Windows 10: Black names of files and programs

Discus and support Black names of files and programs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I accidentally pressed most of the buttons on the left side of my keyboard. Now every time i mouse over a program or a file (basically anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dipaVTrash, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Black names of files and programs

Hello, I accidentally pressed most of the buttons on the left side of my keyboard. Now every time i mouse over a program or a file (basically anything on my desktop with a name) turns black and blurry except for the recycle bin. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I mean that the name of the file or program turns black and blurry.

submitted by /u/dipaVTrash
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dipaVTrash, Jan 10, 2020
  2. DCnewbie Win User

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Jan 10, 2020
  3. KBD
    KBD Win User
    Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

4. Black names of files and programs

Administartor rights lost in program file and program files x86

Hi Luca,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the files and folders on Program file and Program file x86, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you logged in as an administrator?
    • Is this issue specific only to the Programs file and Program file x86 folders?

Step 1: If you have logged-in as an administrator, I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can access the specific files.

• Right click on the folder and click on
      Properties
    • Click on Security tab and select the
      group\user name.
    • Click on Edit option and check the option
      Full control.
    • Click on Apply and then on
      Ok
      button.

Step 2: Try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Right-click the C: Drive that you want to take ownership of, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click the Security tab, and then click
      OK on the Security message, if one appears.
    • Click Advanced, and then click the
      Owner tab.
    • In the Name list, click your user name,
      Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the
      Administrators group.

If you want to take ownership of the contents of that folder, click to select the
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK.

• You may receive the following error message, where
      Folder is the name of the folder that you want to take ownership of:
      You do not have permission to read the co1ntents of directory Folder. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control? All permissions will be replaced if you press
      Yes.
    6. Click Yes.

7. Click OK, and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and the folder contents.

Hope it helps. Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Black names of files and programs

1. Black names of files and programs - Similar Threads - Black names files

2. I need Black Font for Desktop files names!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need Black Font for Desktop files names!: I'm a Windows user with dyslexia, and I've hit a wall with something that might seem trivial to many but is a significant hurdle for me: reading the white text of desktop file names. I cannot do that anymore. It's 2024, and while Windows has made leaps in various areas, I'm...
  3. I need Black Font for Desktop files names!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need Black Font for Desktop files names!: I'm a Windows user with dyslexia, and I've hit a wall with something that might seem trivial to many but is a significant hurdle for me: reading the white text of desktop file names. I cannot do that anymore. It's 2024, and while Windows has made leaps in various areas, I'm...
  4. Incorrect Program Names

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect Program Names: Hi! I have a problem with my programs not displaying their correct name or the correct filename of the file it opens. As shown on the top left area of the photo that I have attached below. This happens to programs like VLC, IDM, Acrobat Reader, Premier Pro, etc. What should I...
  5. Incorrect Program Names

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Incorrect Program Names: Hi! I have a problem with my programs not displaying their correct name or the correct filename of the file it opens. As shown on the top left area of the photo that I have attached below. What should I do? I hope somebody can help me with this. Thank you in advance....
  6. Is there a program to change file names?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a program to change file names?: Hello, i have a large list of files (pictures and videos) with ":" in the file names. Unfortunately Windows doesn't want this, is there a linux program that can help here or do I have to do it by hand? Gibt es ein Programm zum ändern von Dateinamen?
  7. File Name Warning for C:\Program

File Name Warning for C:\Program: Hi all, "There is a file or folder on your computer called "C:\Program which could cause certain applications to not function correctly. Renaming it to "C:\Program1" would solve this problem." I note that this issue has been mentioned many times in the past, but not...
  8. Process named 'Program'

Process named 'Program': Hello, I have found a process in my the startup tab in the taskmanager named "Program". It is referring to "C:/Program Files/Teams Installer/Teams.exe" which might be Microsoft Teams. I removed MS Teams from my system and I don't know how to remove this process from my...
  9. Start > Programs. How to show program name - not manufacturer's name?

Start > Programs. How to show program name - not manufacturer's name?: . I have Windows 10 Pro. I tried to find a seldom-used program using Start > Programs. The search took a long time, because the list of programs contained the manufacturer's name - not the name of the program. Is it possible to edit or modify the entry so that I see...
  10. Unknown programs with name program at Startup

Unknown programs with name program at Startup: Hi, my question is about two programs in the startup with name program, and i don't know wich program belongs, and if can disable it, I attach a picture of it [img] 18921

Users found this page by searching for:

1. some desktop files have black names

2. file names black Windows 10