Windows 10: Black flickering screen upon restart

Discus and support Black flickering screen upon restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am seeing black flickering screen upon restart. I tried F8 and nothing seems happening, it's just have the black flickering screen. Please help as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SByju, Apr 10, 2019.

1. SByju Win User

Black flickering screen upon restart

I am seeing black flickering screen upon restart. I tried F8 and nothing seems happening, it's just have the black flickering screen. Please help as I need this laptop for school tomorrow.

:)

SByju, Apr 10, 2019

2. photoshop cs6 black screen flickering issues

For all those people who face this error please find below the easiest solution for this error.

1. First of all click on the Catalyst Control Center.
    2. Now click on ‘3D Application Settings’.
    3. All you have to do is change the ‘Wait for Vertical Refresh’ option to ‘On, unless application specifies’.

If you are not able to fix the issue using the steps given above and wanna try some other effective methods visit : Windows 8 and Photoshop CS6 Black Screen Flickering

Bhupesh Nimje, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 10, 2019
  4. SUI
    Sui Win User

Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

Thema:

1. Black flickering screen upon restart - Similar Threads - Black flickering screen

2. Screen Flickering Black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering Black: My screen has been flickering black for about a second several times a day for a few weeks now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver, and tried Ctrl + Shift + Windows + B. I also have checked for any necessary updates in both the "Check For Updates" Windows...
  3. Screen Flickering Black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering Black: My screen has been flickering black for about a second several times a day for a few weeks now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver, and tried Ctrl + Shift + Windows + B. I also have checked for any necessary updates in both the "Check For Updates" Windows...
  4. Black/flickering screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black/flickering screen: When I start up my computer it shows a black screen after I login. I tried to use safe mode and it shows a flickering screen and I can’t click on any apps while task manager is fine. It all started around the windows 11 upgrade....
  5. Black/flickering screen

Black/flickering screen: When I start up my computer it shows a black screen after I login. I tried to use safe mode and it shows a flickering screen and I can’t click on any apps while task manager is fine. It all started around the windows 11 upgrade....
  6. Screen flickers and goes black

Screen flickers and goes black: So, my device keeps flickering sometimes when It's play a game or just don't do anything on it for a while. When I am on it for a while it starts flickering like its glitching and goes black. The only way I can see my screen is using my monitor. on the monitor screen it...
  7. Screen goes black and flickers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black and flickers: Hi, for the past year I've been having problems with my screen. Sometimes the screen will go black with weird coloured lines for a few seconds, then the screen goes to normal and flickers. Now I've notices that it isn't always the whole screen that flickers. Sometimes its...
  8. Black screen and flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and flickering: Ever since installing a recent windows update I’ve been having this issue, I’ve tried uninstalling the update and updating to an even newer version, same with my drivers, the issue also causes 100% gpu usage, I’ve tried many fixes with nothing working....
  9. Black screen upon starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen upon starting: Hi people, i updated my laptop with recent update 1903, it was working fine until today. Its battery depleted completely today and after a while i put it on charging. But when i tried to start it, it just became black screen with nothing and caps lock key blinking...
  10. Crashing upon boot, screens flickering on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crashing upon boot, screens flickering on and off: Hello, been having windows 10 for a while now, just recently I started having an issue upon boot. I'm having a little problems explaining the issue, so searching up solutions have proved difficult. I get as far as to the windows icon, next should be the login screen, then...