Windows 10: Black Magic Design Intensity Pro 4K Video Capture Cards Worked Once, Then Never after Rebooting

Discus and support Black Magic Design Intensity Pro 4K Video Capture Cards Worked Once, Then Never after Rebooting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Pro, latest build with all updates. To install the driver, it was necessary to use the troubleshooting boot up with option 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by M A Weiss, Dec 22, 2018.

1. M A Weiss Win User

Black Magic Design Intensity Pro 4K Video Capture Cards Worked Once, Then Never after Rebooting

Running Windows 10 Pro, latest build with all updates.

To install the driver, it was necessary to use the troubleshooting boot up with option 7 (disable driver signing). This was instructed by the card's manufacturer. I was able to install and get my cards both up and running, as far as Desktop Video Setup letting me configure them, and Black Magic Media Express displaying video from either one of the cards on the Record tab, by selecting either device from the menu.

The only problem I was having is that OBS Broadcaster was displaying a black screen and no audio from the Black Magic WDM Capture devices.

Thinking that I needed to reboot the system to get OBS working, I did a system restart. Unfortunately, after restarting, both cards have vanished. Desktop Video Setup cannot detect a video device at all, and Media Express is showing no devices.

I looked in Device Manager and both Intensity Pro 4K cards are showing normal status "This device is working properly."

I downloaded the Intensity Pro 4K software from BMD's website yesterday evening, so I assume that's the latest version.

I've tried older drivers for this product, but that didn't work either. Everything appears to be working if you look at the Device Manager's view of the cards, but no software can find the capture cards.

:)

M A Weiss, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Chino Win User

AVerMedia Unveils New Live Gamer 4K UHD Game Capture Cards

AVerMedia Technologies, Inc., a leader in digital video and audio, today introduced its brand-new line of low latency Live Gamer 4K UHD game capture cards at Computex 2018, headlined by the upcoming Live Gamer 4K internal PCIe card that can capture every nuance of stunning 4K HDR console gaming. The card can also record Full HD at up to an amazing 240 fps to seamlessly capture every single frame output from today's high-performance game systems.

AVerMedia offers capture cards for all gamer types, as the company additionally confirmed today the upcoming Live Gamer ULTRA, a driverless, laptop-friendly external card supporting both PCs and Macs that can capture up to 4Kp30 with full 4K HDR passthrough and onboard video processing, and the Live Gamer EXTREME 2, a smaller external card with customizable graphic cover, 4K passthrough, onboard downscaling and 1080p60 recording.

Black Magic Design Intensity Pro 4K Video Capture Cards Worked Once, Then Never after Rebooting 3G4Xg2a4W5hG7kAM_thm.jpg

Black Magic Design Intensity Pro 4K Video Capture Cards Worked Once, Then Never after Rebooting ASmneEHf0dWVSiZ0_thm.jpg

Black Magic Design Intensity Pro 4K Video Capture Cards Worked Once, Then Never after Rebooting XdxBZOpNC4Jpd1hg_thm.jpg

The Live Gamer 4K and Live Gamer ULTRA cards are scheduled to ship on June 25, while the Live Gamer EXTREME 2 is available today online and at retail.

"The goal of our Live Gamer 4K UHD line of capture cards is to give streamers a strong range of 4K options to stream, record and share spectacular gameplay visuals and audio," said David Kao, Marketing Director of AVerMedia. "Game streamers are the new rock stars, and AVerMedia caters to today's celebrities while also providing aspiring and upcoming influencers with affordable, high quality tools as they prepare for a bright future."

Game streaming is one of the fastest growing entertainment sectors, with over 100M monthly users on Twitch alone. In conjunction, PC and next generation console gaming are increasingly moving to stunning 4K visuals. AVerMedia's Live Gamer 4K UHD lineup unites both these trends, allowing gamers and influencers to "future proof" their rig for 4K and high frame rate capture easily, and at an affordable price. From the top of the line Live Gamer 4K that can capture incredible 4K HDR details down to the movement of an eyelash to the highly affordable Live Gamer EXTREME 2, AVerMedia has the cards gamers want and need.

Additionally, all cards come with AVerMedia's proprietary RECentral software that supports simultaneous streaming to Twitch, YouTube and Mixer from a single app, and CyberLink's PowerDirector 15 4K video editing software.

