Windows 10: Black dot appearing on screen.

Discus and support Black dot appearing on screen. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing on my screen, no matter what application is open/tabbed into. I am not sure of the cause of this, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tyler, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Tyler Win User

Black dot appearing on screen.

Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing on my screen, no matter what application is open/tabbed into. I am not sure of the cause of this, but I have had this issue previously about a year ago and it just went away. Since then I have reinstalled windows on a different drive and upgraded other parts of my computer and I am using a completely different monitor, but it has recently come back. I have tried restarting graphics drivers, updating said drivers, restarting explorer.exe, of course restarting computer, but to no avail. Of course this is not a dead pixel as it shows within a screensh

:)

Tyler, Oct 16, 2021
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Black Dots appears on screen

Hello Kushal,

Black screen errors can be caused by issues with the display adapter drivers, connection issues between with your PC or display, or during installation of operating system or updates.

For resolution, we suggest that you follow our guided walk-through to resolve black screen errors. See
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors. Choose the error you're experiencing from the list,
    and a set of troubleshooting steps will be provided.

Please update us with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Maria Fab, Oct 16, 2021
  3. Black Dots appears on screen

The thread which u provided is when windows hang but in my case it doesn't hang it works fine but as u see in first picture icons,taskbar are displayed

Kushal Bansal, Oct 16, 2021
  4. Black dot appearing on screen.

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

Black dot appearing on screen.

1. Black dot appearing on screen. - Similar Threads - Black dot appearing

2. blue/black/gray rectangle dots keep appearing on my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blue/black/gray rectangle dots keep appearing on my screen: i did most of the stuff i deleted and redownloaded the drivers and it still didnt work i dont know what to do that started randomly happening...
  3. Black screen with loading dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with loading dots: I factory reset my pc. I then tried to log in and it wouldn’t let me. I don’t quite remember what I did to try and fix it but now when my pc tries to boot up it goes to a black screen with a loading circle. I can’t log in. Not can I go into safe mode. I tired and my screen...
  4. Black screen with loading dots

Black screen with loading dots: I factory reset my pc. I then tried to log in and it wouldn’t let me. I don’t quite remember what I did to try and fix it but now when my pc tries to boot up it goes to a black screen with a loading circle. I can’t log in. Not can I go into safe mode. I tired and my screen...
  5. Black screen with loading dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Black dot appearing on screen.

Black dot appearing on screen.: Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing on my screen, no matter what application is open/tabbed into. I am not sure of the cause of this, but I have had this issue previously about a year ago and it just went away. Since then I have reinstalled windows on a different...
  7. Black dot appearing on screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black dot appearing on screen.: Attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing on my screen, no matter what application is open/tabbed into. I am not sure of the cause of this, but I have had this issue previously about a year ago and it just went away. Since then I have reinstalled windows on a different...
  8. Black boxes with colored dots appearing on screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black boxes with colored dots appearing on screen: I bought this laptop and set it up yesterday. Several times now, black boxes filled with colored dots have appeared at random on the screen in different places. They disappear if I highlight text only in the area that was covering text or if I scroll up or down. Attached is a...
  9. Black Screen with circling Dots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with circling Dots: I have been having trouble with windows 10. One of the articles suggested to hold down the start button 3 times and start the PC 3 times. I did and the screen started going through stages of fixing. The Screen went black with the circling dots for the last 6 hours or so. I...
  10. black screen and spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen and spinning dots: I updated my two Windows 10 laptop and got an issue on both of them. At present when I am rebooting my PC, I see spinning circle on the black screen. I tried to restore the system but it didn’t help. Laptops are Dell and Lenovo. I updated to 1809 version...