b-1da873dd4694
  6. Context Menu

Context Menu: I think I installed a demo software or game really long time ago by a private developer on my PC, but I noticed later that had led to the presence of "usmanworldfree.com" on the right click menu. How can i remove it? Help in this regard will be much appreciated....
  7. context menue

context menue: my context menu does not show the ability to set windows in a pattern ,side by side etc. how can this be add? all tutorial for moving windows into various groupings start with right clicking to get the context menu which has these patterns....
  8. context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    context menu: right click on desktop blank space, a context menu appears as I click on its "new" item no respond and the menu automatically closed. what is the matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/2843ddc0-0011-4c82-b2ab-ab281dd3271b
  9. Context menu on the desktop

Context menu on the desktop: How do I recover a lost right-click drop-down context menu on the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/context-menu-on-the-desktop/21749250-49ca-4520-b839-f24d49c95a6a
  10. No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar: Hi guys, Yesterday I installed Windows 10 Pro and after sometime I noticed that when I right-click on the taskbar I don't have "Properties" option which normally should be. Could you please help me to sort it out. Thank you. 62126