Windows 10: Black desktop and flashing taskbar after login. Please help

Discus and support Black desktop and flashing taskbar after login. Please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RRUser [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kb7353/black_desktop_and_flashing_taskbar_after_login/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RRUser, Dec 11, 2020.

1. /u/RRUser Win User

Black desktop and flashing taskbar after login. Please help

/u/RRUser, Dec 11, 2020
  2. DBisht Win User

Windows 10 black screen with flashing taskbar after login

After I login I get a black screen with a flashing taskbar and cursor with loading icon. I am not able to click anywhere and not able to access task manager. I pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del and selected task manager but nothing
    happened. And same black screen and a flashing taskbar showing on screen.. It seems like explorer. Exe keep on crashing but i dont have any clue how to get rid of it.. After log in i am not able to do anything... Please help me out with this problem.. Thanks
    in advance

DBisht, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Black Screen (Desktop & Taskbar disappeared)

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I turned on my laptop and all I could see is a black screen. I searched the internet and tried creating "explorer.exe" task using Task Manager. Turns out it doesn't work in my case. All I could see after creating the task was an even more annoying
    flashing taskbar. I opened other programs such as "Chrome" and "Microsoft Word" using "Create new task" option. Everything seems to be working fine, as each of those programs got opened. The only issue is I can't see my desktop or taskbar and when I login,
    I only see a black screen.

Hopefully, someone can help.

Thanks

Muiz Ahmed, Dec 11, 2020
  4. VinceB Win User

Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons are Flashing, Continously

Hi:

I am experiencing blinking/flashing of several icons that are located on my Win10-64 Pro desktop PC's screen, and several icons for programs and for File Manager, that are pinned to within the taskbar. The PC is a DELL XPS 8700 desktop. I think my PC has Windows 10 version 1803 installed on 5/19/2018, and am getting updates automatically from Microsoft.

Observations:

When booting the PC, after the login screen, it is taking an unusual amount of time to load the "image" part of the desktop icons; sometimes, the filenames' text appear first and quickly, and then a delay occurs before the icon images are "painted" onto the monitor's screen. I also noticed that while having File Manager opened, the same file names blink in the directory structure pane, at the far left.
    I have allowed the PC to run overnight, and, upon returning and making use of browser for a period of approximately ten minutes, Windows crashes: the flashing taskbar icons disappear and are replaced with blank, box outlines; there is no response when clicking on a desktop icon or on a pinned taskbar's blank box; this happened several times; I had to reboot PC to regain control of taskbar and desktop icons.

What I have tried thus far and results:

1. I ran the inbuilt DELL diagnostics, and all hardware passed the "thorough" tests.
    2. I followed instructions given in this YouTube video: Windows 10 - How to Fix Screen Flashing and Flickering Issue - YouTube, and by using msconfig, to locate and uncheck the boxes for two services: (1) WindowsErrorReporting and (2) ProblemsReportandSolutions.
    I also uninstalled iCloud, which was suggested in that same YouTube video. But the flashing continues. This was done during Windows normal mode (while icons were blinking).
    I then performed these same steps while in Windows Safe Mode with Networking​; same results: flashing continues. (I struggle each time I atempt to find Windows Safe Mode booting.)

So, it does not appear that the (1) and (2) services nor iCloud are the cause of this problem.

3. I followed instructions given in this YouTube video: Disable Flashing Taskbar buttons or icons on Windows 10 taskbar - YouTube, and using regedit to locate (1) ForegroundFlashCount (set at 7h) and (2) ForegroundLockTimeout (set at 30d40h) and reset each of those to 0 (zero). The result of doing that is no improvement/change in the flashing icons. Have since reset these two services to 7h and 30d40h.

So, it appears that hacking those REG DWORDs has not helped me.

4. I also used Windows Restore to go back to 4 OCT 2018. That has not helped, either.
    5. While running Windows in Normal Mode, I have stopped the Windows Search service using Administrator Tools>Services, but did not help. Have restarted the Windows Search service.
    6. At some point along the line, I ran System File Check routine; found no errors. Ran DMIS(?);found no problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

TNX.

VinceB, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Black desktop and flashing taskbar after login. Please help - Similar Threads - Black desktop flashing

2. Black screen and flashing taskbar, Please help (Details in comments)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen and flashing taskbar, Please help (Details in comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TanZhiYuan23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l7bnb8/black_screen_and_flashing_taskbar_please_help/
  3. Desktop Black and Taskbar Flashing after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop Black and Taskbar Flashing after Update: Hello! Over the past few months I've been having a really annoying issue. One day when I logged in to my computer, the Desktop was black and the taskbar was flashing. I was really surprised because the lock screen looked perfectly normal so I thought it was weird. I could...
  4. Windows goes to black screen and flashing taskbar after login. Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows goes to black screen and flashing taskbar after login. Please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ihatepigmen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jdhefy/windows_goes_to_black_screen_and_flashing_taskbar/
  5. Flashing taskbar and inoperative desktop. PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flashing taskbar and inoperative desktop. PLEASE HELP: Hey community, im having to make this from my phone as my computer is completly unusable right now and i need serious help. I bought some new ram today 2x16 and when i logged in with the new ram this issue started happening. I have tried running my pc in safe mode with...
  6. Windows 10 black screen with flashing taskbar after login

Windows 10 black screen with flashing taskbar after login: As the title says - after I login I get a black screen with a flashing taskbar. This problems still exists even in safe mode i had to uninstall quality update in order to get the system running i don't know what the issue is. Also it says nvidia drivers not found i have...
  7. Windows 10 black screen with flashing taskbar after login

Windows 10 black screen with flashing taskbar after login: As the title says - after I login I get a black screen with a flashing taskbar. This problems still exists even in safe mode i had to uninstall quality update in order to get the system running i don't know what the issue is. Also it says nvvidia drivers not found i have...
  8. Windows 10 black screen with flashing taskbar after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen with flashing taskbar after login: After I login I get a black screen with a flashing taskbar and cursor with loading icon. I am not able to click anywhere and not able to access task manager. I pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del and selected task manager but nothing happened. And same black screen and a flashing taskbar...
  9. Black screen flash after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen flash after login: Hey guys Something new... I cleaned installed... At login screen I put my password push enter ..it loads...then a black screen for about 2 secs then my desktop.... I restore to a previous image and it doesn't happen ...what could cause that 135361
  10. Black screen on login! Please help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on login! Please help!: So.. I screwed up.. I used a small program called something like Windows 10 Login Background Changer (something along those lines) and when I restarted my computer, it never reached the login screen. I can move the mouse and open Magnifier (was pushing random controls),...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. jdhefy/windows goes_to_black_screen_and flashing taskbar

2. pc boots to black desktop with taskbar flashing