Windows 10: Black desktop and taskbar

Discus and support Black desktop and taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My taskbar is gone and my desktop background is black now and keep refreshing. What shall I do ?? explorer.exe in cmd does not the solution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Code_Machine, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Black desktop and taskbar

My taskbar is gone and my desktop background is black now and keep refreshing. What shall I do ??

explorer.exe in cmd does not the solution

:)

Code_Machine, Dec 26, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Dec 26, 2019
  3. taskbar

Hi Roger,

Thank you for sharing this to the Microsoft Community. We suggest that you follow these steps for possible solution:

• Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. If in tablet mode, hold your finger on the taskbar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. You can also do the same for tablet mode.

In addition to that, you can follow the reply of johnhart061 on this
    thread for more information.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Black desktop and taskbar

taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Black desktop and taskbar

1. Black desktop and taskbar - Similar Threads - Black desktop taskbar

2. PC loads to desktop with black screen and taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC loads to desktop with black screen and taskbar: Hello,Earlier in the week I had taken steps to improve the performance of Mortal Kombat 1 on my pc. I went about this by installing Process Lasso on my pc and changing the number of maximum cores active from 1 to 12. The pc had run fine over the next day or so, but when I...
  3. PC loads to desktop with black screen and taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC loads to desktop with black screen and taskbar: Hello,Earlier in the week I had taken steps to improve the performance of Mortal Kombat 1 on my pc. I went about this by installing Process Lasso on my pc and changing the number of maximum cores active from 1 to 12. The pc had run fine over the next day or so, but when I...
  4. PC loads to desktop with black screen and taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Desktop Black and Taskbar Flashing after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop Black and Taskbar Flashing after Update: Hello! Over the past few months I've been having a really annoying issue. One day when I logged in to my computer, the Desktop was black and the taskbar was flashing. I was really surprised because the lock screen looked perfectly normal so I thought it was weird. I could...
  6. No Desktop or Taskbar. Only a black screen with a cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Desktop or Taskbar. Only a black screen with a cursor: After logging in to my account I am met with a black screen and a cursor and that's it. There are numerous solutions that I have looked into that didn't work. I am able to open task manager. The issue persists in Safe Mode. This issue is localised to one user account. The...
  7. Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen: [ATTACH]If, after a Windows Update or a Driver update, your Desktop and Taskbar keep refreshing with a black screen, then its a typical driver issue […] This article Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Desktop and taskbar refreshing with a black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop and taskbar refreshing with a black screen: Hi, I got a problem with my laptop, the taskbar and desktop refreshes itself every 3 or 4 seconds and it shows a black screen in the process. With Ctrl alt del I have been able to open taskbar and it shows 50-90% cpu use I think the explorer.exe task also refreshes. This...
  9. Black Screen (Desktop & Taskbar disappeared)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen (Desktop & Taskbar disappeared): Hi everyone, Yesterday I turned on my laptop and all I could see is a black screen. I searched the internet and tried creating "explorer.exe" task using Task Manager. Turns out it doesn't work in my case. All I could see after creating the task was an even more annoying...
  10. Desktop and Taskbar won't appear - Black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop and Taskbar won't appear - Black screen: After performing the latest Windows Update, I restarted my computer and logged in with no problems at all (the login screen did appear). When it got to where the desktop should be, I was faced with a blank screen and a mouse cursor that I could move around. After playing...