Windows 10: Black image. What causes a normal image to go black?

Discus and support Black image. What causes a normal image to go black? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On my PC I have over 19,000 images, most of them are fine. However, there are a few dozens of images that were fine normal in the beginning but then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ilyazeld, Jun 30, 2021.

1. ilyazeld Win User

Black image. What causes a normal image to go black?

On my PC I have over 19,000 images, most of them are fine. However, there are a few dozens of images that were fine normal in the beginning but then went black. Now no photo app could open them. What caused these images JPG, BMP to go black? How to restore them?

:)

ilyazeld, Jun 30, 2021
  2. Drone Win User

Space images thread

Black image. What causes a normal image to go black? [​IMG]

• Evidence that some early supermassive black holes formed directly from the collapse of a gas cloud has been found.
    • These results could represent a major step in the understanding of how the Universe's first giant black holes formed.
    • Two candidate black hole "seeds" have been identified, possibly at < 1 billion years after the Big Bang.
    • Astronomers combined data from Chandra, Hubble, and Spitzer to make this discovery.

Drone, Jun 30, 2021
  3. png images are black with black background

I cannot see png images in Windows10 Photo App because they turned black when the text is also black.

This issue occurs when I want to view transparency images such as
    png,gif. The same problem with the png file icon on file explorer and .eps files.
    In case I try to open this png file and double click on it, then select Open with photos, I can’t see anything. Everything is black.

Heather Gutierrez1, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Black image. What causes a normal image to go black?

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

Black image. What causes a normal image to go black?

1. Black image. What causes a normal image to go black? - Similar Threads - Black image causes

2. Image is black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image is black: In my Win 11 Pro in the File Explorer, there are several images *.jpg and *.png format, which in Large Icon view are black. Opening them in Irfan, Photos, Paint or any other image application does no good, they stay black. How to open these images?...
  3. Image is black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image is black: In my Win 11 Pro in the File Explorer, there are several images *.jpg and *.png format, which in Large Icon view are black. Opening them in Irfan, Photos, Paint or any other image application does no good, they stay black. How to open these images?...
  4. Black image mystery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black image mystery: On my local network, I have two PCs, both running Win10 and display adapters updated. Therefore, I’m able to reach the same file from both machines simultaneously. Today I got surprised… Using File Explorer on both machines I opened one of the folders with images of different...
  5. Monitor freezes briefly and then black image?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor freezes briefly and then black image?: Hello, My monitor sometimes goes black but not because it goes out. So I unplug the HDMI cable and plug it in, and then it goes off again. I have a 144hz monitor that works in games and always works fine, the problem is since yesterday and has now been 4 times. Monitor...
  6. Black Screen with no image after update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with no image after update.: After update I restarted my PC. Suddenly what i see is a black screen with no image in it. Everything was working fine before and all of a sudden this camera problem happened. I joined a meeting there also people can see a black screen they can't see me. Looks like some...
  7. Snip & Sketch Black Underline on Images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip & Sketch Black Underline on Images: Using Snip & Sketch in Windows 10....every time I do a snip I get a black line at the bottom of the snip. I checked outline settings and they are off. Any suggestions?...
  8. What causes pixilated images?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What causes pixilated images?: Any idea or suggestions what can cause this? [ATTACH] If I refresh the page, some or nearly all of the pixilated images will clear up...., but others will then be scrambled. This started well over a year or so ago, after one of the big updates from MS. It does this on...
  9. camera image is black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera image is black: I have a dell inspiron 7348 2-in-1I laptop. It has an intergrated web cam camera. It used to work but now just shows a black screen. I have tried uninstalling. It won't uninstall or if it does, it reloads after a restart. I have tried updating drivers it says best driver...
  10. png images are black with black background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    png images are black with black background: I cannot see png images in Windows10 Photo App because they turned black when the text is also black. This issue occurs when I want to view transparency images such as png,gif. The same problem with the png file icon on file explorer and .eps files. In case I try to open...