Windows 10: Black Fonts on desktop

Discus and support Black Fonts on desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; We just purchased a dell laptop at my workplace and i noticed that the font, below desktop icons is clean black..i thought it was the bright orange... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sgnyuflef, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Black Fonts on desktop

We just purchased a dell laptop at my workplace and i noticed that the font, below desktop icons is clean black..i thought it was the bright orange wallpaper sooo i tried the orange one on my laptop and my tower pc but the font wont change from white shadowed to black...tried almost every settings, looked up in registry, blogs and whatsoever but nothing. please heeelp

submitted by /u/sgnyuflef
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sgnyuflef, Oct 15, 2020

2. Change the font of my desktop icons

Hi Domi,

Windows 10 make it easier for you to personalize your computer by going to the Settings app. Some options from Control Panel has been moved to the Settings app just to bring all the settings under one roof.

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Themes.
    • Under Themes, select Theme settings.
    • On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.
    To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click View.
    • Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 15, 2020
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 15, 2020
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Black Fonts on desktop

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Black Fonts on desktop

1. Black Fonts on desktop - Similar Threads - Black Fonts desktop

2. I need Black Font for Desktop files names!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need Black Font for Desktop files names!: I'm a Windows user with dyslexia, and I've hit a wall with something that might seem trivial to many but is a significant hurdle for me: reading the white text of desktop file names. I cannot do that anymore. It's 2024, and while Windows has made leaps in various areas, I'm...
  3. I need Black Font for Desktop files names!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need Black Font for Desktop files names!: I'm a Windows user with dyslexia, and I've hit a wall with something that might seem trivial to many but is a significant hurdle for me: reading the white text of desktop file names. I cannot do that anymore. It's 2024, and while Windows has made leaps in various areas, I'm...
  4. Need icons on desktop in Black colour font.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need icons on desktop in Black colour font.: Hi there, can you please advise how can I change the font colour from White to Black for the icons on my desktop?? currently they are White with a background shading of black. I dont need the shading just want the icons in black font. We have Windows 10 and Office 365 in our...
  5. Desktop apps have black font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop apps have black font: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/S3cr3t1ng [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mbufuj/desktop_apps_have_black_font/
  6. Black font color in desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black font color in desktop icons: https://ibb.co/gPJNH5z I prefer to use white font but W10 automatically switches to black. I can solve it by doing this process: right click on desktop>personalize>then switch from "image" to "solid color" and then back to "image". The thing is that eventually the font...
  7. desktop font black

desktop font black: ive had more issues on windows 10 then ever before in my entire life,I just did a system refresh ,due to more problems I was having.it worked ,and fixed the original issue,But now all the desktop text is black,and I have a black background,so cant see the text.It was white...
  8. Desktop fonts

Desktop fonts: I am having trouble seeing the fonts on my desktop. Is there a way these can be changed to say, black? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-fonts/9712dee9-10b4-4f42-9440-3406416a9725
  9. Desktop font

Desktop font: How do I change font for desktop icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-font/cc2f3ce2-3a33-462c-ba26-53f483066ebd
  10. Changing font and font size on desktop

Changing font and font size on desktop: How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-and-font-size-on-desktop/76529b09-798a-4dc6-bfba-eca382f2a8d4