Windows 10: Black menus and taskbar

Discus and support Black menus and taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I messed up my windows 10 settings, so now I see the taskbar and pop-up menus in black with black text. If I roll over them with the cursor, I can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JonMarchant, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Black menus and taskbar

I messed up my windows 10 settings, so now I see the taskbar and pop-up menus in black with black text. If I roll over them with the cursor, I can see the icons but no text. I've tried to change either the text or background to something visible, but since I can't read the menus I'm stuck.

Maybe a keyboard shortcut?

HELP!

:)

JonMarchant, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Black menus and taskbar

Black and white menus/taskbar

When I log in to my user, my taskbar and start menus have turned black and white; almost like safe mode, but safe mode isn't on.

VicDiaz562, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Black menus and taskbar

1. Black menus and taskbar - Similar Threads - Black menus taskbar

2. Taskbar menus are blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menus are blank: In my taskbar the bottom right hand corner are missing all its icons. Time is missing as well so I dont know what sorcery is going on. I check on my settings it is all turn on. I tried to turning it off then restart then turn it back on but no positive result....
  3. Taskbar menus are blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar menus are blank: In my taskbar the bottom right hand corner are missing all its icons. Time is missing as well so I dont know what sorcery is going on. I check on my settings it is all turn on. I tried to turning it off then restart then turn it back on but no positive result....
  4. Taskbar menus are blank

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar overlaps dropdown menus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar overlaps dropdown menus: In some programs, I have to select options from a dropdown menu. However, the taskbar overlaps the last options, and I can't select them. Can someone help solve this issue?...
  6. Taskbar shortcuts' context menus diminished

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar shortcuts' context menus diminished: Win10 Pro (20H2, says winver). Updated from 2004; visually unchanged, including taskbar. Taskbar shortcuts' context menus are less useful, containing only - unpin - close (if referenced program is running). Formerly the menu contained also the name, whose submenu...
  7. Black and white menus/taskbar

Black and white menus/taskbar: When I log in to my user, my taskbar and start menus have turned black and white; almost like safe mode, but safe mode isn't on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/black-and-white-menustaskbar/480b659c-9dd0-43a1-8e64-57b61423b216
  8. Enabled Scroll Ability for Taskbar Toolbar Menus?

Enabled Scroll Ability for Taskbar Toolbar Menus?: I've used the Desktop Toolbar on my taskbar for ages now. My one complaint has always been the fact that I can't scroll through the list with my mouse wheel. I have to point my cursor to the arrow at the edges of the menu for it to scroll up/down. *cry Is there any way...
  9. Taskbar & Context Menus not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar & Context Menus not displaying correctly: This problem occurred after updating some programs using Secunia's PSI, although I don't believe the updates caused this (more later). Problems seen: Taskbar & its icons are displayed in a corrupted form (see screenshot) Date/Time is missing from the Notification area of...
  10. Taskbar menus lag

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar menus lag: Hello I have some kind of lag opening desktop taskbar , it only happens on first boot or while coming back from suspend. my pc is i7 6700k 16gb ram and ssd i tried to disable lan and problem still persist [img] is it normal on windows 10 to be so laggy to open a...