Windows 10: Black desktop and deleted user files

Discus and support Black desktop and deleted user files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear all, I'm facing a big problem on my pc from yesterday. I left my pc for dinner and when I come back desktop has become black and I lost ALL my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Michele992, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Black desktop and deleted user files

Dear all,

I'm facing a big problem on my pc from yesterday.

I left my pc for dinner and when I come back desktop has become black and I lost ALL my personal data, exception made for the file that I was using before the problem. If I look at HD now is nearly empty, just the programs that I have installed wasn't deleted. I've just tried to restore the system before the last windows update and a data recovery with easeUS but unfortunatly I'm still not able to retrieve my data.
    what can I do? The data that I've lost are very important, please help me!

Best Regards,

Michele

:)

Michele992, Mar 20, 2021
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Black desktop and deleted user files

Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

Thema:

Black desktop and deleted user files

1. Black desktop and deleted user files - Similar Threads - Black desktop deleted

2. Delete a user file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete a user file: When i initially set up my pc I was unfamiliar with the process. I believe i set up a local admin account and then i added my spouse microsoft account as she had a 365 subscription. Since then i now have my own user admin microsoft account. I would now like to delete her user...
  3. Delete a user file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete a user file: When i initially set up my pc I was unfamiliar with the process. I believe i set up a local admin account and then i added my spouse microsoft account as she had a 365 subscription. Since then i now have my own user admin microsoft account. I would now like to delete her user...
  4. Desktop Deleting Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Deleting Files: I have windows 10 when ever I shut down my pc the desktop delete the whatsapp and other shortcut from my desktop. Also it deleted some of my other documents but the documents are not shown in recycle bin how ever whatsapp shortcut and others are being displayed and when I...
  5. Desktop Deleting Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Deleting Files: I have windows 10 when ever I shut down my pc the desktop delete the whatsapp and other shortcut from my desktop. Also it deleted some of my other documents but the documents are not shown in recycle bin how ever whatsapp shortcut and others are being displayed and when I...
  6. Desktop Deleting Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Deletion of deleted user's files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deletion of deleted user's files.: I'm deleting the files of an account that I have recently deleted off of my computer, and I'm worried that the files will not be on the other computer the account is on, I just want to make sure that the files I am deleting won't be deleted on the other computer. And sorry if...
  8. Black desktop and deleted user files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black desktop and deleted user files: Dear all, I'm facing a big problem on my pc from yesterday. I left my pc for dinner and when I come back desktop has become black and I lost ALL my personal data, exception made for the file that I was using before the problem. If I look at HD now is nearly empty, just the...
  9. How to restore file in deleted user account (Desktop File)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to restore file in deleted user account (Desktop File): At the first after I upgraded my notebook from windows 8 to windows 10, I just realize that 1 of my 3 user account is not exist anymore (the Guest account is not there just after I upgrade it into windows 10). As I tried to make the new Guest account and still didnt work (I...
  10. Files Deletion Denied by DESKTOP-7VG8SI1\infer User profile

in Windows 10 Support
    Files Deletion Denied by DESKTOP-7VG8SI1\infer User profile: Hello I recently got a new laptop with Windows 10 and I'm trying to delete a directory in my Program Files(x86) directory. I botched a mod installation and I can't get rid of the file I have an admin profile, but whenever I try to delete it, it gets denied by a user profile...