Windows 10: Black flashing sceen

Discus and support Black flashing sceen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer screen is black with only the date, time & test icon flashing on the bottom taskbar. Can anyone help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gins52, Oct 11, 2018.

1. gins52 Win User

Black flashing sceen

My computer screen is black with only the date, time & test icon flashing on the bottom taskbar. Can anyone help?

:)

gins52, Oct 11, 2018

2. Windows 10 Black sceen

Hi Eric,

A black screen appear if your display driver is not working. Usually, this is fixed if the driver is updated or repaired. We suggest that you follow this

guide
    to troubleshoot this issue. This lists the fixes for the black screen error that you are encountering.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Katrina Men, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Black screen with flashing cursor

Hello Betsy,

A black screen can occur in a number of scenarios on Windows 10, it's possibly caused by the graphics driver, a connection problem between with your computer's display, during an update or installation, etc.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the steps on this article
    to troubleshoot black screen issues on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Fernandz Win User

Black flashing sceen

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Black flashing sceen

1. Black flashing sceen - Similar Threads - Black flashing sceen

2. how to change sceen back to black and white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change sceen back to black and white: windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-sceen-back-to-black-and-white/54d6bb64-4df7-4050-a957-920b1a6641f3
  3. how to change sceen back to black and white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change sceen back to black and white: windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-sceen-back-to-black-and-white/54d6bb64-4df7-4050-a957-920b1a6641f3
  4. how to change sceen back to black and white

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. touch sceen not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touch sceen not working: HD Touch screen driver bye mistake unstall now touch screen is not working so how to install hd touch screen driver plase help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-sceen-not-working/9c24a320-ed5a-48f9-8f69-6314aed62e10
  6. Black Sceen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Sceen: So I’m having a problem or maybe a few. 2 Days ago I launched my PC just fine it was working great and then it said it needed to restart for an update and so I updated it. Now when I turn it on it works just fine up until I log in and it turns to a black screen after. It...
  7. Black sceen when signing out/logging off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black sceen when signing out/logging off: Hi, I have started getting a couple of annoying issues. Firstly, intermittently, when signing/logging out I get a 'Black screen' and have to shut down my PC from power button on desk top tower and reboot. Not very computer savvy so no real idea of what the issue is and how...
  8. Start Sceen backgound is black since update 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Sceen backgound is black since update 1903: Why has my start screen back ground on my laptop gone black since update 1903. I have tried to correct it in setting but nothing is helping. The background on the desktop is fine. I also have a Surface Pro 3 and that is fine. I have checked my settings and they are the...
  9. black sceen on monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    black sceen on monitor: occationaly my screen is black and the only solution is to unplug the monitor and plug it back in. That corrects the problem, but it happens quite often. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-sceen-on-monitor/1af76626-63f4-430f-a04f-2ea3d645a740
  10. Loading Operating System black sceen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loading Operating System black sceen: Windows 10, desktop computer - previously upgraded from Windows 7 - 2016??? I was using my computer this morning to look up some information and played a few PC games (everything is scanned for viruses prior to installing). I left the computer on as I planned on using it...