Windows 10: Black Folder Properties

Discus and support Black Folder Properties in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. Not sure what went wrong. Since I updated I get the following when I look at a folder's properties. [img] I use the dark theme. It doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by seanp2500, Nov 25, 2020.

1. seanp2500 Win User

Black Folder Properties

Hi. Not sure what went wrong. Since I updated I get the following when I look at a folder's properties.

Black Folder Properties [​IMG]

I use the dark theme. It doesn't matter if I change to light though. Properties still is black in body portion of window. Please help. I have vision issues. I cannot read it.

:)

seanp2500, Nov 25, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Enfield Win User
    VMWare VMs Black Screen - Windows 10 3D Accelerator - Graphic Properties not available

I am running Windows 10 Build 1803 build Citrix Desktops. I am trying to change the properties of the Windows 10 box so that I can turn off 3D Graphic properties as VMs are all in black screen mode. So, based on the suggestions by most of them, it looks
    like we have to turn off the 3D Hardware acceleration. When I right click on the desktop, I get only Display Settings and Personalize option and if I go into Display settings, i do not get to see the options for 3D graphic acceleration as mentioned in the
    below steps As, I do not see Graphic properties at all.

So, how can I turn it off or what else can be done as these are Citrix Desktops that are showing black screen. So, either you have to boot them serveral times or shut down and bring it up and sometimes they come up to the logon screen and show the windows
    screen or else they are black screen. Clicking on CTRL+ALT+DEL also has issues sometime it brings up the logon window or else none. Just plain black screen.

In order to disable 3D hardware acceleration, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

1. Right click on the desktop and select Graphics properties.
    2. Select Basic Mode and hit OK.
    3. Go to the 3D option.
    4. You can disable 3D graphics acceleration from this screen.
    Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Enfield, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Black Folder Properties

Folder properties lists more files than actually in folder

If you say so.

Now please do this:

• Create a shortcut for cmd.exe on your desktop.
    • Right-click it, then left-click Run as administrator. You will get a black frame.
    • Type these commands and press Enter after each:

cd /d "D:\Users\Chaos Black\Chaos Black"

dir /a-d /s /b /p music
    • Check the total number of files. Does it agree with the number shown in the folder properties? If so, did the command display file names you did not see before?

Frederik Long, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Black Folder Properties

1. Black Folder Properties - Similar Threads - Black Folder Properties

2. No security tab in folder properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No security tab in folder properties: Recently I installed a gameHalo Infinity from Microsoft Store but later decided to uninstall it. But I am unable to remove it from my computer. It got installed it in one of my secondary drives. Now I have a folder named Program Files which I am unable to delete. It says I...
  3. folder properties not shown

folder properties not shown: No folder properties not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-properties-not-shown/96bf9220-ef04-470f-a9ca-98161581bc40
  4. Folder Properties

Folder Properties: I'm unable to change the properties on any of my folders within Windows 10. As an example I have hundreds of music folders so I'd like to optimise them for Music, but can't change them from the 'General' default. This must have been triggered by an update at some point as I...
  5. Folder / Properties / Location

Folder / Properties / Location: I am trying to edit the folder's Location in Properties. The Location tab is there. It shows the folder's location path, but I am not able to edit it. The cursor will move around in the box, but it does not permit me to make any changes....
  6. Folder > Properties > Location

Folder > Properties > Location: When I select the folder properties and go to the Location tab, I cannot change the location. Is that some type of Permissions issue or is there some other trick to change the Location path? ty...
  7. Folder size in disk properties and folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder size in disk properties and folder properties: I've just moved data from three HDs to one 8Tb hard drive. Everything is there, but the folder size reporting is weird, just weird. See attached...single top level folder is reported as 465Gb - folders within that are larger are reported as such (see pic 5 of 5 in the zip). I...
  8. Black lines on Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Black lines on Properties: This problem happened yesterday (see attached image). Everything was normal after restarting my computer. I ran chksdk and a full IS scan with no problems. All is back to normal now. Any ideas of what this could have been? [img] 112361
  9. Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Properties: Hello, On my pc I have many music files, located in different folders. When I open a new folder and populate it with audio files, immediately in the upper bar are descriptions as on attached screenshot. Even when I change the folder's properties from "music" to "General",...
  10. NAS Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    NAS Folder Properties: I have 2 NAS devices connected on my LAN. the view on the contents of the folders on the NAS is set to "Details". But almost every time after a shutdown (computer and NAS) the view changes to "Large Icons". This doesn't happen with my C drive and connected SATA drive. Why...