Windows 10: Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists

Discus and support Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have youtubed my face off and scanned these forums trying to find something comparable to what is going on- but all I can find are many people... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RaggedyRose, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists

I have youtubed my face off and scanned these forums trying to find something comparable to what is going on- but all I can find are many people complaining of a flickering screen problem associated with likely underlying driver errors.

What is happening for me is the entire screen flashes between black/whatever was on my screen before. If I click the mouse or tap on the touch screen- it returns to the regular screen for a moment, and then starts flashing again. Sometimes this lasts for 4-5 minutes, other times its 15-30 seconds.

This has been happening since upgrading to windows 10- and I thought it stopped after the November update, but it has just started up again. Twice now the "flash attack" has stopped by the entire computer shutting down completely accompanied by a tiny single pop or click sound.

The device is a Lenovo Yoga Pro 2. I have read all the other "black screen" posts and not found anything similar... Thanks for any advice as to how to troubleshoot this!

Update: 11/19/15 Today, 3 times now, several minutes after 3 separate rounds of black screen flashing while I'm working, the screen on the left side gets a pixilated shadow and color gets off and the screen seems to scoot to the right 3 or 4 quick beats, and then it returns to normal screen view.

:)

RaggedyRose, Nov 18, 2015

2. Lumia 535 - Both Camera not working (even after hard reset)

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did. The problem still persists. I have also tried a few other camera apps on the store. It just shows a black screen. To know if the flash is working or not, I installed torch pro app and tried to on the flash. Unfortunately,
    the flash also didn't work. Both front and back camera including the flash are not working.

JeevanGiddaluru, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Nokia N79 Flshing Screen

I have a problem with my Nokia n79 the screen is flashing it is get black and normal and this flashing period is about 7sec thats mean every 7 sec the screen get black and normal again ....... pls help me with this problem

Omar_Waseen, Nov 18, 2015
  4. dabl Win User

Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists

I am seeing a similar black flashing screen problem on a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 3rd gen 20BSCT01WW.

This seems to have started after the Win 10 Threshold 2 update. My problem is so far limited to my primary (only) external monitor flashing to a black screen and returning a few seconds later. This only happens intermittently.
    The Asus VX238H Display is connected via DVI out from a Lenovo OneLink Pro dock to the HDMI in of the monitor with a DVI to HDMI cable. I haven't experimented looking for the problem on the laptop screen itself since 99% of my use case is connected via dock to external monitors.

Below possibly worth investigating though the problem description is different. I definitely got a recent Synaptics driver update.

blackscreen after windows10 pro build 1511 update - Lenovo Community
    I was able to isolate the cause of our black screen issues as the Synaptics driver for the touchpad. Uninstalling the Synaptics software instantly corrects our issue. Reinstalling it brings it back. I've tried the latest drivers from Lenovo (19.0.17.22) and the latest from Synaptics (19.0.19.1) and all produced the black screen.

Also found the below

ThinkPad Pro Dock, ThinkPad Ultra Dock, or ThinkPad OneLink Pro Dock - External Monitors

dabl, Dec 1, 2015
  5. hi.. new to this help site...and not sure using correctly...please excuse...but, I have a black flickering screen as well upon start-up ...the screen is flickering black with an about 1/4" white flickering line at the top...sometimes includes the bottom of screen as well... comes and goes as it pleases...the always returns... need to know how to fix...and I am an old gal with most limited skill ...please go easy on any help or criticism you may want of offer

greneldajane, Feb 10, 2016
  6. First allow me to apologize if using this incorrectly... windows 10 HP pavilion... have a flickering black screen on start-up that corrects itself then re-occurs at various times... there is a 1/4" white flickering line on top of black flickering screen and at times also on bottom of screen. Have had Windows 10 since first offered and have had no trouble until this began a week ago... I have read and read again all the self-help and honestly do not understand... I have most limited computer skill and called HP for help... would cost me 139. for online help...I am an old gal living on minimum set income and declined their offer. Hoping this forum will be able to help me. I would appreciate any simply explained step-by-step instructions on correcting this black screen flickering issue. Thank you for any consideration.

greneldajane, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists

1. Black Flashing Screen Problem Persists - Similar Threads - Black Flashing Screen

2. Persistent Black Screen Issue on Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Persistent Black Screen Issue on Windows: I am writing to seek assistance with a recurring issue I have been experiencing since the end of 2022. The problem persists across both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and occurs under specific circumstances involving my display and sleep mode.Issue Description:Whenever Windows...
  3. black flashing screen

in Windows 10 Support
    black flashing screen: so a while ago l posted what l thought to be a discord issue, but now l think its a windows issue.. basically my screen would turn off/flash while playing on a certain game while on discord or only just using discord.. a few days back l decided to check power settings.. and...
  4. Screen Flashing Black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flashing Black: My screen turns black whenever my mouse is over something that can be clicked. This only occurs after my computer wakes up from being asleep. If it has been powered down it is fine....
  5. Black Screen flashes on screen

Black Screen flashes on screen: Hi,I am suffering from Black screen flashes in display ,after this the display turns complete black and the cpu light starts to blink .After this,Even if I try to restart the pc,cpu doesn't start and continue to blink the light,so I have to leave the pc, complete turn off...
  6. Screen Flashes Black

Screen Flashes Black: My screen randomly flashes black for a few seconds, then returns to normal. Initially thought it was Firefox, but also does it using Chrome. No real pattern that I can find...seems random, sometimes going for hours without doing it and others multiple times in a row....
  7. Persistent black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Persistent black screen: Title should be self-explanatory; black screen, nothing showing up. RX 580, monitor is an MSI Optix G27C2. When I boot my PC, everything goes as normal, it shows the Windows logo and those loading circles, but afterwards it just goes black and nothing shows. I've tried:...
  8. Screen flashing black

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen flashing black: Good day, I have recently started using my laptop and for some reason my screen will go black for a second and then immediately come back on when I press anything. I've noticed it happens almost every single time in Word whenever I drag two fingers along the trackpad, and...
  9. Black Screen Flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen Flashing: Hello ! Now I am not sure if this is strictly related to windows , it's just a thought ... For a few weeks I keep getting black screen from time to time , it just lasts 1-2 seconds but it's annoying as hell . I've tried updating and reinstalling my graphic card but nothing...
  10. Flashing black screen

Flashing black screen: Hi I have an issue whereby whenever I click on something or insert a device into the USB drive my laptop screen flashes high contrast colors despite the fact that I have already disabled the feature in the settings menu....