Windows 10: == black folder and icon windows 10 ==

Discus and support == black folder and icon windows 10 == in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i just got some errors, when i try to browse something in some applications, i got my folders and files become black or blank. i try to rebuild my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cimeng, Jan 27, 2017.

1. cimeng Win User

== black folder and icon windows 10 ==

i just got some errors, when i try to browse something in some applications, i got my folders and files become black or blank. i try to rebuild my iconcache, but still not working.
    it's annoying me.
    can anyone give me any solutions?

:)

cimeng, Jan 27, 2017
  2. joodie101 Win User

File Explorer: Black background on Windows 10 folders

When I display folders in "medium icons" or "large icons" or "extra large icons" view, some of them have black backgrounds; others have white backgrounds. Why is this? And how can I make them all white?

Original Title: windows 10 folders

joodie101, Jan 27, 2017
  3. UrsaTech Win User
    File Explorer: Black background on Windows 10 folders

To fix this without resorting to third party sites, using only the Windows 10 Properties for each folder...

Right Click on Folder which has black background

Select Properties

Select Customize

Select Change Icon

Select Restore Defaults

Select Apply.

Folder icon is corrected!

UrsaTech, Jan 27, 2017
  4. == black folder and icon windows 10 ==

Welcome to the TenForums @cimeng

Assuming you have your restore points enabled I would restore to an earlier point in time, using system restore.

Before I did that I would review my Windows update history to see what was installed in the last few days or since the issue started. Note any drivers.

I would also ensure I had boot media which can be created by typing recovery drive in Cortana. You likely need an 8GB USB key, some systems require more, some less. Windows tell you.

It would also be a good idea to review and use Macrium Reflect to Image your system. It is free, reliable and a quick way to go back in time to a working version.

Caledon Ken, Jan 27, 2017
Thema:

== black folder and icon windows 10 ==

1. == black folder and icon windows 10 == - Similar Threads - black folder icon

2. Changing the folder icon to Classic Windows Folder icon on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the folder icon to Classic Windows Folder icon on Windows 10: I want to continue to use what I believe Microsft called Classic Windows Folder icon for data folders. It's the plain rectangular manila folder with the label tab in the upper left- or right-hand corner. I have had Win 10 64bit for several years and just noticed yesterday...
  3. Black icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black icons: Hello, in my home screen instead of the normal icons I see a black square, I don't see it for the computer and trash can though. The shortcuts still work though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-icons/9366ed51-7c12-4519-822d-c011faaebf7a
  4. Windows Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Folder Icons: Hi, I am wondering why I see different folder icons in my windows installations. I have windows 10 home installed on my desktop and windows 10 pro installed on a laptop. Both of these are relatively new, with no customization and are up to date. In addition I verified that...
  5. Black background behind Folder icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Black background behind Folder icons in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows 10 File Explorer provides a variety of ways to organize the contents of files and folders of the system. The Window users can use some efficient styles to view the contents of the file system as per the user’s [...] This post Black background behind Folder...
  6. Windows 10 folder CUSTOM icon

Windows 10 folder CUSTOM icon: Hi, I am new, so apologies if this is the wrong area to post in, I have set a 'Custom icon' via the folder properties file (Select folder, Right click, properties,etc) and I can see the image I want but it is surrounded by a folder still I was wondering if there is a fix or...
  7. Changing Folder Icons In Windows 10

Changing Folder Icons In Windows 10: So as many people may agree, the icons in Windows 10 look absolutely hideous. I have found an Icon pack I would like to use & I have successfully changed Icons such as Recycle Bin, My PC, My Network but when it comes to the Documents, Movies, Pictures, Download folders...
  8. Some Folder Icons have a Black Background

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Folder Icons have a Black Background: I think since the latest Windows 10 update some of my icons have a black background to them, sometimes they don't *update*. [img] What could be causing this? I've tried deleting the thumbnail cache using CCleaner and Disk Cleaner but that didn't seem to help. Any...
  9. Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Folder Icon in Windows 10: Lots of good icons in C:\Windows\System32\imageres.dll 3963
  10. Black Square behind some of my Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Square behind some of my Folder Icons: Hi, I just had this problem earlier. I had this Folder that has a Black Square behind it. I tried refreshing and it didn't work. I tried moving my files from that folder into another it worked. Deleting it and After refreshing, 4 folders have been affected by this problem....