Windows 10: Black or Dead Screen Before Sign in to Windows

Discus and support Black or Dead Screen Before Sign in to Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop is not working properly i have dell vostro 1550 with i3 2nd generation processor 2 gb ram with intel hd graphics 3000 when i m updating my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Luckyme_, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Luckyme_ Win User

Black or Dead Screen Before Sign in to Windows

My laptop is not working properly i have dell vostro 1550 with i3 2nd generation processor 2 gb ram with intel hd graphics 3000 when i m updating my laptop and restart before sign in window 10 laptop goes to dead or black screen. is that a problem in unsupported graphic or what ?

***Moved From: Windows 10/Performance & system failures***

***Changed Title From: window 10 support***

:)

Luckyme_, Nov 25, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 25, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Black or Dead Screen Before Sign in to Windows

Frequent black screen/unresponsive requiring hard boot

Hi,

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Are you getting black screen before sign in or after sign in?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Black or Dead Screen Before Sign in to Windows

1. Black or Dead Screen Before Sign in to Windows - Similar Threads - Black Dead Screen

2. Black screen before signing in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen before signing in.: Let me simplify the situation.It's been about half a month of me fixing problem on my PC that I built with Windows 10. USBBasically, I pulled out the USB stick and fixed the problem. Nice!Now I still have one unresolved issue left... the black screen before signing in. How do...
  3. Black screen before signing in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen before signing in.: Let me simplify the situation.It's been about half a month of me fixing problem on my PC that I built with Windows 10. USBBasically, I pulled out the USB stick and fixed the problem. Nice!Now I still have one unresolved issue left... the black screen before signing in. How do...
  4. Black screen before signing in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Computer with black screen before sign in and cursor keeps reloading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer with black screen before sign in and cursor keeps reloading: I have a HP Pavilion desktop and I have a problem with it. The problem is that I have a black screen, which I know how to fix, but my keyboard and mouse won’t let me. It just keeps reloading and reloading but it only happens on the black screen. It doesn’t happen in the bios,...
  6. Black screen before login to windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen before login to windows: Hey,Last night my laptop gave a error message don't remember what exact error and then shut down.After rebooting it only goes to a black screen, before a login or something even appears.I looked it up and basically tried anything I could find to fix it.-Can't access any of...
  7. Black screen before windows startup

Black screen before windows startup: Hey, I have a Lenovo idea pad I got given as a hand me down from my sister. Was not in great shape when I received it but I reset it to factory setting and has been working fine for about 2 months since. A couple of weeks ago I started getting this issue. On start up the...
  8. Black screen before Windows starts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen before Windows starts: Hi I'm facing this issue since last few weeks. When I turn on my laptop, before getting the login page there is 5-10 seconds of black screen. Why is this happening and is there a solution for this?...
  9. Black Screen Before Sign-in Screen

Black Screen Before Sign-in Screen: I've been having this problem from the 1809 update of oct 2018. This problem is annoying me so much. I've tried all the solutions that microsoft suggested but no luck. I'll be getting the black screen with the cursor on for like 8 to 15 seconds. Please if anyone facing the...
  10. Black Screen before sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen before sign in: For Christmas I swapped out my obsolete hardware and have had nothing but issues since. I switched out the CPU, MOBO, and RAM, and had to buy a new copy of win10 having not know the license wasn’t transferable: first mistake. I had been running Win10 before the swap with no...