Windows 10: Black flashing sceen

Discus and support Black flashing sceen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer screen is black with only the date, time & test icon flashing on the bottom taskbar. Can anyone help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gins52, Oct 11, 2018 at 1:42 PM.

1. gins52 Win User

Black flashing sceen

My computer screen is black with only the date, time & test icon flashing on the bottom taskbar. Can anyone help?

:)

2. Katrina Men Win User

Windows 10 Black sceen

Hi Eric,

A black screen appear if your display driver is not working. Usually, this is fixed if the driver is updated or repaired. We suggest that you follow this

guide
    to troubleshoot this issue. This lists the fixes for the black screen error that you are encountering.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

3. Melchizedek Qui Win User
    Black screen with flashing cursor

Hello Betsy,

A black screen can occur in a number of scenarios on Windows 10, it's possibly caused by the graphics driver, a connection problem between with your computer's display, during an update or installation, etc.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the steps on this article
    to troubleshoot black screen issues on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 13, 2018 at 4:45 AM
  4. Fernandz Win User

Black flashing sceen

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Thema:

Black flashing sceen

1. Black flashing sceen - Similar Threads - Black flashing sceen

2. blue sceen of death

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blue sceen of death: I bought my laptop a few months ago and from the beginning, I received a lot of blue screens of death I checked my PC's hardware and they were healthy I downloaded all compatible drivers from Asus website for my laptop and didn't install any extra program but I still receive...
  3. Flashing black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flashing black screen: Hi I have an issue whereby whenever I click on something or insert a device into the USB drive my laptop screen flashes high contrast colors despite the fact that I have already disabled the feature in the settings menu....
  4. Black Screen and flashing cursor

Black Screen and flashing cursor: I had a malware that opened up ads in edge. I downloaded a malware remover, ran it and then restarted my pc. But it never turned on. I gets stuck at this flashing cursor. What do I do?...
  5. Black screen and flashing taskbar

Black screen and flashing taskbar: Has anyone come up with a resolution for this problem. Black screen and flashing taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/black-screen-and-flashing-taskbar/700d6721-ed67-4ce2-8d77-4beb0935a596
  6. blue sceen at various times

blue sceen at various times: Hello Everyone, I am getting blue screens more frequent since upgrading to windows 10 can you guys help me out?Attachment 31416 16388
  7. Screen Will Flash Black Several Times and Go Black (NOT ON BOOT)

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Will Flash Black Several Times and Go Black (NOT ON BOOT): Brand new Dell desktop with Windows 10 Without warning screen will flash black a few times and then go black. Only way to bring back is turn off and then back on. Happens maybe once a day....seems to be more on IE 11 but that could be because that is where I spend...
  8. Boot to flashing black and white screen...then stopped

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot to flashing black and white screen...then stopped: This is weird. I rebooted and the windows logo showed up but then it went to a flashing black and white screen. I rebooted a few times and the same thing. Then I tried F8 while booting (thinking that would get me to safe mode) and it booted fine. BUT, it didn't look like...
  9. Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists: I have youtubed my face off and scanned these forums trying to find something comparable to what is going on- but all I can find are many people complaining of a flickering screen problem associated with likely underlying driver errors. What is happening for me is the...
  10. acer aspire 7750G black sceen on boot and from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    acer aspire 7750G black sceen on boot and from sleep: I have an Acer 7750G that I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 Home before the upgrade it booted up fine and from sleep fine. Now I get a black screen on boot and from sleep. From sleep it takes 1:17 to wake up to login screen and from shutdown 1:48 to login. 19306