Windows 10: Black monitor after restart/going in sleep mode

Discus and support Black monitor after restart/going in sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sorry if my english is bad. I have a laptop , windows 10. Everytime I restart my pc or it goes into sleep mode my monitor won't turn on. It only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bunea Cosmin, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Black monitor after restart/going in sleep mode

Sorry if my english is bad.

I have a laptop , windows 10.

Everytime I restart my pc or it goes into sleep mode my monitor won't turn on. It only turns on after i unplug it an let it stay closed a couple of hours . Idk why but after that the monitor starts working again. I tried everithing and nothing seems to work. Can someone plz help?

:)

Bunea Cosmin, Dec 22, 2019
  2. SueOgle Win User

monitor keeps going into sleep mode

monitor keeps going into sleep mode

SueOgle, Dec 22, 2019
  3. xluryan Win User
    Monitor won't sleep

To add more information:

I tried restarting in Safe Mode. In this mode, the monitor does go to a black screen, but does not enter sleep mode.

xluryan, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Black monitor after restart/going in sleep mode

Monitor sleep mode

I have a HP w1907 monitor, the monitor completely went black displays sleep mode, but does indicate no input connection

what do i do

JaniceErrico, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Black monitor after restart/going in sleep mode

1. Black monitor after restart/going in sleep mode - Similar Threads - Black monitor restart

2. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  3. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  4. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System restarts after monitors go to sleep

System restarts after monitors go to sleep: Hi there.I have recently been having issues with my system restarting on its own. Usually it is when I am not at the computer. Also sometimes when I go to resume operation and the monitors have turned off they don't come back on and I have to restart computer for it to get...
  6. System restarts after monitors go to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restarts after monitors go to sleep: Hi there.I have recently been having issues with my system restarting on its own. Usually it is when I am not at the computer. Also sometimes when I go to resume operation and the monitors have turned off they don't come back on and I have to restart computer for it to get...
  7. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode: Hello, as per title, gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode. Niether timed, neither enforced via console sleep works.I have three gamepads at my disposal, different brands, neither of them use any special software; and all three of them cause this problem. This issue...
  8. Dell Precision 7740 Sleep Mode - Black Monitors/Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Precision 7740 Sleep Mode - Black Monitors/Restart: Alas, I cannot precisely the exact moment of the annoying changes in sleep mode. It is possible that an nVidia RTX Quadro 5000 driver could be a culprit. No configuration, apart that above, has been made to the power setting. At present after putting the laptop workstation...
  9. Monitor will not go to sleep mode

Monitor will not go to sleep mode: pc will not go into sleep mode. get message "input signal not found. check video cable and video source." how correct problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-will-not-go-to-sleep-mode/e39ea554-f741-4167-8c20-1d7e9313ef9f
  10. Monitor is black after sleep

Monitor is black after sleep: So when i try to wake my pc from sleep, my pc wakes but the monitor is black and after like 1 min of waiting my pc automatically restarts which is rather annoying since I've tried everything i could to fix it with no success. This issue started to occur after i swapped from...