Windows 10: == black folder and icon windows 10 ==

Discus and support == black folder and icon windows 10 == in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i just got some errors, when i try to browse something in some applications, i got my folders and files become black or blank. i try to rebuild my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cimeng, Jan 27, 2017.

1. cimeng Win User

== black folder and icon windows 10 ==

i just got some errors, when i try to browse something in some applications, i got my folders and files become black or blank. i try to rebuild my iconcache, but still not working.
    it's annoying me.
    can anyone give me any solutions?

:)

cimeng, Jan 27, 2017
  2. joodie101 Win User

File Explorer: Black background on Windows 10 folders

When I display folders in "medium icons" or "large icons" or "extra large icons" view, some of them have black backgrounds; others have white backgrounds. Why is this? And how can I make them all white?

Original Title: windows 10 folders

joodie101, Jan 27, 2017
  3. UrsaTech Win User
    File Explorer: Black background on Windows 10 folders

To fix this without resorting to third party sites, using only the Windows 10 Properties for each folder...

Right Click on Folder which has black background

Select Properties

Select Customize

Select Change Icon

Select Restore Defaults

Select Apply.

Folder icon is corrected!

UrsaTech, Jan 27, 2017
  4. == black folder and icon windows 10 ==

Welcome to the TenForums @cimeng

Assuming you have your restore points enabled I would restore to an earlier point in time, using system restore.

Before I did that I would review my Windows update history to see what was installed in the last few days or since the issue started. Note any drivers.

I would also ensure I had boot media which can be created by typing recovery drive in Cortana. You likely need an 8GB USB key, some systems require more, some less. Windows tell you.

It would also be a good idea to review and use Macrium Reflect to Image your system. It is free, reliable and a quick way to go back in time to a working version.

Caledon Ken, Jan 27, 2017
Thema:

== black folder and icon windows 10 ==

1. == black folder and icon windows 10 == - Similar Threads - black folder icon

2. Black Background of Folder Icons in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Background of Folder Icons in Explorer?: Hello, I am currently running Windows 11 on my system the new version 23H2 For about two weeks or so now I have began to notice that when I go into my Download Folder - my Folders have a black box background only on some of them. As you can see by the image below. A few steps...
  3. Black Background of Folder Icons in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Background of Folder Icons in Explorer?: Hello, I am currently running Windows 11 on my system the new version 23H2 For about two weeks or so now I have began to notice that when I go into my Download Folder - my Folders have a black box background only on some of them. As you can see by the image below. A few steps...
  4. Settings folder/icon has black X on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings folder/icon has black X on it: The settings folder/icon when in taskbar search box, and top apps has a black X on it now. Picture tells it all. I've tried deleting Icon cache, plus doing it thru command prompt. SFC scan did find corrupt files and fixed them, but it still remains. I read something about a...
  5. Settings folder/icon has black X on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings folder/icon has black X on it: The settings folder/icon when in taskbar search box, and top apps has a black X on it now. Picture tells it all. I've tried deleting Icon cache, plus doing it thru command prompt. SFC scan did find corrupt files and fixed them, but it still remains. I read something about a...
  6. Settings folder/icon has black X on it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Icons turn black in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Icons turn black in Windows 10: If your Desktop or Explorer file or folder icons turn black or gray in Windows 10, then this post is sure to interest you. I rebooted my PC today and was surprised to see such black icons for many of my folders. The only change I had made was installing Windows Updates a day...
  8. Changing the folder icon to Classic Windows Folder icon on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the folder icon to Classic Windows Folder icon on Windows 10: I want to continue to use what I believe Microsft called Classic Windows Folder icon for data folders. It's the plain rectangular manila folder with the label tab in the upper left- or right-hand corner. I have had Win 10 64bit for several years and just noticed yesterday...
  9. Black background behind Folder icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Black background behind Folder icons in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows 10 File Explorer provides a variety of ways to organize the contents of files and folders of the system. The Window users can use some efficient styles to view the contents of the file system as per the user’s [...] This post Black background behind Folder...
  10. Some Folder Icons have a Black Background

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Folder Icons have a Black Background: I think since the latest Windows 10 update some of my icons have a black background to them, sometimes they don't *update*. [img] What could be causing this? I've tried deleting the thumbnail cache using CCleaner and Disk Cleaner but that didn't seem to help. Any...