Windows 10: Black empty desktop windows 10

Discus and support Black empty desktop windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have a dell g5 computer that i had just restarted to get rid of a bunch of files. After setting the computer up again and entering my pin it brought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CoochieWarrior, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Black empty desktop windows 10

i have a dell g5 computer that i had just restarted to get rid of a bunch of files. After setting the computer up again and entering my pin it brought me to a mostly empty black desktop saying it could not find the windows desktop file and that i needed the drive or usb but i never had one that contained the files i need. I still have the recycle bin along with the taskbar which has no browsers. nothing on it will open but the support assistant. I have tried to use safe mode to access/open the windows icon but that didnt work and even going to the boot setting and picking the normal bootup did not work but it gave me a message saying that access was denied to the windows desktop. If you have any info please let me know.

Black empty desktop windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

CoochieWarrior, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Marivel Man, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Black empty desktop windows 10

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Black empty desktop windows 10

1. Black empty desktop windows 10 - Similar Threads - Black empty desktop

2. Desktop is leaving an empty spot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop is leaving an empty spot: My desktop leaves an empty spot where an icon normally is. There is an empty space that normally has an icon but now it is an empty space. Never had this issue before. If install a new program it will fill in the empty space. If I restart my computer, the empty space comes...
  3. Black box on Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Black box on Windows 10 Desktop: Are you seeing a tiny black box on your desktop with no way of closing it? Have you accidentally expanded the tiny black box that appeared on your desktop and feeling it is covering a major portion of your desktop? Then, this is the guide for you to fix it. A small number of...
  4. Empty Files on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Empty Files on Desktop: My computer recently started a weird habit. If I save a file eg: PDF, photo, etc on the desktop, and then I cut and paste the file to another folder, an empty shell of the file remains on the desktop which is not deletable. It gives me the Item Not Found message when I try to...
  5. windows 10 empty desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 empty desktop: [ATTACH] Every time I close my laptop (turn it off without losing the opened apps) and start it again, my desktop is completely empty, restarting will fix this but it still annoys me. Is there a way to completely fix this?...
  6. Empty folder on Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Empty folder on Desktop: For some reason, a folder called "Moba" keeps appearing on my desktop. It is empty but every few days it appears out of nowhere. Anyway to track which programme is creating this? I am running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (Build 19042.746). Thanks https://imgur.com/a/sSSkfjz...
  7. Windows 10, Black screen in desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Black screen in desktop: Hi friends, Suddenly, the black screen appeared in my desktop screen. During that time, internet is connected in desktop from my smart phone and my son, he is downloading a game it seems. Initially, a white curser appeared without blinking but after restart its not...
  8. Empty folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty folder on desktop: I just had an empty folder titled "removeable storage devices" appear on my desktop. I have no idea where it came from. I cannot delete it. Can anybody tell me what it is or why it appeared?...
  9. Desktop empty but there are files in the folder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop empty but there are files in the folder?: So my father has the problem that nothing is displayed on the desktop of his laptop. Even after he reboots. In the files folder under the desktop, the files that are no longer visible are stored normally. Whatever he changed, how do you fix it? It's a Windows 10 laptop if...
  10. Windows 10 black screen - no desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 black screen - no desktop: I recently installed Windows 10 retail on a new Asus Hero vII. Everything worked well for a while and I was able to install software. Now, I suddenly get a black screen on startup. I type in my Pin and I see my usual desktop background photo, but there are no icons. Also,...