PRODUCT DETAILS

All Live Gamer 4K UHD Cards
    • Widely Compatible: Work with all major capturing and streaming software, including OBS and XSplit
    • Video/Audio I/O: HDMI 2.0
    • Recording Format: MPEG 4 (H.264+AAC) or (H.265+AAC)
    • Bundled Software: AVerMedia RECentral, CyberLink PowerDirector 15
    Live Gamer 4K (GC573)
    • Top of Line Tech: AVerMedia's top capture card, capable of handling any game at ultra-high resolution and framerate and with ultra-low latency
    • 4Kp60 HDR: High Dynamic Range capture for brighter whites and darker blacks and a wider color gamut overall, significantly superior to standard 4K, while at 60 fps
    • Maximum Performance: Via Internal PCI Express x4 Gen2 card form factor
    • Look like a Rock Star: RGB with three preset modes to make your setup shine
    • Max. Pass-Through Resolution: 2160p60 HDR / 1440p144 / 1080p240
    • Max. Capture Resolution: 2160p60 HDR / 1440p120 / 1080p240
    • Recorded Quality: 150 Mbps default @2160p60; up to 240 Mbps is possible
    • MSRP: US$299.99
    Live Gamer ULTRA (GC553)
    • For Pros and Aspiring Pros: AVerMedia's intermediate capture card, designed to work well with both laptops and desktop gaming PCs and equipped with onboard video processing to lighten the CPU load
    • Laptop-friendly Form Factor with Low Latency: USB 3.1 (Gen 1) Type-C interface
    • Max. Pass-Through Resolution: 2160p60 HDR / 1440p144 / 1080p240
    • Max. Capture Resolution: 2160p30 / 1440p60 / 1080p120
    • Recorded Quality: 150 Mbps default @2160p30; up to 240 Mbps is possible
    • MSRP: US$249.99
    Live Gamer EXTREME 2 (GC551)
    • Performance on a Budget: Entry-level price with 2160p60 passthrough capability
    • Laptop-friendly Form Factor with Low Latency: USB 3.1 (Gen 1) Type-C interface supporting both PC and Macs through the UVC protocol
    • Customizable Cover: Print your own custom graphics to strengthen your streaming brand
    • Max. Pass-Through Resolution: 2160p60
    • Max. Capture Resolution: 1080p60
    • Recorded Quality: 60 Mbps default @1080p60; up to 240 Mbps is possible
    • MSRP: US$179.99

Chino, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Octavean Win User
    Magewell Ships the Pro Capture HDMI 4K Plus LT

The Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro is a 4K capture card that costs about half at ~$399 USD.

Octavean, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Chino Win User

Black Magic Design Intensity Pro 4K Video Capture Cards Worked Once, Then Never after Rebooting

Elgato 4K60 Pro Capture Card Lets You Record 4K Footage at 60 FPS Flawlessly

Elgato Gaming today announced that Game Capture 4K60 Pro, a first-of-its-kind capture card capable of flawlessly capturing 4K footage at 60 frames per second, will be available on November 22, 2017. Originally teased at Gamescom 2017, Game Capture 4K60 Pro will be the first consumer-ready 4K capture card to hit the market. Game Capture 4K60 Pro is ideal for capturing Ultra HD footage from a PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, PC, or any other unencrypted HDMI device. Pre-Orders for Game Capture 4K60 Pro are available from Elgato and Amazon for an MSRP of £359.95 GBP.

"4K content is here to stay and demand is booming. Content creators shouldn't be limited by the constraints of their capture hardware," said Julian Fest, General Manager of Elgato Gaming. "Game Capture 4K60 Pro gives creators the tools they need to stay ahead of the curve and give their audiences nothing less than the best."

Black Magic Design Intensity Pro 4K Video Capture Cards Worked Once, Then Never after Rebooting qdvMiegO6SoW9xZs_thm.jpg

Black Magic Design Intensity Pro 4K Video Capture Cards Worked Once, Then Never after Rebooting smnxOtWvPUXpl0JP_thm.jpg

Black Magic Design Intensity Pro 4K Video Capture Cards Worked Once, Then Never after Rebooting f1YvWaAab4ZRkjAS_thm.jpg

Black Magic Design Intensity Pro 4K Video Capture Cards Worked Once, Then Never after Rebooting BM7vBR0McCx6m1tx_thm.jpg

Robust hardware, coupled with Elgato's custom-built software, provide a dedicated framework for maximum performance. This allows content creators to record with ease and export to their preferred editing application, crafting their final product on their own terms. Elgato's Instant Gameview technology powers creators' workflows with real-time precision and ultra low-latency - even when pushing an incredible number of pixels.

