Windows 10: Black desktop at startup

Discus and support Black desktop at startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My computer seems to have a very annoying problem and I'd really appreciate your help. Everytime I login on my desktop computer, I see a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Barely_Hooman, May 9, 2019.

1. Black desktop at startup

Hi,

My computer seems to have a very annoying problem and I'd really appreciate your help.

Everytime I login on my desktop computer, I see a black screen and the outline of my taskbar (I've enabled hide taskbar option so i only see a thin line at the bottom of my screen).

There are no icons or a wallpaper. Just a black screen and the taskbar.

I use CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to open the Task Manager and then, after a few seconds, my desktop loads up normally. This happens everytime I boot my computer.

If its of any help, the Task Manager displays 100% disk usage everytime as well. I have noticed 100% disk usage making my games lag a lot of times before the black screen issue started occuring.

It'd be great if you could suggest a solution for that as well. Maybe they're connected?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Barely_Hooman, May 9, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, May 9, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 9, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Black desktop at startup

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Black desktop at startup

1. Black desktop at startup - Similar Threads - Black desktop startup

2. Frozen desktop, black taskbar without icons and slow startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen desktop, black taskbar without icons and slow startup: So I recently had a problem where my ASUS laptop is taking so long on the startup, and after several minutes, the desktop freezes entirely and the taskbar is completely black except for the bar where you search for things I don't know what is called. Keep in mind, I didn't...
  3. Frozen desktop, black taskbar without icons and slow startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frozen desktop, black taskbar without icons and slow startup: So I recently had a problem where my ASUS laptop is taking so long on the startup, and after several minutes, the desktop freezes entirely and the taskbar is completely black except for the bar where you search for things I don't know what is called. Keep in mind, I didn't...
  4. Frozen desktop, black taskbar without icons and slow startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on startup: Whenever I login to my pc, things like discord and steam run on start, and then after about 30 seconds, the screen goes black, and the only way I can get it back to normal is by using the record video shortcut with the Radeon program that came with my GPU submitted by...
  6. Black screen on startup, then after a minute or two desktop appears!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen on startup, then after a minute or two desktop appears!: So i have this laptop for around 3 years now and up until now it has ran pretty smoothly. Until, one day, once i opened my laptop like usual, and signed in on my account using my password i noticed something was odd. It was a black screen issue. I can still move my mouse...
  7. Black screen on startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on startup.: This isn't a major problem, but a minor nuisance. When I restart my laptop not including fast startups or waking from sleep mode there's a black screen that appears after the Windows logo. The only way to bypass it is by closing and reopening my laptop. I think on the black...
  8. Black Screen On Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen On Startup: When I turn on the computer it opens the forst boot-up screen/splash screen but then goes black. I can't see nor access anything. I've tried system restores and resets but still black....
  9. Black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on startup: Idk how this happened, but my pc is fucked. Updated it last night. After the update, I didn't bother using it cuz I wanted to sleep. I used the 'update and shutdown' button from start. Then, this morning, my pc decided to remove the update and then after that I tried using...
  10. Desktop on Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop on Startup: I've been using win10 for a year or more. When I installed it, I set it up to show the desktop like win95 XP. Now when I start up, the new Win10 Tiles appear. I don't know how to get it back. Andy 52231