Windows 10: Black desktop

Discus and support Black desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Why does my desktop become black when I do some things?? it seems to go back to normal when nothing's running but as soon as I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dubl33_27, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Black desktop

Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Black desktop

1. Black desktop - Similar Threads - Black desktop

2. Why are they black?Squeeze on my desktop applications on windows eleven HP 14

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are they black?Squeeze on my desktop applications on windows eleven HP 14: There are squeeze appearing on my desktop applications.After I shut down or restart my laptop. A HP 14 Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-they-blacksqueeze-on-my-desktop/8ed9b924-af17-4359-9ebe-ca975653f838
  3. Why are they black?Squeeze on my desktop applications on windows eleven HP 14

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are they black?Squeeze on my desktop applications on windows eleven HP 14: There are squeeze appearing on my desktop applications.After I shut down or restart my laptop. A HP 14 Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-they-blacksqueeze-on-my-desktop/8ed9b924-af17-4359-9ebe-ca975653f838
  4. how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop: my pc became black screen after reboot. i manage to sign in account then its black already. monitor is working fine. only after the login accout its black screen already....
  5. how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop

how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop: my pc became black screen after reboot. i manage to sign in account then its black already. monitor is working fine. only after the login accout its black screen already....
  6. how to fix black screen after rebooting my desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why my desktop color is black and white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my desktop color is black and white: After updating my Windows 11 the color of my screen turned to black and white. I tried to update display driver and turn off the computer but its the same. Send me an email for the steps....
  8. Why my desktop color is black and white

Why my desktop color is black and white: After updating my Windows 11 the color of my screen turned to black and white. I tried to update display driver and turn off the computer but its the same. Send me an email for the steps....
  9. I need Black Font for Desktop files names!

I need Black Font for Desktop files names!: I'm a Windows user with dyslexia, and I've hit a wall with something that might seem trivial to many but is a significant hurdle for me: reading the white text of desktop file names. I cannot do that anymore. It's 2024, and while Windows has made leaps in various areas, I'm...
  10. I need Black Font for Desktop files names!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need Black Font for Desktop files names!: I'm a Windows user with dyslexia, and I've hit a wall with something that might seem trivial to many but is a significant hurdle for me: reading the white text of desktop file names. I cannot do that anymore. It's 2024, and while Windows has made leaps in various areas, I'm...