Windows 10: Black overlay with welcome tab after logging into Windows

Discus and support Black overlay with welcome tab after logging into Windows in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows Pro 10, 10.0.18362 I was forced to upgrade to the latest version of Win 10 today. When I logged in to windows after the upgrade I was told I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by robinemcd, Mar 13, 2020.

1. robinemcd Win User

Black overlay with welcome tab after logging into Windows

Windows Pro 10, 10.0.18362

I was forced to upgrade to the latest version of Win 10 today. When I logged in to windows after the upgrade I was told I would set up a pin for an easier logging in experience. Needless to say...

I was asked to log into windows. I used my work login vs my personal login and was told I had to use my personal windows login and clicked on the go back link. Now it is stuck on a black overlay with a welcome tab and I can go any farther. if I use the windows button I can type something into the search, but it doesn't allow me to see the screen because of the black overlay. I can alt tab and see the open windows, but can't get to them because of the black overlay.

Any ideas?

:)

robinemcd, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Mar 13, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Mar 13, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Black overlay with welcome tab after logging into Windows - Similar Threads - Black overlay welcome

2. Windows Black Screen After Logging in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Black Screen After Logging in.: I was playing games on my Windows 10 PC, then it suddenly went blue screen. Sadly, I don't remember the stop code. Then the automatic restart after the blue screen didn't go very well. The time on the windows logo booting screen increased. After I login to the PC, It's just a...
  3. Windows Black Screen After Logging in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Black Screen After Logging in.: I was playing games on my Windows 10 PC, then it suddenly went blue screen. Sadly, I don't remember the stop code. Then the automatic restart after the blue screen didn't go very well. The time on the windows logo booting screen increased. After I login to the PC, It's just a...
  4. Windows Black Screen After Logging in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black Screen After Logging In

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen After Logging In: I am currently having a problem with my laptop. It shut down when I forgot to plug it in as it was already running low in power. I then plugged it in to a power source and pressed the power button. It prompted me to enter my password and after logging in, the screen went...
  6. Stuck at "Welcome" after logging into company domain?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at "Welcome" after logging into company domain?: Recently started having an influx of issues with newly imaged Win10 1903 setups, these are joined to a corporate domain and some of my users will get stuck at "Welcome" after entering their password to login. I've tried a number of things, but no profiles are able to log in...
  7. Stuck at "Welcome" after logging in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at "Welcome" after logging in: I've entered my passwrd and it get stuck at welcome Safe mode has the same problem I tried advanced options > startup repair with my installation USB but it said it couldn't do it Not sure what else to try outside of re-installing submitted by /u/MrSparkyBoomMan [link]...
  8. Log on welcome page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log on welcome page: After the last Windows 10 update two of the three logon names were removed by the update. I have tried several things with no positive results. The two other names remain off the logon page....
  9. Black Screen after Log on

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after Log on: After log on I get black screen,I can get into task manager.Is there a way to restart computer in safe mode from task manager new task? 42785
  10. Black Overlay Screen issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Overlay Screen issue: So, honestly, I have no clue what this is, why it's happening, and of course how to fix it. But, I would hope to think that posting it here may get some results. So, I've been having this issue for the past couple months, that whenever I turn on my computer, I get this...