Windows 10: Black frozen screen when switching users - Windows 10

Discus and support Black frozen screen when switching users - Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently starting getting a "frozen" black screen when changing users - Windows 10. I have to do a hard shut down to restart the computer. I've... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Howard N, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Howard N Win User

Black frozen screen when switching users - Windows 10

I recently starting getting a "frozen" black screen when changing users - Windows 10. I have to do a hard shut down to restart the computer. I've checked both the display adapter and monitor drivers in device manager which did not need updating as suggested on other posts.

Any advice would be appreciated...very frustrating.

:)

Howard N, Apr 30, 2020

2. Can't switch between users on Windows 10 gets black screen upon switching users

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To isolate this issue, I suggest you to create another user account and try to switch between your current user account and the new use account and check if you are facing the same issue.

You can refer to the link below for more information on how to create new user account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8
    Note: Applies to Windows 10.

If you are still getting the black screen error while switching between users, Kindly try the steps given in the following link and check if it helps:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Black screen while switching user account.

Hello Raider,

As per the query, while switching the users in your PC ends with black screen. And it even persists after a restart.

- What is the make and model of your computer ?

We recommend you to refer the steps Black screen and not signed in to Windows” in the below article to fix the black screen issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Keep us informed with the status of the issue.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Black frozen screen when switching users - Windows 10

Black screen when I switch users on Windows 10

Hello,

Black screen issues can be related to display drivers, updates, or a connection issue. For us to resolve this, can you let us know if this issue happens before or after you sign in to Windows 10? As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you refer
    to this support article on
    how to troubleshoot black screen issues
    . You can choose which option applies to your concern and follow the troubleshooting steps as suggested.

Let us know if there is anything else. We'll be glad to help.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Black frozen screen when switching users - Windows 10

1. Black frozen screen when switching users - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Black frozen screen

2. Windows 10 Frozen taskbar and black screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Frozen taskbar and black screen.: Hello everyone, this is not a question but an extremely useful tip I got on my own when I had the taskbar option frozen and never worked and I tried all the possible solutions. That is besides the pc reset optionSo for my case on my windows 10 all I had to do was try to get...
  3. Windows 10 Frozen taskbar and black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Frozen taskbar and black screen.: Hello everyone, this is not a question but an extremely useful tip I got on my own when I had the taskbar option frozen and never worked and I tried all the possible solutions. That is besides the pc reset optionSo for my case on my windows 10 all I had to do was try to get...
  4. Windows 10 Frozen taskbar and black screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Fixing a black screen when switching applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixing a black screen when switching applications: Ok so I have a problem where I'll start a game, like fortnite, rocket league, or valorant, and when I want to switch to spotify or discord, it'll give me a black screen for like 3 seconds. Then when I go back into the game it'll give me another black screen. Btw, this started...
  6. black screen with cursor after switching user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    black screen with cursor after switching user: When I try to switch to my signed in user account, I get a black screen with a cursor. I am unable to bring up task manager and have to hard reset. This has been happening since the last update. Windows 10 Pro...
  7. Black Screen With Frozen Cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Frozen Cursor: Hello, I've just Installed Windows 10 on a newly assembled PC. My update was turned off. On the first day around 4th time when I shut down my PC, It was stuck on a black screen with frozen cursor and keyboard didn't work. I had to restart my PC by long pressing the Power...
  8. Windows 10 update caused black unresponsive screen when switching users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update caused black unresponsive screen when switching users: Since the Windows 10 update on 2-6-2020 by desktop monitor goes to an unresponsive black screen when I try to switch users. I have to hard shut down my computer to restart. I found I can work around the problem by signing off as a user before switching users but this is not...
  9. Temporary black screen while switching users

Temporary black screen while switching users: Hello. New windows10 Lenovo. When switching users get a black screen that can last upto 20seconds. I don't know if this is just a slow computer i3 with ssd or its a windows feature. Is the screen that comes up *while switching users* configurable - to something other than...
  10. Multi user switching-Black screen waiting problem

Multi user switching-Black screen waiting problem: After entering the system for the first time, operate quickly: for example, create a local user and a network user, or Microsoft account, and then switch users. Low probability of encountering black screen in the process of switching users. From the current analysis of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. switch user blank display

2. windows 10 switch user black screen

3. win 10 switch user black screen