Windows 10: Black font color in desktop icons

Discus and support Black font color in desktop icons in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://ibb.co/gPJNH5z I prefer to use white font but W10 automatically switches to black. I can solve it by doing this process: right click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PitoKnife, May 18, 2020.

1. Black font color in desktop icons

https://ibb.co/gPJNH5z

I prefer to use white font but W10 automatically switches to black. I can solve it by doing this process: right click on desktop>personalize>then switch from "image" to "solid color" and then back to "image". The thing is that eventually the font returns to black. How can i fix this permanently? Thank you.

submitted by /u/PitoKnife
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PitoKnife, May 18, 2020
  2. Geek3h Win User

How to change desktop icon font color to black on windows 10

I have search the internet on this and nothing seem to work, i even saw a blog post saying i should change background color to solid and pick orange and then select my wallpaper, yet still didn't change my font color to black. I actually have a white background
    image set as my wallpaper in my desktop making unreadable my app icon text as they as white fonts. Please how can i change windows 10 desktop icon font color to black?

Geek3h, May 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Desktop Shortcuts' Colors

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, provide us the operating system that is installed on your PC?

If you want to change the color of a desktops shortcut font (text), then follow the below steps.

Step 1: Right click on an empty space on the desktop and click on 'Personalize'.

Step 2: It gives you the choice between Picture, Solid, or Slideshow under
    Background, choose 'Solid' under drop-down list.

Step 3: Set the color to Orange and this will make the shortcut icon text Black.

Step 4: After the above steps, you can set your background image as your choice and the icon font will remain black.

NOTE: You can only change the font color to either White or Black.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 23, 2020
  4. Black font color in desktop icons

Font colors on desktop.

Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop icons in Windows 10??

MikeHunter_RTT, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Black font color in desktop icons

1. Black font color in desktop icons - Similar Threads - Black font color

2. Font color on icons windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font color on icons windows 10 desktop: Hej Microsoft/Windows 10.I have tried to change the color of text on icons on Windows 10 desktop, and it seems difficult.If I do it through Large Constrast in Advanced settings it changes all colors, including background, highlighted text etc. I have also tried follow some...
  3. Font color on icons windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font color on icons windows 10 desktop: Hej Microsoft/Windows 10.I have tried to change the color of text on icons on Windows 10 desktop, and it seems difficult.If I do it through Large Constrast in Advanced settings it changes all colors, including background, highlighted text etc. I have also tried follow some...
  4. Desktop Icon Font Color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon Font Color: I am blind in my right eye and the vision in my left eye is fading, I need to somehow change the color of the desktop icon font. I have increased the size of the icons as much as I can but the font is still white and I can't read it without a magnifier. Please help me...
  5. Desktop Icon Font Color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon Font Color: I am blind in my right eye and the vision in my left eye is fading, I need to somehow change the color of the desktop icon font. I have increased the size of the icons as much as I can but the font is still white and I can't read it without a magnifier. Please help me...
  6. Desktop Icon Font Color

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to change the Desktop Icon font color

How to change the Desktop Icon font color: The font color of desktop icons doesn't change even after trying every solution found on the Internet. I have tried to make the background-color orange and remove the shadows of the texts. [ATTACH] And even after setting the desktop background to white, the font is still...
  8. How to change desktop icon font color

How to change desktop icon font color: Hi, I have winaero tweaker, and don't see how to change icon/shortcut font color. Could someone help with tweaker or in the registry editor? I have windows 10 1903. I see "desktop colors - which setting applies to icon font color? thanks...
  9. How to change desktop icon font color to black on windows 10

How to change desktop icon font color to black on windows 10: I have search the internet on this and nothing seem to work, i even saw a blog post saying i should change background color to solid and pick orange and then select my wallpaper, yet still didn't change my font color to black. I actually have a white background image set as...
  10. Change Desktop icon font color

Change Desktop icon font color: I've tried the changing background to Orange, etc and it doesn't work for me. Somewhere, it was mentioned about changing to orange then changing back. Followed the procedure and it didn't work.Would like to change to black. Pete 78333

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change desktop icon lettering from white to black windows 10

2. black icon font windows

3. change desktop icon text color to white windows 10