Windows 10: Black icons

Discus and support Black icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, in my home screen instead of the normal icons I see a black square, I don't see it for the computer and trash can though. The shortcuts still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FilipLhotka, May 7, 2019.

1. Black icons

Hello, in my home screen instead of the normal icons I see a black square, I don't see it for the computer and trash can though. The shortcuts still work though.

:)

FilipLhotka, May 7, 2019
  2. Flava0ne Win User

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I created an icon a while back to suggest it for replacement with a black PCB.

Flava0ne, May 7, 2019
  3. black icons

So i recently looked into how to remove those shortcut arrows and stumbled upon this registry edit:

REG ADD “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons” /v 29 /d %SystemRoot%\System32\shell32.dll,50 /f

after applying this and restarting the computer, my windows 7 now has black icons. Its not black boxes over the icons, its straight up the icon is black. when i refresh, i can see for a milisecond the real icon. Anyone know how to fix this besides a system restore? (i don't have any restore points *Bang Head :bangheadBlack icons :)

Edit and I also went into the registry and went to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer, and clicked on "link" and edited the value for it to 0000 00 00 00 00

not sure if that also contributed to this problem.

Darkgundam111, May 7, 2019
  4. temp02 Win User

Black icons

black icons

Try rebuilding the Windows icon cache:
    • Close all explorer/folder windows that are currently open;
    • Run/Open a new Console window as Administrator;
    • Launch "Task Manager" using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, or by running taskmgr.exe;
    • In the Process tab, right-click on the explorer.exe process and select End Process.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type the commands one by one and press ENTER after each command:
      Code: CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local ATTRIB -H IconCache.db DEL IconCache.db EXIT[/quote]
    • Close the Console;
    • In Task Manager, click File, select New Task (Run…), type explorer.exe, and click OK.
    • Close the Task Manager;

temp02, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Black icons

1. Black icons - Similar Threads - Black icons

2. Three problems Wi-Fi icon not popping up, computer randomly black screening, computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Three problems Wi-Fi icon not popping up, computer randomly black screening, computer...: Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/three-problems-wi-fi-icon-not-popping-up-computer/71fa9fb4-75fb-4f14-b2b9-8b4fa4fc2959
  3. Three problems Wi-Fi icon not popping up, computer randomly black screening, computer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Three problems Wi-Fi icon not popping up, computer randomly black screening, computer...: Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/three-problems-wi-fi-icon-not-popping-up-computer/71fa9fb4-75fb-4f14-b2b9-8b4fa4fc2959
  4. How do I fix PNG thumbnail icons showing a black background in OneDrive Personal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix PNG thumbnail icons showing a black background in OneDrive Personal?: I create products for teachers and students using clipart. I recently began using OneDrive Personal to house my extensive clipart collection. However, all the PNG icons/thumbnails appear in Windows Explorer with a black background.For example, I have an entire folder of...
  5. How do I fix PNG thumbnail icons showing a black background in OneDrive Personal?

How do I fix PNG thumbnail icons showing a black background in OneDrive Personal?: I create products for teachers and students using clipart. I recently began using OneDrive Personal to house my extensive clipart collection. However, all the PNG icons/thumbnails appear in Windows Explorer with a black background.For example, I have an entire folder of...
  6. How do I fix my missing icons and black screen flickering.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my missing icons and black screen flickering.: Hi, Today I booted up my PC to my screen Icons being missing and every time I attempt to right click or perform any sort of input my screen flickers to black and then restores itself. The only app I can access is Task Manager but any form of input isn’t registered and freezes...
  7. How do I fix my missing icons and black screen flickering.

How do I fix my missing icons and black screen flickering.: Hi, Today I booted up my PC to my screen Icons being missing and every time I attempt to right click or perform any sort of input my screen flickers to black and then restores itself. The only app I can access is Task Manager but any form of input isn’t registered and freezes...
  8. How do I fix my missing icons and black screen flickering.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Constant black square over desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant black square over desktop icons: Hello, I have 2 computers that are constantly facing the same exact issues. Everytime I boot them, my desktop icons have black squares on them. There are quick fixes I have found that just put a bandaid on the problem such as using disk cleanup to delete temporary files and...
  10. Constant black square over desktop icons

Constant black square over desktop icons: Hello, I have 2 computers that are constantly facing the same exact issues. Everytime I boot them, my desktop icons have black squares on them. There are quick fixes I have found that just put a bandaid on the problem such as using disk cleanup to delete temporary files and...