Game Capture 4K60 Highlights:
    • Ultra quality: capture your gameplay in immaculate 4K resolution at 60 FPS
    • Instant Gameview: power your workflow with superior low latency technology
    • Dedicated software: record with ease and export to your favorite editing app
    Technical Specifications
    • Interface: PCIe x4
    • Input: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, unencrypted HDMI
    • Output: HDMI (lag-free pass-through)
    • Supported Resolutions: Up to 2160p60
    • Dimensions & Weight: 178 x 121 x 21 mm, 270 g / 7 x 4.7 x 0.83 in, 9.5 oz
    System Requirements
    • Windows 10 (64-bit) 6th generation
    • Intel Core i7 CPU (i7-6xxx) / AMD Ryzen 7 (or better)
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10xx / AMD Radeon RX Vega (or better)
    • PCIe x4/x8/x16 slot

Chino, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Black Magic Design Intensity Pro 4K Video Capture Cards Worked Once, Then Never after Rebooting - Similar Threads - Black Magic Design

2. Video capture card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video capture card not working: HI,I'm getting annoyed that my video capture card isn't getting and picture or audio from my PS5.i have tries disabling HCDP didn't do anything and power cycling, changing the power plan, doing an entire system troubleshoot to make sure nothing is outdated. I'm using a Lenovo...
  3. Video capture card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video capture card not working: HI,I'm getting annoyed that my video capture card isn't getting and picture or audio from my PS5.i have tries disabling HCDP didn't do anything and power cycling, changing the power plan, doing an entire system troubleshoot to make sure nothing is outdated. I'm using a Lenovo...
  4. Video capture cards not working Windows 11 Pro 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video capture cards not working Windows 11 Pro 22H2: I have a brand new EVGA XR1 Pro video capture card which will not show any video on either a Dell XPS 8940 desktop or an MSI GS78 laptop, both running Windows 11 Pro 22H2 on Intel i9 11th gen 16 core processors with 64GB and 32GB RAM respectively. Device manager shows the...
  5. Video capture cards not working Windows 11 Pro 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video capture cards not working Windows 11 Pro 22H2: I have a brand new EVGA XR1 Pro video capture card which will not show any video on either a Dell XPS 8940 desktop or an MSI GS78 laptop, both running Windows 11 Pro 22H2 on Intel i9 11th gen 16 core processors with 64GB and 32GB RAM respectively. Device manager shows the...
  6. Video Card/HDR/4K Questions

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video Card/HDR/4K Questions: At some point I'm probably going to want to get a 2K or 4K monitor, preferably with some version of HDR. I talked on the phone today with 2 EVGA people about HDR and got somewhat-different answers. The question is: Does HDR have to be designed and built into a video card or...
  7. Video Capture Card Not Working after Feb 24 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Capture Card Not Working after Feb 24 Update: We use a PC to livestream our service and have an external video capture card. It was working the day before the update install, but hasn't since. We have checked all the areas. the USB port is enabled, but we keep getting an error code 43. We are at a loss as this will be...
  8. PrintScreen does not capture 4k

in Windows 10 Customization
    PrintScreen does not capture 4k: Hi, I use 4k monitor. When i press PrintScreen on keyboard or use Snipping tool, Windows captures only 1920x1080 image at the top left corner of the screen and the the rest of the image is black. It does not capture 4k shot. Please help. [IMG]...
  9. Video capture has a black screen and working audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video capture has a black screen and working audio: Hello, When using video capture all I get is audio and a black screen. I did not have this problem before, then I recorded many videos. I have not use Capture for a period so I don't now when this problem arrived. thanks and regards...
  10. USB video capture card in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB video capture card in windows 10: Hi Does anyone know how to do this please? I've just got a new one as both of my older ones will not work. That makes 3 different types now, and I have been going round in circles for weeks now....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 setup of black magic intensity pro