Windows 10: Black image mystery

Discus and support Black image mystery in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my local network, I have two PCs, both running Win10 and display adapters updated. Therefore, I’m able to reach the same file from both machines... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ilyazeld, Jul 1, 2021.

1. ilyazeld Win User

Black image mystery

On my local network, I have two PCs, both running Win10 and display adapters updated. Therefore, I’m able to reach the same file from both machines simultaneously. Today I got surprised… Using File Explorer on both machines I opened one of the folders with images of different formats, JPG, PNG, BMP, etc. To my astonishment, on machine “A” one PNG image was black, while on machine “B” the same image was normal I switched to display using large icons! Then, on machine “A”, I used both Photos and Irfan apps, but the image would not open and remain black. However, using the same apps on machine

:)

ilyazeld, Jul 1, 2021
  2. Drone Win User

Space images thread

Black image mystery [​IMG]

• Evidence that some early supermassive black holes formed directly from the collapse of a gas cloud has been found.
    • These results could represent a major step in the understanding of how the Universe's first giant black holes formed.
    • Two candidate black hole "seeds" have been identified, possibly at < 1 billion years after the Big Bang.
    • Astronomers combined data from Chandra, Hubble, and Spitzer to make this discovery.

Drone, Jul 1, 2021
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jul 1, 2021
  4. Black image mystery

FreeBooter, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

Black image mystery

1. Black image mystery - Similar Threads - Black image mystery

2. Image is black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image is black: In my Win 11 Pro in the File Explorer, there are several images *.jpg and *.png format, which in Large Icon view are black. Opening them in Irfan, Photos, Paint or any other image application does no good, they stay black. How to open these images?...
  3. Image is black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image is black: In my Win 11 Pro in the File Explorer, there are several images *.jpg and *.png format, which in Large Icon view are black. Opening them in Irfan, Photos, Paint or any other image application does no good, they stay black. How to open these images?...
  4. Help identify this mysterious black box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help identify this mysterious black box: I'm assuming it's a program as it minimizes when I minimize a window but comes back when I maximize the window. It doesn't show up in the taskbar or the apps running screen but the black box is always there from startup. I can't figure out what it could be in taskmanager....
  5. Black image. What causes a normal image to go black?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black image. What causes a normal image to go black?: On my PC I have over 19,000 images, most of them are fine. However, there are a few dozens of images that were fine normal in the beginning but then went black. Now no photo app could open them. What caused these images JPG, BMP to go black? How to restore them?...
  6. Mysterious Black Box Displayed on Desktop Upon Boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mysterious Black Box Displayed on Desktop Upon Boot: Upon booting up I noticed a sneaky little resized box on my desktop. I've gone through my Task Manager, ended any suspect processes and that didn't seem to address the problem. I'm a little creeped out and wondering if anyone has had the same problem and how we can go about...
  7. camera image is black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera image is black: I have a dell inspiron 7348 2-in-1I laptop. It has an intergrated web cam camera. It used to work but now just shows a black screen. I have tried uninstalling. It won't uninstall or if it does, it reloads after a restart. I have tried updating drivers it says best driver...
  8. mystery minimizing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mystery minimizing: For about 6 months now, the active window on my machine will randomly be no longer active. Chrome windows turn gray and I have to click back to them, fullscreen games get minimized, fullscreen movies lose the fullscreen view and I can see the taskbar. I have run disk cleanup,...
  9. png images are black with black background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    png images are black with black background: I cannot see png images in Windows10 Photo App because they turned black when the text is also black. This issue occurs when I want to view transparency images such as png,gif. The same problem with the png file icon on file explorer and .eps files. In case I try to open...
  10. Macrium image mystery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium image mystery: I have two images as below [img] [img] [img] Image 2 starting with A9 occupies 16.4 GB in disk but its disk volume is 25.39GB. Image 1 starting with 1C occupies 15.6Gb in disk but its disk volume 27.5GB. Why this anomaly? 117906